View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I asked the girl working the cell phone counter at my local Best Buy about any new HP phones recently and she told me that I could read about it on Engadget long before she would know anything. I appreciated the honesty.
    Hi,

I also appreciate her honesty, however it's sad that a company as big as Best Buy doesn't really seem to care about the customer...

Take care all,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I asked the girl working the cell phone counter at my local Best Buy about any new HP phones recently and she told me that I could read about it on Engadget long before she would know anything. I appreciated the honesty.
    yea that's coo, at least she was honest.
    This is what I was told last time I asked a Sprint rep if they were getting one of the new WebOS phones.

Isn't there any Sprint, HP or Palm employees on this site? Can't someone working for one of the companies just come out and tell us for sure? There is ways of posting content without letting anyone know for sure who is posting it. You would think some insider would have posted a Yes or No by now.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    This is what I was told last time I asked a Sprint rep if they were getting one of the new WebOS phones.

Isn't there any Sprint, HP or Palm employees on this site? Can't someone working for one of the companies just come out and tell us for sure? There is ways of posting content without letting anyone know for sure who is posting it. You would think some insider would have posted a Yes or No by now.
    Ok why would rep know what going on with the hp ...let's be real if a rep knows if sprint is getting or no geting the hp and leaked do you know how many people would leave sprint?? I believe SPRINT dragging us for the ride and every month we are putting money in there pockets..we will never get a direct answer...The End
    P.S. Where ever the hp is going I'm going...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek234 View Post
    Also from my time in retail I can tell you that retail employees are ALWAYS the 2nd to last people to hear about any new product launches (the last being the general public), and 99% of the time retail employees won't hear anything until a few days before the public. Unless you are a few days away from a product launch don't expect anyone in retail to know anything more than you do about it.
    in most companies the people making high level corporate decisions have a policy of keeping retail in the dark....the feeling is if you are leaking info from the corporate offices to retail then maybe you need to be working down there...

Companies with good corporate discipline make a special effort to keep a separation between the corporate and retail departments...
    It is crazy that there hasn't been any announcements yet, It really makes me wonder how far away the pre3 is away from launch. Either that or carriers are waiting to see what the TP does. I too am shocked that no-one has stepped up and revealed any solid info.
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyCulbertson View Post
    It is crazy that there hasn't been any announcements yet, It really makes me wonder how far away the pre3 is away from launch. Either that or carriers are waiting to see what the TP does. I too am shocked that no-one has stepped up and revealed any solid info.

You would think by now that some insider would have leaked some info on whether Sprint is going to get a new WebOS device or not. The silence makes me think that Sprint isn't going to get anymore WebOS devices. Normally sites like Phone Scoop have info on new phones, way before the phones even come out in stores, but they haven't listed any new info on Sprint getting a new WebOS device/s. I hope that I am wrong and that Sprint does get new WebOS devices. But I just worry that the lack of soild rumors and intel, means Sprint isn't getting any of the new WebOS devices that the other carriers are going to get.

My wife and I stopped into a BB so I could show her the Veer. I was disappointed that they just had a mock-up on display, but the sales-gal said "well, hang on a sec" and pulled one out of her pocket. She'd gotten training on webOS, and they gave away Veers to all the staff!

Her take was "Pre3's definitely going to Sprint.. they probably won't be the first carrier to sign up though." She said she got to play with a Touchpad as well, and wasn't surprised when I told her about the kiosk displays going up at some BBs "HP's ramping up for a full-court press".
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    The leaked shot of the Pre 3 on VZW sealed the deal for me. I'm unfortunately no longer hopeful for a Sprint launch. Maybe after the 3 to 6 month exclusive...

HP is just looking out for their bottom line and so is Sprint. Just don't know what I'm going to do when this USB crack claims my Pre. Would hate to get another used Pre off ebay for Sprint just to have the same thing happen again. Also the increase of 10 bucks/mo is also a downer.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    The leaked shot of the Pre 3 on VZW sealed the deal for me. I'm unfortunately no longer hopeful for a Sprint launch. Maybe after the 3 to 6 month exclusive...

HP is just looking out for their bottom line and so is Sprint. Just don't know what I'm going to do when this USB crack claims my Pre. Would hate to get another used Pre off ebay for Sprint just to have the same thing happen again. Also the increase of 10 bucks/mo is also a downer.
    Yeah it just seems hopeless. If Sprint was going to release another WebOS device, some web site would have discovered a picture or a spec-sheet; just something that would lead to the idea of Sprint carrying the phone. But there isn't anything. I still hope I am wrong, but as more time passes, my hope fades more and more. And it is messed up that Sprint charges another $10 per-month for their 4G network. I don't even have the coverage at home, but I would still have to pay for 4G. But what other choices do we have? The Pre and Pixi are getting more and more outdated by each passing day. So we can only upgrade to a whole new device like the 4G phones.

The one thing we will most likely never know is why Sprint didn't want to offer us a new WebOS device. There is a million reasons why, but which ones are real? It's just sad and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    You're basically wanting them to risk getting fired to satisfy a bunch of people on a message board. Hopefully the people at HP and Sprint that do know the details aren't that stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    You're basically wanting them to risk getting fired to satisfy a bunch of people on a message board. Hopefully the people at HP and Sprint that do know the details aren't that stupid.
    I don't want them to get fired, but someone by now would have spilled the beans. So since it hasn't happen, then I doubt Sprint is getting a WebOS device.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Leaked Sprint roadmap outs LG Optimus Slider and BlackBerry Torch 2, among others -- Engadget Mobile

Leaked Sprint "Road Map" does not have anything about any Palm phones
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    saw that just a sec ago...might be enough to push me out of the sprint nest
    I said as much in another thread but lets just face it, the Pre 3 is going to be on AT&T and VZW. Plan accordingly. I have no idea what I'm going to do, I'm a Sprint Gold premier member and I have an old work discount of 27%. No way I will be able to get the same price for my wife and I. I also just used my upgrade on an Evo. Wish I hadn't done that, now I'm stuck for a bit. Shoot I would take a Pre2 or a Veer if I could. I'm pretty disappointed at the moment.
    Engadget got a leaked Sprint Road Map:

Leaked Sprint roadmap outs LG Optimus Slider and BlackBerry Torch 2, among others -- Engadget Mobile

It seems the Pre 3 is not on the list.
    I would be curious if it is on any roadmap at this point, if negotiations are likely still ongoing with carriers. It's not a good thing but not convinced it's necessarily a bad thing either.
    The picture of the roadmap looks like it was taken specifically to highlight the HTC phones. Hopefully, there is an HP phone on the list that the picture taker didn't care about taking a photo of.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    [url= Sprint roadmap outs LG Optimus Slider and BlackBerry Torch 2, among others -- Engadget Mobile[/url]

Leaked Sprint "Road Map" does not have anything about any Palm phones
    it doesn't have the release date for the EVO 3D or EVO view either so you might want to take the roadmap with a healthy dose of salt.
    I know I figured it was still worth sharing through. Road Maps seem to change a lot, especially when it comes to cell phones/carriers.