View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    Just got this email after asking about the TP and Pre3!
    You should remove the email addresses and phone numbers from the email. You don't want that person being spammed and harassed.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    Just got this email after asking about the TP and Pre3!
    Edit: nevermind
    Latest webos roundup rumor has it coming out in July or August to both Sprint and Verizon. Verizon is going to get the world phone version and Sprint is getting a 4G version. Hey it's just a rumor.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Definitive Proof that the Pre3 is coming to Sprint......

The HP/Palm Facebook page "Likes" the Sprint Page.

enough said.

HP/Palm: Palm | Facebook
    Sprint: Sprint | Facebook
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Definitive Proof that the Pre3 is coming to Sprint......

The HP/Palm Facebook page "Likes" the Sprint Page.

enough said.

HP/Palm: Palm | Facebook
    Sprint: Sprint | Facebook
    Um, shouldn't it be the other way around??
    That's Palm's original FB page, and they have probably liked Sprint since the original Pre.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    That's Palm's original FB page, and they have probably liked Sprint since the original Pre.
    Shhh.. go put your logic away!
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I just don't understand why they won't tell us WHO is getting the Pre3 not even a WHEN, but a WHO would make things so much easier on many of us.

I'm sure there are many early adopters on Sprint that just want to know if we're wasting our time waiting or not.
    If they are negotiating with Sprint re ANY products, they likley don't want to announce that they won't have the Pre 3 on Sprint, because then Sprint may lose customers who are currently "wasting their time" hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    I just don't understand why they won't tell us WHO is getting the Pre3 not even a WHEN, but a WHO would make things so much easier on many of us.

I'm sure there are many early adopters on Sprint that just want to know if we're wasting our time waiting or not.
    Hi,

I agree...it's high time they say so! Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

You have to understand the mindset of phone carriers - they have their target sites squarely on getting (and renewing) contracts right now. Any talk of a hot new gadget that is "coming soon" causes people to delay signing (or resigning) contracts. They don't want that. Period.

We are not HP's "customers" for phones. The carriers are the customers, so HP has to cater to their wishes for the most part. The only way this attitude is going to change is when we, the carriers' customers, insist it change.

Meaning - not soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    We are not HP's "customers" for phones. The carriers are the customers, so HP has to cater to their wishes for the most part. The only way this attitude is going to change is when we, the carriers' customers, insist it change.

Meaning - not soon.
    The only way that is going to change is if carriers stopped subsidizing phones and we paid full price like they do in much of the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Latest webos roundup rumor has it coming out in July or August to both Sprint and Verizon. Verizon is going to get the world phone version and Sprint is getting a 4G version. Hey it's just a rumor.
    Try September or October because it would be highly unlikely without a FCC doc for the Sprint radio. Veer had a 3 month delay between FCC doc to release.

You answered your own questions... HP doesn't want customers to go buy an Android device w/ 2 year contract on Sprint before they can get the phones out there. The longer HP gives you sitting with old hardware knowing Sprint won't get it, the more likely you are to defect to a competitor.

If HP can get you to hold out until there is a 2 week launch window on say VZW or ATT, there is a better chance you might at least check out the new phone before signing a new contract.

Basically HP gets nothing by telling you you have no WebOS option now, the people that aren't leaving Sprint, aren't leaving Sprint.... but there are those of us that may consider it, HP does not want to give customers a reason to sign a 2 year contract with Sprint on another OS (especially if they may have another phone yet to be released coming to Sprint that is in negotiations). There are many potential factors here, HP is doing what is best for their business now.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Try September or October because it would be highly unlikely without a FCC doc for the Sprint radio. Veer had a 3 month delay between FCC doc to release.
    naw unless it needed another verification like it being 4G then maybe(since we have a GSM, and a World version already passing FCC) a new FCC clasification doc needed. Even then though we already seen phones launched within 3 weeks after the FCC doc, so that has nothing to do with a release date.
    again Im pretty confident sprint with others will get these HP products. People listen to people who have no knowledge of whats goin on, and say from day 1 that Palm and Sprint are done with each other. As I argued in the past months ago, show me a document stated so. The CFO stated the pre launch wasent what they hoped and people pitted that as saying sprint is done with palm. They say the pre 2 didnt come to sprint, and only verizon. As for me unless stated otherwise by sprint or hp directly that are not dealing with each other expect to see these new devices from HP, and future ones on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I got this email from dan@sprint.com:
    Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. We appreciate your feed back
    in reference to Sprint carrying the Palm Pre 3. I would appreciate an
    opportunity to discuss your interest in the Palm Pre 3 with you;
    however, your e-mail did not include your Sprint phone number. Please
    provide me with your sprint phone number or an alternate contact number
    and let me know if there is a specific time that is best for you.

