View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

    103 24.29%
  • NO

    83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

    63 14.86%
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 856
Like Tree36Likes
  1. #521  
    interesting. i will be following this thread to see where it ends up.
  2. #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    interesting. i will be following this thread to see where it ends up.
    I say close it, or merge it with the other Sprint Pre 3 rumors & speculation thread. Without any pics to backup what the OP is saying, that's all it is; just rumor & speculation.
  3. #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I say close it, or merge it with the other Sprint Pre 3 rumors & speculation thread. Without any pics to backup what the OP is saying, that's all it is; just rumor & speculation.
    sure, but at the same time, while this is just another rumor and the OP sounds somewhat confused of webOS and pre's in his wording, you cant help but deny that this is one hell of a far fetched story and a strange one at that. Makes me curious as to how he would come up with it unless he is telling the truth.

    Unless of course the person he is talking to doesnt know what a pre 3 looks like then this could cause issues. lol.

    I say merge it anyway. i dont know. it wont make the pre3 get to sprint any quicker. just made me excited.
  4. #524  
    I for one think rumors could be and have been valid.There has been many rumors about alot of things on here and some have been true.Now the harder to believe rumors have been the ones that people want pics for.But if it was that easy to get evidence then companies would never be able to keep their products and secret or test them.I won't say if I believe this or not.All I can say is that if it happens,it happens.
  5. #525  
    We've read only unofficial rumors, but no pictures. So I would say none of these rumors are valid unless we see pictures.
  6. #526  
    This doesn't make sense. Why would they give him a Sprint Pre3 of all things? From the sounds of it HP is still in negotiations with Sprint anyway. I doubt Sprint's test team has had the phone for too long, and we're supposed to believe some guy that works with Mercedes got one to test with vehicles? Add the tiny chance the guy would have a Pre+ on Sprint and you have a troll thread.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
  7. #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I for one think rumors could be and have been valid.There has been many rumors about alot of things on here and some have been true.Now the harder to believe rumors have been the ones that people want pics for.But if it was that easy to get evidence then companies would never be able to keep their products and secret or test them.I won't say if I believe this or not.All I can say is that if it happens,it happens.
    In this case pics might not be possible, but the OP could certainly get a couple of answers to confirm why his friend believes he had a Pre3, which looks almost exactly like a Pre2, etc.

    And having Sprint show up in the network name on the top bar is easy to do with a patch no matter what carrier it is really running on. The OnStar network runs on VZW, in fact. All he has to do is answer the questions about how he knew what model it was, and how he knew for sure that it was running on Sprint.

    BTW, even if it was a Pre3 running on Sprint, that doesn't mean that HP and Sprint have a contract in place to sell that device on Sprint. In the world of testing, I'm sure every phone maker on the planet builds a few samples for every carrier on the planet and then begs them to give them a try. And I'm sure they often try them, so they would show up in systems and server logs from the activity. But that doesn't a signed contract make...

    So, I say "answers or it didn't happen."
  8. #528  
    I had a Pre+ on Sprint. Now I have a Pre 2 on Sprint. That statement can be true.
  9. #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    +1. I was thinking the same thing... Pre+ on sprint could be done by swapping the comm boards, so I could believe this one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Nope

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    what do you mean, Nope?

    This has been done, publicized, and capitalized upon

    http://www.precentral.net/step-by-st...our-sprint-pre
    Device Services FAQ’s | WebOS World
  10. #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    sure, but at the same time, while this is just another rumor and the OP sounds somewhat confused of webOS and pre's in his wording, you cant help but deny that this is one hell of a far fetched story and a strange one at that. Makes me curious as to how he would come up with it unless he is telling the truth.

    Unless of course the person he is talking to doesnt know what a pre 3 looks like then this could cause issues. lol.

    I say merge it anyway. i dont know. it wont make the pre3 get to sprint any quicker. just made me excited.
    First.. Special markings.. Second, that's a lot of work to go through to pull the wool over someone's eyes .. Third who said he knows about preware or woqi?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11. #531  
    it COULD happen....its not outside the realm of possibility i mean were talking HP and Mercedes here...
  12. #532  
    I think HP and Mercedes working together is great marketing. Free Pre 3 that is integrated with certain models. Maybe some sort of dock built into the cars.
  13. #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    In this case pics might not be possible, but the OP could certainly get a couple of answers to confirm why his friend believes he had a Pre3, which looks almost exactly like a Pre2, etc.

    And having Sprint show up in the network name on the top bar is easy to do with a patch no matter what carrier it is really running on. The OnStar network runs on VZW, in fact. All he has to do is answer the questions about how he knew what model it was, and how he knew for sure that it was running on Sprint.

    BTW, even if it was a Pre3 running on Sprint, that doesn't mean that HP and Sprint have a contract in place to sell that device on Sprint. In the world of testing, I'm sure every phone maker on the planet builds a few samples for every carrier on the planet and then begs them to give them a try. And I'm sure they often try them, so they would show up in systems and server logs from the activity. But that doesn't a signed contract make...

    So, I say "answers or it didn't happen."
    i feel like the answers are already available. He knows it was a Pre3 because its a webOS device larger than those currently available. He has a hunch its on Sprint, because the carrier string said Sprint. This "could" be the result of a patch, but if the tester was truly given a pre-production device, it wouldn't have patches on it.

    i'd like visual evidence as much as the next guy, but the story is, at the very least, plausible.
  14. #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    We've read only unofficial rumors, ...
    What would be an official rumor?
  15. #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    What would be an official rumor?
    a rumor started by a company official. something like:

    we might "make it right" in the coming months
  16. #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    What would be an official rumor?
    This:

    I see pandas.
  17. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i feel like the answers are already available. He knows it was a Pre3 because its a webOS device larger than those currently available. He has a hunch its on Sprint, because the carrier string said Sprint. This "could" be the result of a patch, but if the tester was truly given a pre-production device, it wouldn't have patches on it.

    i'd like visual evidence as much as the next guy, but the story is, at the very least, plausible.
    +1
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  18. #538  
    <<Threads merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    First.. Special markings.. Second, that's a lot of work to go through to pull the wool over someone's eyes .. Third who said he knows about preware or woqi?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    if he did a pre to pre + conversion he would have to be somewhat intelligent of wosqi ect?

    and i dont know what your saying for the first two. are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
  20. #540  
    Just got this email after asking about the TP and Pre3!


    Hi Neit,

    We have not announced the release date for the Touchpad, but I can tell you it will be available for pre order a week before that date. I will let you know the second we have the price and pre order date. As for the Pre 3 that is looking to be released about a month after the Touchpad and will most likely be available for the 3 major carriers, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. I’m not sure why they staggered the release of the 3 new Palm products but it was done most likely to build hype for each.

    Best Regards,

    Gabe

    Gabriel xxxxxx
    Small & Medium Business Sales
    HP Business
    Hewlett-Packard Company 1-800-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxxx
    Fax # xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxx@hp.com
    HP® - Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more
    Last edited by neit_jnf; 06/02/2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: removed private info
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions