View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelacoma View Post
    I have the lowest offered minutes plan with unlimited data and text. No hotspot (obviously, since I have a pre plus). My bill after taxes and fees is around $107
    there aren't unlimited data anymore, its every 2G for $25 now.

my bill will looks like this:
    450 min +rollover, $40
    200 txt $5
    200MB data, $25

total:$70

I have a galaxy tab (T-mobile) with build in MHS and unlimited data.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    . i heard sprint will possibly be getting the next webos device, it could also be a keyboardless slab type device.
    The problem is people here have been running off rumors forever now. It's always a "maybe" here or a "possibly" there when it comes to WebOS and Sprint. HP needs to quit ****ing around with Sprint users and give us a firm yes or no.

I'm pretty tired of hoping rumors of new WebOS phones on Sprint come true. If the Pre3 doesn't hit Sprint, I'm done with HP and WebOS forever. That bridge is nearly burned down at this point. The Pre3 is their last chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    The problem is people here have been running off rumors forever now. It's always a "maybe" here or a "possibly" there when it comes to WebOS and Sprint. HP needs to quit ****ing around with Sprint users and give us a firm yes or no.

I'm pretty tired of hoping rumors of new WebOS phones on Sprint come true. If the Pre3 doesn't hit Sprint, I'm done with HP and WebOS forever. That bridge is nearly burned down at this point. The Pre3 is their last chance.
    Hi all,

I agree Sprint needs to Cr*p or get off the pot! It's as simple as that....Frankly I think the way they are treating their loyal customer base certainly doesn't inspire non Sprint users.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelacoma View Post
    I have the lowest offered minutes plan with unlimited data and text. No hotspot (obviously, since I have a pre plus). My bill after taxes and fees is around $107
    Mdelacoma,

Many thanks!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Had a chance to visit with a couple of HP managers (not in mobile unit at all FYI) so take this for the little it is worth. I really pushed this time digging for all I could get, trying to figure out what they knew, as much as I could without damaging the relationship. So, I found out a little more today putting the pieces together, from an HP America’s manager in Houston. HP devices will be on all three major networks (AT&T, VZ, & Sprint) by end of summer (Sept). There is more than just the Veer and Pre3 coming in terms of phones this summer. I got the impression VZ might be first, to launch one phone (pre3?), then other carriers would follow shortly with that phone. Sprint would get to launch a phone llate summer(something new? a Pre4) then other carriers later, take that for what it is worth. By fall if you are on either VZ, sprint on AT&T network you will have many options to have a WebOS phone, that will work with a Touch Pad. By Christmas you will have laptops with WEBOS on it also! Note they are sold that the phones will be working somehow with Touchpads and laptops. The HP Cloud, to quote them.

An interesting take on sprint deal my carrier, HP relationship is good from what they know; problem might not be Sprint with but HP, but HP waiting to see what Sprint finalizes the 4G roadmap -with which direction they go with 4G. Sprint may soon make switch this summer to LTE+ (?) from WIMAX, and only phones committed to wimax now will be released. I have no idea where they got this info, but it could affect what future radios they put in Touchpad’s, i.e. no WIMAX touch Pads only LTE.

I was given the impression from them that HP thinks Sprint will very soon switches to LTE= and Wimax will fade away in the next 12-18 months, therfore no need to make any WiMAX compatible equipment, focus only on LTE 4g. I have no Idea why they where under this impression, but maybe HP corporate Services knows somthing about Sprints future 4G plans..take that all with a grain of salt, lol. have a great weekend. I might wait for a PRE4 later this summer, lol.
    Yeah what he said. Regarding Wimax seeing as how Clearwire )which is the wholesale distributor of Wimax and is also bankrolled by Sprint) has announced it's plans to move to LTE from Wimax, I think it's safe to say that Sprint is as well. With their new Towers buildup that can carry multiple signals anyhow, the switch is a logical step. Still it takes time and although both Clear and Sprint have run testing, it's not just flipping a switch. they will also have to retool their 4g marketing plans and bow out of Wimax and that brand while leaving it intact for current subscribers who will no doubt feel like we Pre- owners all felt with the VZ and ATT Pre +.

