View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    you have been missed informed or you used it already. i got a letter confirming that my upgrade will be available still if i dont use it. so i did not lose anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Sprint roadmap outs LG Optimus Slider and BlackBerry Torch 2, among others -- Engadget Mobile

Leaked Sprint "Road Map" does not have anything about any Palm phones

See these are the news stories that I have been talking about. Leaked insider info that would show if Sprint is going to be offering new WebOS devices. These types of stories always seem to leak out. So there is people working for Sprint, HP or who ever, that would give us some insight to new products. I just haven't seen any that show Sprint is going to be offering new WebOS devices. That silence worries me, because some insider info should have leaked out by now. I honestly don't think we are going to get new WebOS devices. I hope that I am wrong though.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    My option comes up in October. If they have a webOS phone by then, I'll be just as happy.

Yes, that's selfish. Deal with it.
    still holding my upgrade from feb and even though I dont want to leave webos I'm sticking with sprint and might be forced to. The june 24th evo makes me think any new webos phone on sprint is a long long long time away. I might switch over if need be and hope that down the road webos comes back to sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    still holding my upgrade from feb and even though I dont want to leave webos I'm sticking with sprint and might be forced to. The june 24th evo makes me think any new webos phone on sprint is a long long long time away. I might switch over if need be and hope that down the road webos comes back to sprint!

If the new WebOS devices sell like crazy, then Sprint would be motivated to start selling the devices again. Maybe Sprint isn't going to sell WebOS devices for now, because they are not selling as much as Android and BlackBerry devices.

I don't know about anyone else but i think my Sprintified Pre2 will hold me over just fine if the Pre3 gets held back from Sprint. Don't get me wrong, i really want the Pre3 to come to Sprint but my Pre2 is working out pretty nice. The best thing about it is i didn't have to use my upgrade and if i want to switch carriers than i can without the ETF.
    That "roadmap" screenshot doesn't mean much.

No mention of the EVO 3D(coming out 6/24)
    No mention of the Motorola Photon(4G)
    No mention of the Samsung Galaxy SII

The Pre3 is as much a possibility on Sprint as ever which still doesn't mean much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    That "roadmap" screenshot doesn't mean much.

No mention of the EVO 3D(coming out 6/24)
    No mention of the Motorola Photon(4G)
    No mention of the Samsung Galaxy SII

The Pre3 is as much a possibility on Sprint as ever which still doesn't mean much.
    Yeah your right about the roadmap not mentioning phones that are due out, like the EVO 3D. Maybe there is still hope. Each day that passes though, without an announcement, further damages my hopes.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    You guys are forgetting that the Pre topped instinct as the best selling phone on Sprint till the Evo came out. (at least I read something like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    You guys are forgetting that the Pre topped instinct as the best selling phone on Sprint till the Evo came out. (at least I read something like that)

You are correct. I read that and also heard it on Attack Of The Show. The Palm Pre was the best selling Sprint phone until the EVO came out. Now the EVO is the best selling Sprint phone.

which is why the june 24th evo3d makes me think they are content.
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    which is why the june 24th evo3d makes me think they are content.
    Who is content, HP or Sprint? The EVO 3D should sell extremely well and help Sprint keep and attract customers.

Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
    I said as much in another thread but lets just face it, the Pre 3 is going to be on AT&T and VZW. Plan accordingly. I have no idea what I'm going to do, I'm a Sprint Gold premier member and I have an old work discount of 27%. No way I will be able to get the same price for my wife and I. I also just used my upgrade on an Evo. Wish I hadn't done that, now I'm stuck for a bit. Shoot I would take a Pre2 or a Veer if I could. I'm pretty disappointed at the moment.
    Sell the Evo and buy a Pre2. I want a Pre3 on Sprint but my Franken Pre2 is pretty awesome. If Sprint doesn't get the Pre3, I am going to buy the Evo3D and sell it on Ebay to raise money for a Touchpad.
    All att has to do is lower their prices and they would kill sprint, even though its just 3g.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Who is content, HP or Sprint? The EVO 3D should sell extremely well and help Sprint keep and attract customers.
    sprint...... The evo 3D will help to keep and attract customers.... Just not webOS users.
    I want to continue to be a webOS user but it appears to me since I'm sticking with sprint I might soon be an android user.
    I will not be a day one evo 3D owner but I am really trying to figure out if I want to try the arrive, nexus S, or evo 3D. I will still be waiting come july as to what I will do and hope that the pre3 will be available because that's what I want. I liked the arrive when I played with it but not sure I want to be an early adopter. The nexus S was ok but didn't blow me away so I guess I should rule it out. If I hadn't went to an at&t store and saw first hand how awesome the veer was I would probably go ahead with the evo3D but I'm gonna still be waiting for the coming months in july!
    makatram - Why not consider the Pre2 if the Pre3 does not come to Sprint? I'm satisfied with the Pre2 and will only be slightly upset if the Pre3 is not released on Sprint. You can hold onto your upgrade for a possible future webOS phone or... do what I keep thinking about: buy the latest and greatest Android phone with your upgrade, sell it, and use that money to buy a TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    makatram - Why not consider the Pre2 if the Pre3 does not come to Sprint?
    Is it hard to get a Pre2 to work on Sprint. I can probably get an unlocked european version of the Pre2 for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    All att has to do is lower their prices and they would kill sprint, even though its just 3g.
    AT&T needs to do more then lower their prices to even attempt to kill Sprint. They need to offer better plans and features, on top of lowering prices. They need to stop locking down their phones and let customers download whatever Java apps they want to. AT&T doesn't even let customers on their $39.99 plan have unlimited Night&Weekend calling. AT&T charges insane amounts for Smart-Device plans, with very low cap data limits. In my opinion, Sprint is the best wireless carrier in the USA, because of the plans, prices and plan features. AT&T is only good for Unlocked phones and even then they have problems, because most of the Unlocked phones can't access AT&T's 4G network. Some can only access the Edge network. So AT&T is no where near good enough to kill Sprint. But that is my opinion.