View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

    103 24.29%
  • NO

    83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

    63 14.86%
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 856
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Xadion's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    #421  
    I did and e-mail and a chat session

    here is the main yes from sprint today and my question

    They seem to have turned the tide and are consistant with a "yes"

    -----------------------

    Question: "Will Sprint carry the HP Pre3 and will it release at the same time as other carriers- or whenever HP announces release dates?"

    Answer: Agent (Noelle T.): "Yes, Sprint will carry the HP Pre3 and it will be released HP announces release dates."

    There is todays addition to the rumor mill :-)

    I am feeling happyer now lol
  2. #422  
    Hi,

    At this point, I'm sticking with what I said awhile ago, we need to consult a Phrenologist, (they study the bumps on your head....)....LOL!

    Only kidding!

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  3. Xadion's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    #423  
    lol true, would most likely read into the same conclusion!
  4. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    lol true, would most likely read into the same conclusion!
    Hi,
    How true! LOL

    take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. #425  
    I just got off the phone with a representative of "Dan at Sprint". At this time they have no plans to carry the Pre3, but are interested in why so many customers are requesting it, and want to give information to their marketing department. My guess is, they want to know what features they need to carry on an Android phone to retain those customers.

    The rep ended by hinting that they haven't completely and finally decided not to carry it, but I am discouraged, and I will have to evaluate my options. I must say that Sprint has far better customer service than Verizon. I was overall impressed with their responsiveness, as I have been when I had billing issues in the past. I may submit to the borg and buy something Android, sticking with Sprint.

    I don't suppose there's any hope of an unlocked device that will work with Sprint? Probably only AT&T. Sigh. I'd be willing to pay the contract-free price, especially if it bought me a phone I could use when I travel to other countries.
  6. #426  
    I just received a letter from Sprint about "important information regarding your Total Equipment Protection." The new Asurion Care Plan becomes effective July 24, 2011. The monthly charge increases from $7 to $8 per month per device. Here's the kicker -- Only Android and Blackberry devices are covered. Now I have to contact Sprint about deleting the $7 from my monthly bill? I just tried to access my account online, but sprint.com is temporarily down. The good news is my Pre(-) is still working like new. Not looking good fellas.
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 05/26/2011 at 12:34 AM.
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    Here's the kicker -- Only Android and Blackberry devices are covered.
    You must have mis-read something.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  8. #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    I just received a letter from Sprint about "important information regarding your Total Equipment Protection." The new Asurion Care Plan becomes effective July 24, 2011. The monthly charge increases from $7 to $8 per month per device. Here's the kicker -- Only Android and Blackberry devices are covered. Now I have to contact Sprint about deleting the $7 from my monthly bill? I just tried to access my account online, but sprint.com is temporarily down. The good news is my Pre(-) is still working like new. Not looking good fellas.
    I'm thinking the BB and Android bit was for their recovery app that they have. At least that's how I read the notification. TEP coverage will continue for your phone, they're just raising it by a buck.
  9. #429  
    hobbes9, thanks for the interpretation. I'm not going to worry about a dollar. BTW, I just got a news gram from HP this morning about a Memorial Day sale starting today. Under 'smartphones' HP shows all the Pre versions except the Pre3. They're selling the Sprint Pre for $349.99 - in stock and immediate free shipping. The Sprint Pixi costs $299.99. Except for a recently-acquired pavilion dm1z mini-notebook, I'm not a big HP customer, but I'm very impressed with their e-sales -- no loose ends, everything confirmed, questions answered, helpful followups, etc. Just hoping that they apply those qualities to the Sprint/Pre3 situation.
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 05/26/2011 at 12:09 PM.
  10. jkeitz's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I just got off the phone with a representative of "Dan at Sprint". At this time they have no plans to carry the Pre3, but are interested in why so many customers are requesting it, and want to give information to their marketing department. My guess is, they want to know what features they need to carry on an Android phone to retain those customers.
    Well, that's a simple one! If you want me to get an Android phone, the one and only feature I want is for it to have WEBOS AS THE OPERATING SYSTEM!!!