At your convenience, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I will be
    available Tuesday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Wends day and Thursday 9:00 am to
    4:30 pm and Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm or you can reply to this email.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
    of assistance.

I then talked to someone at the office and she couldn't confirm that Sprint will get any Webos phones but did say she has gotten a ton of messages (so much that I think the office talks about it) and there policy is to now forward these on to marketing so that they are aware of the strong desire.

Not great news but I felt better afterwards. My personal opinion is that they will get a webos phone but tha'ts just me after taking with her.
    It would be very unfortunate and a dis-service for the loyal webOS crowd at sprint if the Pre3 is not released on Sprint. Today when I took my EVO in for a repair at best buy I asked the rep if they knew anything about the Pre3. The rep said "The Pre3 is most likely going on verizon and at&t. I highly doubt that it will be on sprint because sprint does not have as much money as verizon and at&t to take a risk in carrying a device that will not sell as well. So they're putting all of their eggs in android."

Then the next store I went to was a sprint corporate store. I asked the rep the same question. He said, "webOS is kind of a joke nowadays. It is not popular nor will it generate money as Android. the EVO 3D is what is going to change the game again."

Very disappointing responses i say. The best buy rep seem more like a realist, and the sprint rep seemed like an android ******. Both claimed to be managers but they could have easily taken the "manager" badge and put it on their shirts. I will take this with tons of salt but also cross my fingers for webOS to come back to sprint.

I really miss having and using webOS. Because of poor hardware and multiple broken pres, I had to upgrade and the EVO was the best option. The EVO is a great phone, but it is not webOS. If I were to compare the EVO and the palm pre, I would say that the palm pre had better software and the EVO has better hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek234 View Post
    I'm not at ALL trying to be insulting here to people who work retail.... I spent 4 years working retail while I was in college, and two of those years were in retail "management".... but there is a reason these guys ask "Can I help you find something?" for a career. Many retail employees don't even have a high school diploma, and the rest will generally be lucky to have that. Not the mention a large number of them are teens and early 20 somethings who have extremely limited career experience. Also be aware that "management" in retail is completely different than management in just about any other sector other than food service. The qualifications for retail "management" often don't even include so much as having an Associates degree, and often only require that the person in question has spent X number of years as an underling.

Frankly I would not even give the guy at Best Buy the time of day. There is a reason he is stocking shelves for a living and not in a corporate office deciding which phones a telecom will carry. The fact that he is a retail manager makes his opinion even more suspect as entering retail management means he has likely decided to relegate many years of his life to commanding a cash register. In other words his understanding of complex business decisions is likely limited at best.

Also from my time in retail I can tell you that retail employees are ALWAYS the 2nd to last people to hear about any new product launches (the last being the general public), and 99% of the time retail employees won't hear anything until a few days before the public. Unless you are a few days away from a product launch don't expect anyone in retail to know anything more than you do about it.
    For sure, I rarely do trust what reps say. It's just sad that when you speak to someone about webOS you automatically get a negative response. For the most part, these reps do not even know what they are talking about or have little to no experience with devices or even devices that they sell. I guess we'll just keep counting the days until "summer."
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I asked the girl working the cell phone counter at my local Best Buy about any new HP phones recently and she told me that I could read about it on Engadget long before she would know anything. I appreciated the honesty.