View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boregardo View Post
    Seems odd for Sprint's VP of Product Development to go out of his way to mention their relationship with Palm/HP in this interview if they have decided to sever ties with them completely.

BGR Interview: Sprint's VP of Product Development, Fared Adib
    And of course Russ's blog post after the Feb 9 event:

"HP Unveils new WebOS Devices

This week, HP finally introduced some interesting new products based on the WebOS platform that came from the Palm acquisition. The company is certainly being aggressive, taking the platform in a number of different, and even surprising, directions.

I want to thank all of you who have e-mailed me encouraging Sprint to commit to the WebOS platform and asking whether we were going to have any of these new devices on our network. (Thanks Tom. )

As I’ve said here many times, any Sprint employee sharing information on unreleased devices is subject to termination, and I enjoy working at Sprint, so even if I knew details of Sprint’s plans for upcoming devices, I wouldn’t share those plans.

However, I can say that Sprint values the long relationship it has had with Palm (now HP) and you can be sure that we will continue to discuss with HP/Palm the types of devices we’d like to see on our network and to evaluate the new devices HP brings to the table.

I also can say that we certainly expect to see the new WiFi-enabled WebOS devices on our network thanks to the great MiFi and Overdrive products that we already have in our portfolio, as well as the Hotspot feature available in an increasing number of our handsets. For those that love WebOS, I encourage you to consider HP’s new products paired with the great 4G experience that Sprint can deliver today through these hotspot capabilities."
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm naive but I haven't heard anything from anyone yet that has convinced me that Sprint is or isn't getting the Pre3.
    The subject of this thread is misleading and needs to be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by axoneill View Post
    I agree. Unless I see pics of some leaked, confidential documents from Sprint or HP in regards the availability of the Pre 3, I will take all these stories with multiple grains of salt. As a matter of fact, I'll be shaking my salt shaker until an official announcement is made.

The fact is, Sprint getting the Pre 3 or Sprint abandoning webOS are both plausible scenarios. Anyone can make a statement about it, and it will be believable; therefore we should just wait for the official announcements, unless some leaked photos/documents say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyAndJustice4All View Post
    I accidentally used exclamation marks instead of question marks, which I just edited. I agree with your statement. Sorry for the mistake.
    I agree, sorry about the mistake. I tried to fix it, but it seems this forum doesn't allow the change for some reason. Notice the ? marks in post #1, but the thread title won't change...??? Maybe a mod can fix it??? Seems like an error in the forum coding or something.
    New to the Internet, are we?

A web-forum is a place where folks chat. They discuss their experience with the topic at hand, and that includes rumors, speculation and occasionally diatribes. Moderators have the tough job of deciding what goes over the line.

PreCentral's mods have done a great job at tamping down personal attacks and non-sequitors. The OP heard a rumor, sourced it, and as a regular here I know from experience that store reps don't have inside information, but are occasionally right.

Mods may even nuke this post, but as a webOS fan, I'll keep coming back to hear about any drizzle of info.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    New to the Internet, are we?

A web-forum is a place where folks chat. They discuss their experience with the topic at hand, and that includes rumors, speculation and occasionally diatribes. Moderators have the tough job of deciding what goes over the line.

PreCentral's mods have done a great job at tamping down personal attacks and non-sequitors. The OP heard a rumor, sourced it, and as a regular here I know from experience that store reps don't have inside information, but are occasionally right.

Mods may even nuke this post, but as a webOS fan, I'll keep coming back to hear about any drizzle of info.
    Putting a [RUMOR] tag on the thread doesn't take anything away and would be more accurate. I assume once the mods have the time, something like this or a consolidation will be done as they have done on other threads like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Putting a [RUMOR] tag on the thread doesn't take anything away and would be more accurate. I assume once the mods have the time, something like this or a consolidation will be done as they have done on other threads like this.
    Thanks for the suggestion - I did my best to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyAndJustice4All View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion - I did my best to fix it.
    Yeah, you can only change the post but not the thread subject. Not sure why that is so???
    Maybe negative postings will force Sprint to fess up and give us a definite answer, that is if the threat poses a serious risks of losing a broad audience. Then again just how much of the Sprint users pie does the webos faithful make up? Maybee a bigger theater would help also, facebook, twitter, etc.
  11.    #391  
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Maybe negative postings will force Sprint to fess up and give us a definite answer, that is if the threat poses a serious risks of losing a broad audience. Then again just how much of the Sprint users pie does the webos faithful make up? Maybee a bigger theater would help also, facebook, twitter, etc.

Assuming they have an answer to give right now. If you are a Sprint customer and care about having the Pre 3 and other WebOS devices on the Sprint network, the best thing you can do is email dan@sprint.com and let them know. Leave your Sprint number and let them know how you feel about this.

A Sprint rep will usually call you in 24-48hours to follow up. It seems these emails are taken very seriously and are pushed up the company tree for the higher ups to know how their users are feeling.

I have never received any unsolicited emails or calls from doing this so you have nothing to loose.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Assuming they have an answer to give right now. If you are a Sprint customer and care about having the Pre 3 and other WebOS devices on the Sprint network, the best thing you can do is email dan@sprint.com and let them know. Leave your Sprint number and let them know how you feel about this.

A Sprint rep will usually call you in 24-48hours to follow up. It seems these emails are taken very seriously and are pushed up the company tree for the higher ups to know how their users are feeling.

I have never received any unsolicited emails or calls from doing this so you have nothing to loose.
    I've just sent my third email in the last year or so to "Dan" on this subject. We'll see if I get anything different this time. This is the second time I have remarked that I may have to consider my relationship with Sprint if they do not carry a webOS device.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Whoa, that merge just gave me whiplash!
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Hm. The BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 has no front facing camera.

Neither does the LG Lotus, or the Blackberry Curve, etc. Most of the phones Sprint sells.

I don't think any of them have 480x800 resolution, and don't even have browsers that can render most html5.

So they should obviously pull them off the store shelves since they don't meet your definition of top-notch.

</snark> well, HPalm lost you, I guess. cya
    which part of RIM losing in this market doesn't register with you? Its Q1 market just dropped 30+% compare to Q1 of 10. Picking that as an example for HPalm to follow?

and Im looking forward for Pre3.
    So i made a customer service call to sprint today because my pre minus has been shutting off every time i make a call. After speaking with the representative for a few minutes and going through my options i told her that i didnt want to upgrade because i was holding out for the pre3 even though i told her I was doubtful it was coming to sprint. She spoke with a supervisor who then told her that sprint was definitely going to be carrying the pre3 with a release date not yet set however, she said it would be after my upgrade date which is august first.

A little peculiar on a side note after this conversation she said she would credit me 130 dollars if i agreed to extend my contract for another 2 years with sprint and i would still retain my upgrade money and all that... Now i need to stick with sprint for family reasons but it seemed a bit odd. Anyway just thought I would share discuss amongst yourselves.
    More like saying the words the customer wants to hear, since you specified the Pre 3.

Agents anywhere will say anything for you to say you accept signing your life away.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Sprint billing told me over the phone just 3 days ago that no Pre3 was in the system. Sprint "chat" told me yes with no release date but when I queried on the "yes", they told me the "yes" was for Android phones, not webOS. I wonder if customer service has been told to be deliberately vague on the "yes" "with no definite release date" whereas billing has received no coaching and therefore the guy told me the truth.

See my thread below:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2968166
    The only news in this post is how a Sprint rep suckered you into staying with Sprint for another 2 years
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Anything a Sprint rep tells you is a lie. They know NOTHING. They have no dates.