    Oh, and a Touchstone charging back too. please...
  11. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #431  
    Everytime I try to chat it never works!!
  12. #432  
    I don't think Sprint will. All the "Yes" are just hopeful thinkers.
  13. #433  
    I take it as an optimistic sign that customer service reps are confirming in chat that Sprint is going to carry the Pre3. It seems to me that if they were not, it would be a huge customer-relations blunder for Sprint to allow their reps to say that, especially in such a way as can be copied, recorded and posted.
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

    At this point, I'm sticking with what I said awhile ago, we need to consult a Phrenologist, (they study the bumps on your head....)....LOL!

    Only kidding!

    Take care,

    Jay
    I love Men at Work!
  15. #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I love Men at Work!
    Hi,

    Sorry I'm not a fan, so I don't get the reference.

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  16. #436  
    Add me to the list of people who heard from Sprint that the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint. I went into a Sprint store this afternoon in San Francisco because I had a problem with my Pre being stuck in headset mode and I asked if she knew if Sprint was getting the Pre 3. She said that she knows for sure that it is in the works but does not have an official date of when it will be available.
  17. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkSFCA View Post
    Add me to the list of people who heard from Sprint that the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint. I went into a Sprint store this afternoon in San Francisco because I had a problem with my Pre being stuck in headset mode and I asked if she knew if Sprint was getting the Pre 3. She said that she knows for sure that it is in the works but does not have an official date of when it will be available.
    Hi,

    I'm starting to get whiplash from the back and forth of Sprint.....

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  18. BQ91's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #438  
    Had a chance to visit with a couple of HP managers (not in mobile unit at all FYI) so take this for the little it is worth. I really pushed this time digging for all I could get, trying to figure out what they knew, as much as I could without damaging the relationship. So, I found out a little more today putting the pieces together, from an HP America’s manager in Houston. HP devices will be on all three major networks (AT&T, VZ, & Sprint) by end of summer (Sept). There is more than just the Veer and Pre3 coming in terms of phones this summer. I got the impression VZ might be first, to launch one phone (pre3?), then other carriers would follow shortly with that phone. Sprint would get to launch a phone llate summer(something new? a Pre4) then other carriers later, take that for what it is worth. By fall if you are on either VZ, sprint on AT&T network you will have many options to have a WebOS phone, that will work with a Touch Pad. By Christmas you will have laptops with WEBOS on it also! Note they are sold that the phones will be working somehow with Touchpads and laptops. The HP Cloud, to quote them.

    An interesting take on sprint deal my carrier, HP relationship is good from what they know; problem might not be Sprint with but HP, but HP waiting to see what Sprint finalizes the 4G roadmap -with which direction they go with 4G. Sprint may soon make switch this summer to LTE+ (?) from WIMAX, and only phones committed to wimax now will be released. I have no idea where they got this info, but it could affect what future radios they put in Touchpad’s, i.e. no WIMAX touch Pads only LTE.

    I was given the impression from them that HP thinks Sprint will very soon switches to LTE= and Wimax will fade away in the next 12-18 months, therfore no need to make any WiMAX compatible equipment, focus only on LTE 4g. I have no Idea why they where under this impression, but maybe HP corporate Services knows somthing about Sprints future 4G plans..take that all with a grain of salt, lol. have a great weekend. I might wait for a PRE4 later this summer, lol.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry I'm not a fan, so I don't get the reference.

    Take care,

    Jay


    Only movie I have every seen with a phrenology refference.



    2:03 for Charlie in action


    "I'm a phrenologist" "Oh what do you do as a phrenologist?" "I feel, and determine the size of Walt's a** hole." "OH! I mean skull features!"

    Might have been the birth of the golf clap as well but I can not say that for sure. Late 80's early 90's at their best.
  20. Xadion's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    #440  
    Its been said alot that WiMax will be replaced with LTE - but i also heard somewhere that the wimax radio can be software modified to talk to LTE? and if they switch there will be a software rollout- i would hope this is truth as I know alot of Evo owners will be piiisseed

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions