View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Strong first post.

(Hope it's true, though)
    Prē
    I think HP has been dropping hints that, unlike Palm, they will be getting these phones into as many carriers as possible. So with that, I doubt they'll go with any exclusivity deal and launch simultaneously with AT&T, VZW, Sprint (maybe even TMO?).
    It would be pretty awesome if sprint makes them market it as "HP Palm Pre3" It would not surprise me. Palm has brand name recognition and sprint knows some people will buy it based on the Palm name, but not HP's
    The email doesn't say specifically that Sprint will have the Pre 3. Looks more like a generic response just saying that it's release date is unknown.

If the reps answering these emails knew that the Pre 3 was coming to Sprint, surely it would have already leaked. That'd look bad, which is why Sprint or HP would officially announce it to the public before announcing it to their minimum wage reps.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    that's why i like my Pre no one next to me has one unlike an iphone here at work three people have iphones...boring..I like to be unique in the things I get
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenf42 View Post

The HP Palm Pre 3 is scheduled to be launched. However, we do not have
    any specific date that when it is going to be launched. Once it is
    launched, it will be updated on the website.

This is pretty much word-for-word what I was told when I asked a Sprint Rep about the Pre 3. Except she told me that the phone would be due out in the summer. I know a lot of people don't trust what the Reps tell us about new phones, but I'm holding onto the hope that we are going to get a Pre 3 soon, because how can Sprint be the only carrier not offering an advanced WebOS device? The Palm Pre and Pixi have sold well with Sprint customers. So I can't imagine HP leaving us without a new WebOS device.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    This is pretty much word-for-word what I was told when I asked a Sprint Rep about the Pre 3. Except she told me that the phone would be due out in the summer. I know a lot of people don't trust what the Reps tell us about new phones, but I'm holding onto the hope that we are going to get a Pre 3 soon, because how can Sprint be the only carrier not offering an advanced WebOS device? The Palm Pre and Pixi have sold well with Sprint customers. So I can't imagine HP leaving us without a new WebOS device.
    Well, having been on Sprint for over 10+ years until recently (just moved to Verizon to get the Pre 2), I can tell you that rep info means nothing ... it's designed to get you off the phone, but happy! (for a while!) You won't be seeing the Pre 3 on Sprint anytime soon, certainly not at launch! Palm burned Sprint big time and they're not going to jump in for the Pre 3 until later, if at all. Verizon will be the carrier at launch. The next to come in, might be AT&T, since their strategy is to be the smartphone superstore. Sprint is completely happy being a Android and Blackberry house. You're more likely to see the iPhone next than the Pre 3 on Sprint ...
    Last edited by geewhiz; 04/10/2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: grammar
    nuff said about these pointless conversations with unicorn reps
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    Well, having been on Sprint for over 10+ years until recently (just moved to Verizon to get the Pre 2), I can tell you that rep info means nothing ... it's designed to get you off the phone, but happy! (for a while!) You won't be seeing the Pre 3 on Sprint anytime soon, certainly not at launch! Palm burned Sprint big time and they're not going to jump in for the Pre 3 until later, if at all. Verizon will be the carrier at launch. The next to come in, might be AT&T, since their strategy is to be the smartphone superstore. Sprint is completely happy being a Android and Blackberry house. You're more likely to see the iPhone next than the Pre 3 on Sprint ...
    How did Palm burn Sprint? The Palm Pre was the best selling smart-device until the EVO came along. It wouldn't make any sense for Verizon to get the next WebOS devices, because they don't even like selling the WebOS devices that they have now. I have read countless complaints about Verizon stores not carrying the phones. I'm still going to put my faith in Sprint and hope for some new WebOS devices.

Sprint hasn't sold the last 3 Palm devices so there isn't a huge reason to think they are ready to start again.

as for not being the only carrier to not have an advanced webOS device- T-Mobile hasn't had 1, so it's not like every carrier is clamoring to get one.
    I wish everyone would stop freaking out about whether or not it's coming to Sprint. The Pre was previously their biggest phone, of course the Pre3 is going to be coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Sprint hasn't sold the last 3 Palm devices so there isn't a huge reason to think they are ready to start again.
    as for not being the only carrier to not have an advanced webOS device- T-Mobile hasn't had 1, so it's not like every carrier is clamoring to get one.

It's true that Sprint hasn't sold the last few WebOS devices, but they have sold two over the past few years and they have sold well. So even though Sprint is really pushing the AndroidOS, I think they will offer either a WebOS phone and/or tablet. I personally trust Sprint's CC. So if they tell me a set-device is coming out, then I will put my faith into that. Because I remember when it came to the Treo 650, Palm Centro, the Samsung A900, ect. I found out they were due out by asking Sprint's CC. So not all Sprint Reps lie to people.