At this point the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint though I've no clue on what 4g radio will be included.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    sprint is not going to switch over to LTE anytime soon as it would render most of their current 4g phones useless. so i think what you heard was incorrect. i heard sprint will possibly be getting the next webos device, it could also be a keyboardless slab type device.
    Consider this. Clearwire is the owner and wholesale distributor of Wimax and it has officially announced it's move to LTE. Sprint(to put it simply) owns Clearwire by way of financial backing, stock ownership, and by being Clearwire's largest customer. If Clearwire is moving to LTE by 2012 with plans to run both types as they phase into full LTE, then Sprint is moving to LTE. Even though they are all still researching Wimax with new frequencies testing wimax at huge speed gains at higher frequencies not yet allowed, Sprint has those new towers going up that give them options.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    A know the larger monthly bill will stop a lot of people; but there are a lot of people who are more loyal to webOS than their carrier. Some of those include the people who switched to Sprint just to get the Palm Pre when it first came out.

I know all Pre - users aren't jumping ship, but I'm sure a considerable amount will.
    It's kinda sad that we seem to be talking about a very small and fiscally insignificant amount of users. In other words, Sprint can afford to lose webOS faithful (at least that's what I understand from reading saturation reports for various devices & carriers).

I find myself on the fence - if September rolls around and there are no webOS devices on Sprint, I'm very tempted to move. On the other hand, I've been with Sprint over ten years, and their pricing and customer service are the best.

My current plan is to hold on to my Pre- as long as there is stock to replace defects in whatever my current phone has (currently watching a USB crack inch toward the screen).

Has anyone run the numbers on webOS users on Sprint? I'd be very interested to learn if we have statistically significant representation. Certainly the folks that have been calling in, online chatting, or corresponding with dan@sprint.com report that CS people at Sprint get several questions a day about their future support of webOS..
    Haven't seen any numbers.
    I am attracted by the title of this forum as if in the same universe Sprint could be both getting and not getting the Pre3.
    Its like that Star Trek episode with ships from different time realities converging in the same universe
    or
    both a wave and a particle.

I suppose anything can happen except the world ending on May 21st as that one was debunked.
    ps SyFi having a Star Trek movie marathon right now
    My friend's son works for Mercedes and regularly gets cell phones to test with the Mercedes vehicles he gets and they gave him a Pre 3 that was on the Sprint network. I know this does not mean it definitely will be released on Sprint but it certainly is a good indicator.
    Pictures please.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Lies. I worked for mercedes and all I got was a lousy Mercedes. No pre 3 no other phones.
    What? Mercedes are not lousy lol

Anyways, as much as I want to believe this--because, honestly, it has been very doom and gloom for us Sprint folks lately--I'll take this with a grain of salt. Can you provide any proof of some sort? You're either telling the truth or you're a large scale troll, so I'd rather just wait and see.
    My friend had it in his hands and it said Sprint, his son also had an Epic to play with. Believe what you will.
    just take a picture of the phone, post it, and you will be a hero!!!!!!!!!!!
    where exactly did it say sprint? Please don't be vague by saying on the phone. You're response will dictate your credebility.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Come on you gotta get a picture!
    Ahh another Pre 3 on Sprint.

I really want to believe you, but come on. With out any pictures, this thread will get merged with the tons of other Sprint Pre 3 speculation threads. If you post a pic, you will get a million thanks & become an instant hero for us all.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    My son's friend says that Nintendo and Palm are going to release a phone together!
    My friend's son's friend's dad's friend's wife is a tech support agent for Sprint, she said they just got training material for Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    My friend's son's friend's dad's friend's wife is a tech support agent for Sprint, she said they just got training material for Pre3.