View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    "Yes, in coming future"

Sounds just like Palm and HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Quit bugging those poor Indians. They don't even know what they don't know.
    A Sprint rep called me to ask if I wanted to upgrade my 3G data plan to 4G. I said yes if my pre had a 4G radio. She said "what's a 4G radio". I told her it was a Big 1980's boom box that can pull 4Gs in tight corners. She said “I don’t think we have that available YET” lol. I think I peed a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    A Sprint rep called me to ask if I wanted to upgrade my 3G data plan to 4G. I said yes if my pre had a 4G radio. She said "what's a 4G radio". I told her it was a Big 1980's boom box that can pull 4Gs in tight corners. She said “I don’t think we have that available YET” lol. I think I peed a little.
    Okay, this was too funny!

(PS, I predict Sprint will get the Pre 3, after a brief 2 month exclusive with Verizon, FWIW).
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Totally off-topic, but seeing as you're a neighbor...

How are you enjoying this odd thing happening today? I think this is called rain.
    I think that Sprint Rep from the OP's message is in the know and has vital insider information. Do I know that rep? No, but I believe that rep did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Totally off-topic, but seeing as you're a neighbor...

How are you enjoying this odd thing happening today? I think this is called rain.
    its very nice to have rain after not having it for 4 or so months i was beginning to think it al gore might be right about global warming
    you really need to make a thread for this?
    HAH!!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new

LOL

But they all have the same script!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I got a form letter back today.

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. We at Sprint have been a longtime partner of Palm and a great supporter of its products. While we do not currently have any information we can provide in regards to upcoming products from Palm or HP I would hope that our relationship continues as HP develops the Palm brand to its full potential. As more information or announcements become available we will make a formal press release. If you could like to sign up for automatic updates on Sprint Media Events or an Official Press release please visit http://newsroom.sprint.com/. I hope this information helps. We greatly appreciate your business, please let us know if we can assist you further.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
    I got a form letter back today.

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. We at Sprint have been a longtime partner of Palm and a great supporter of its products. While we do not currently have any information we can provide in regards to upcoming products from Palm or HP I would hope that our relationship continues as HP develops the Palm brand to its full potential. As more information or announcements become available we will make a formal press release. If you could like to sign up for automatic updates on Sprint Media Events or an Official Press release please visit Sprint Newsroom | Home. I hope this information helps. We greatly appreciate your business, please let us know if we can assist you further.
    This is more than I have previously gotten from "Dan."
    When I had called Sprint yesterday to ask some questions about the Airave, the rep told me that the people working in the different call centers; whether be they for Tech Support or for Account Issues, that they are often times the (Last) people to find out that a new device is on it's way out. Which I have never had a tech tell me this before. She also said that the first customers to find out when a new phone is on it's way, are the people signed up to receive newsletters directly from Sprint. So if this is true, then a lot of the rumos we hear from these Sprint employees, may just be hearsay. The only employees with prior knowledge would be the Store Reps because they need to prepare for the arrivals of new phones. But the Store Reps that I have spoken to over the years, tend to be tight-lipped. So I would think if you want to find out if we are going to get more Sprint WebOS devices, that you should ask Store Reps and not customer care reps.

Which, isn't there Sprint employees on this forum? Why can't they give us some insider info? That would be better then all of the rumors and hearsay.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

A rep just told me to find out new information about new devices and for me to sign up, but i noticed under where you sign up theres a Palm Pre with a question mark.. Im just wondering why if no new WebOS device would be released why they would use a Palm device and not an Android device?
    A chance of Pre3 coming to Sprint?

The site is: Sprint | Be an insider.
    And this couldn't go to this thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...solidated.html
    It's likely that was a convenient stock image that they just slapped a question mark onto. And if HP's god-awful handling of webOS devices continues on, which it probably will, I have no doubt it's landing on Verizon anyways.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    There just takin advantage of the fact that most webOS users actually signed up for that. SO they show a webOS phone to get you to provide that information so you are willingly signing up for spam.

Thats my 2 cents.
    the rep earns points by getting you to sign up.
    I noticed that the other day too and tried to read into it, but I still have no idea what Sprint's doing right now. I love how I'll read something and get so confident & excited, and then read something else the next second and be ready to give up. I go back and forth all day!
    We'll all know before any email goes out from signing up for that. lol.
    My mom went in to get a new phone and the sales guy we were paired with said that there would not be a new webOS phone on sprint.

Of course, I quickly informed him that people just like him had been spreading rumors about new palm phones being released for the past 2 years, none of them had been right. I asked him what made so sure all of the sudden. He shut up pretty quickly after that.