View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    A few touchy Sprint fanatics in here? A bunch of people asked what the price differences were so I posted it. I know, Sprint is the best carrier in the universe because their limited 3G/4G coverage areas, and huge text lag are no big deal, and they practically pay their subscribers to use them, but give it a rest.

Since Verizon gives employees at my company a 20% discount, Verizon is still cheaper for me than Sprint, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    A few touchy Sprint fanatics in here? A bunch of people asked what the price differences were so I posted it. I know, Sprint is the best carrier in the universe because their limited 3G/4G coverage areas, and huge text lag are no big deal, and they practically pay their subscribers to use them, but give it a rest.

Since Verizon gives employees at my company a 20% discount, Verizon is still cheaper for me than Sprint, btw.
    Have you checked your company's discount at Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Have you checked your company's discount at Sprint?
    Yes. It's 0.00% Since I'm currently a Sprint customer, that's something I check on occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The comparison isn't all that fair. For one webos isn't android so the only way for gps navigation is to pay verizon an extra $10.00 and you have to watch your minutes unlike with sprint unlimited mobile and nights beginning at 7pm.

Anyway single plas are a complete ripoff. Family plans is where the real savings.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    I don't have a "family" so it is irrelevant for me. Watch my minutes? Why would I need to watch my minutes? Do people here actually go over 450 minutes of talk time per month? I certainly don't.

Most people I know don't communicate via phone call any more. It's almost all done via text.
    I don't have a "family" so it is irrelevant for me. Watch my minutes? Why would I need to watch my minutes? Do people here actually go over 450 minutes of talk time per month? I certainly don't.

Most people I know don't communicate via phone call any more. It's almost all done via text.
    So, it sounds like you've found what works for you, but people are different.

And yeah, my wife uses about 1200 minutes a month. I used about 120.

My wife uses her phone for work and we usually use 2700+ of our 3000 shared anytime minutes. It all depends on what you use the phone for. Personally, I only use 100 minutes or so, but I make up for it in data usage.

Me too. And even though sprint is almost exactly the same price, it doesn't matter because sprint doesn't even have 3G or any high speed data in my part of the state... So...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Funny, we're ****ed that sprint wont have the pre 3 and sprint is ****ed off at the att & tmo merge. They're worried about being a major player and losing control and lack of innovation? Hah, they are choosing not to be a major player with hp, losing control of customers leaving for other carriers to get new webos devices, and choosing to thwart innovation by limiting they're partners, making advancement on their wireless technology slower. Let's face it they chose to go the android/wimax route. Now lte is becoming the unified choice of other carriers. There's no simple switch as they operate at different frequency thus handset and tower hardware have to change accordingly. Also, Sprint is afraid of hspa+ because it's cheaper, already out, simultaneous voice and data, and very fast. They wont be able to do pricing gimmicks on wimax who would want to pay more for something new when you can get something just as good with something old and cheaper. The only reason they have good data plans is because they don't have the load that att has. More towers will aleviate this, data caps/throttling removed thus in turn removing high bills since limitations will not be an issue. Sprint's only attention getter and selling point will then be...but we have the latest android 4d with projection. Once it becomes a game of customer hardware they will have nothing to offer as a wireless provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Wait, so if I have a working Pre- on Sprint, are you saying that I could buy a used Verizon Pre2 and "upgrade" by taking the two apart and mixing and matching the pieces, without having to muck with software? Because if that's true, I really ought to do it.
    teabiscuit and renegade already answered your question. I think you just have to make sure the Pre- com board is activated to your phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, it sounds like you've found what works for you, but people are different.

And yeah, my wife uses about 1200 minutes a month. I used about 120.
    The point is somebody asks for costs and I post them, then the Sprint zealots pop enrage and do a WoW freak out about how Sprint is some incredible deal. The numbers don't lie. Sprint is not much cheaper, apples to apples, for the majority of users out there.

There are going to be people that get better deals at T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon for a multitude of reasons. I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, but I can still acknowledge the disparity in pricing is NOTHING like it used to be. AT&T and Verizon have added options that make them much less expensive, and Sprint has become more expensive.

There are certainly value points at Sprint, but it's not like you're going to spend $130/mo for a Verizon plan that's equivalent to a $70/mo Sprint plan anymore.

Like I said. When you compare apples to apples, it's just not a big deal for the vast majority of users.
    AT&T and Verizon have added options that make them much less expensive, and Sprint has become more expensive.

Yeah Sprint, wassup with that huh? Everyones lowering but you guys are increasing. Epic fail. Just a matter of time till the balance shifts in pricing
    When it does what will sprint have to offer in terms of technology, cough cough, innovation? Wimax/lte everyone would have already beaten them to the punch. I wonder what will happen to their pricing when they decide to do their migration from wimax to lte then rollout more lte towers.
    The point is somebody asks for costs and I post them, then the Sprint zealots pop enrage and do a WoW freak out about how Sprint is some incredible deal. The numbers don't lie. Sprint is not much cheaper, apples to apples, for the majority of users out there.
    May not be "much cheaper", but I believe the point was that it is cheaper.
    My point was only that the more "apples to apples" you make the comparison, the better Sprint looks.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Pre 3 rumors and Sprint? It's turned into a carrier value and pricing war/comparison expose.
    Are you surprised the discussion has evolved over 33 pages?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Are you surprised the discussion has evolved over 33 pages?
    HA! Yeah I guess that's the natural evolution of all carrier based threads.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Yes. It's 0.00% Since I'm currently a Sprint customer, that's something I check on occasion.
    if you are a credit union member, you can get 10% off through Sprint on each month's bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Pre 3 rumors and Sprint? It's turned into a carrier value and pricing war/comparison expose.
    It's because most of the rumors weren't rumors at all. They were just stupid Sprint Chat sessions from people on this site hungry for anything and thought messing with outsourced foreigners who will say anything to make a sale was some sort of goldmine of insider information.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Goodpoint! back to the "get the Pre 3 on Sprint" thread.

If you are on Sprint, email dan@sprint.com with your Sprint phone number. Sprint will call you within 48hours. Sprint has NOT said NO, They just won't say when! So apply some pressure! 2 Reps I have talked with at Sprint have said the emails and calls about WebOs are helping but they need more! So email Dan and post your results here or over at the Dan@sprint.com thread. Thanks
    Will the Pre3 be on Sprint? For most webOS users on Sprint, this should be a "no biggie either way." Other carriers like AT&T or Verizon who may get the Pre3 aren't much more expensive.

The bottom line is that if you stick with Sprint, it's unlikely you'll get a Pre3. If you value Sprint's questionable service and small coverage maps for $10/mo less (which so far I do), stick with Sprint. Get an Android phone and be done with it when and if the Pre3 launch date ever becomes known.

Side note, the TouchPad is launching July 1st, we now know. The Pre3's launch date has yet to be announced so I think it's safe to assume it's later than July 1st. If it followed the pattern of HP releases thus far, I'd say mid August might be reasonable?

LOL. Mid August. 6 months after it was working live at an HP event. The incompetence is simply mind blowing. Apotheker and Ruby should be kicking cans down the street on their way to the unemployment line.