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Until an HP or Sprint exec says the Pre3 will be avail on Sprint, I'm not going to get all worked up on what their subordinates say. I made up my mind recently that if Sprint screws us again on the Pre3 I'm going to VZW. To think Sprint is going to waste resources to kill the iphone with android rather than make a better 4g network and VERSATILE phone selection will be their downfall. NO FREAKIN way am I going to get a Touchpad that I cannot take full advantage of touch to share!

TAKE THE FREAKING HINT SPRINT!!!!! The next-gen webos hardware is gonna be da $#!^

The last time I listened to an HP exec *cough*Apotheker*cough* it was just a bunch of BS. I won't believe anything until I see an authentic looking leak, an official announcement, or the phone being in the hands of someone. I'm tired of trying to have faith in execs :-/
    I hope Sprint gets it. I was already planning on switching to the EVO 3D, but if the Pre 3 does come to Sprint, I'll be all over it.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    I hope Sprint gets it. I was already planning on switching to the EVO 3D, but if the Pre 3 does come to Sprint, I'll be all over it.
    If no WebOS phone comes to sprint I will be calling Sprints Customer Care to ask for my money back on all the Apps that I have purchased since i will no longer be able to move them over to the Andriod phone since they didn't give me an upgrade path. Of course then i will jump ship over to what ever carrier had the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by bear9494 View Post
    If no WebOS phone comes to sprint I will be calling Sprints Customer Care to ask for my money back on all the Apps that I have purchased since i will no longer be able to move them over to the Andriod phone since they didn't give me an upgrade path. Of course then i will jump ship over to what ever carrier had the Pre3.

Trying to get money back from Sprint would be tough. Palm is even worse. But you do bring up a good point, in that we all have spent so much money on WebOS apps and if we don't have access to WebOS phones, then we basically wasted our money. I hope that doesn't happen because I have spend hundreds of dollars in apps over the past 2 years. Sprint just has to come out with more WebOS devices. It wouldn't make any sense for them to leave a hold in their device lineup.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/12/2011 at 01:49 PM.

Tyring to get money back from Sprint would be tough. Palm is even worse. But you do bring up a good point, in that we all have spent so much money on WebOS apps and if we don't have access to WebOS phones, then we basically wasted our money. I hope that doesn't happen because I have spend hundreds of dollars in apps over the past 2 years. Sprint just has to come out with more WebOS devices. It wouldn't make any sense for them to leave a hold in their device lineup.
    I didn't think it was possible to spend hundreds of dollars in the Palm store... I kid I kid, but it seriously sucks to invest in a platform and have to choose between the carrier that fits your needs, and the platform you've invested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to spend hundreds of dollars in the Palm store... I kid I kid, but it seriously sucks to invest in a platform and have to choose between the carrier that fits your needs, and the platform you've invested in.
    It does suck. I don't want to leave Sprint because what I get plan wise is something I can't get with AT&T or Verizon. They both charge way more per-month. So I can't really leave Sprint. I still feel Sprint is the best carrier for smart-devices and I know a lot of people agree. So it will be sad if we don't get anymore WebOS devices, because the Pre is the best phone that I have ever used; going back to 2003 when I got my first mobile phone with a plan. The other thing I worry about is what if Sprint does start selling the Pre 3 or some device like it, but HP sets the price at $800 or $900? So even if Sprint releases a device, the overall cost needs to be kept down. Who knows what is going to happen at the end of the day though.

And it's easy to run up a bill in the Palm App Store. When you buy some apps at $10 a piece.

Didn't want to start yet another thread so thought I'd pick one and post this info. I have a very good relationship with my local Sprint rep and store owner. I stopped in today to get International service activated on 2 of our phones since we're on our way to Mexico Friday (yay!) and we spoke about the Pre 3 'cuz they know how much I like my launch day Pre and they have absolutely no info on the Pre 3 releasing on Sprint (or any other network) at this point. Their lineup is already set thru June and he said they hoped they'd get it by Christmas! BY CHRISTMAS!!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Didn't want to start yet another thread so thought I'd pick one and post this info. I have a very good relationship with my local Sprint rep and store owner. I stopped in today to get International service activated on 2 of our phones since we're on our way to Mexico Friday (yay!) and we spoke about the Pre 3 'cuz they know how much I like my launch day Pre and they have absolutely no info on the Pre 3 releasing on Sprint (or any other network) at this point. Their lineup is already set thru June and he said they hoped they'd get it by Christmas! BY CHRISTMAS!!
    I would rather have the phone by the summer, but I would settle for anytime this year. As long as we get another WebOS phone, then some waiting is fine.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast