View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    I'm hate to tell you this guys, but from what I've been reading in many different sites and blogs I see that there will be a Pre 3 for at&t first followed by a Verizon release. I seriously don't see the Pre 3 coming to Sprint at all. However, what I'm seeing is a keyboardless Pre similar to the HTC smartphones coming to Sprint at the end of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdacats View Post
    Today it was announced that HP launched the pre-paid 3G service for notebooks called DataPass specifically in a deal with Sprint. Here's the link so you can draw your own conclusions if there's any significance.

This is a pretty big investment for HP to make with Sprint which to me indicates there is still a relationship here. What I take from that is there is now a better chance we will see either the Pre3 or a later WebOS device on Sprint this year.

Obviously only time will tell but I thought this might be relevant.

It's promising news, but I'm not sure if this will get Sprint to launch an HP-Palm WebOS device. It does mean HP and Sprint are working together on something and that does leave the door open to more being done with the WebOS on Sprint's network. I view this news as a good sign that we may get some new type of WebOS device. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Thanks for posting this jdacats!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    [url= where is the Sprint Pre 3? TreoRock's Blog[/url]
    I'm personally not going to switch carriers to get a set-phone. That's stupid. It would cost me a lot more money going with another carrier. I am just going to hold out that Sprint will get a WebOS device. Ĥ

One thing about that article. Why did they say Sprint is done with slider phones, then say Sprint hates Oreo cookies with a passion? Is this code for what?
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 05/11/2011 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I'm personally not going to switch carriers to get a set-phone. That's stupid. It would cost me a lot more money going with another carrier. I am just going to hold out that Sprint will get a WebOS device. Ĥ

One thing about that article? Why did they say Sprint is done with slider phones, then say Sprint hates Oreo cookies with a passion? Is this code for what?
    Battling the Palm Pre 'Oreo-effect,' DIY-style | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

The tendency used to be, pick your carrier first, then your phone. But now, I'm getting tired of begging my carrier to get the phone I want. Screw them! I'll get the phone I want wherever it is. I've freed myself from carrier slavery.
    [url= the Palm Pre 'Oreo-effect,' DIY-style | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community[/url]

The tendency used to be, pick your carrier first, then your phone. But now, I'm getting tired of begging my carrier to get the phone I want. Screw them! I'll get the phone I want wherever it is. I've freed myself from carrier slavery.
    But has Sprint talked about the Oreo effect? Or are people just guessing that Sprint has a problem with the slider function of the Pre? It would be stupid if the only thing that keeps us from getting a new WebOS device, is the slider on the phone.

And switching carriers for a phone would make sense if the prices were all the same for each carrier. But AT&T and Verizon charge the heck out of their customers. So leaving a carrier means you have to step up and pay any extra fee's. And those extra fee's can really add up. Not to mention Sprint is the other carrier that offers truly unlimited data usage. So leaving Sprint would mean getting put back on the capped plans of 5GB's a month. It's a lot to deal with just to get to use a new phone.

So why is at&t better than Sprint?
    -Better battery life.
    -Easily swap SIM cards from phone to phone.
    -The t-mobile acquisition will for sure add more value to the network.
    -The LTE roadmap is not as far as with Sprint.
    -and last but not least HP Palm seems to be in favor of the GSM technology due to its flexibility and portability.

My loyalty is with HP Palm and not with Sprint.

Clearly you have more disposable income than many of us. Good for you.

My loyalty is with my wallet thickness first, not with HP Palm or Sprint.
    I disagre with that report by treo rock, first sprint is def not done with slider phones, they just released the HTC Arrive which I have? Second no FCC filings tell which company is getting which phone besides the Veer, so until a carrier comes forward and says we will be carring this paticular phone again thats blasphomy. Also like said above nobody has that kind of money to jump carriers for a device, so my advice is to just bite the bullet and get another device on your specific carrier if Sprint or whoever doesnt carry the intial batch of Webos phones. My thoughts on it is that all carriers will be carring a webos device sooner or later.
    So why is at&t better than Sprint?
    -Better battery life.
    -Easily swap SIM cards from phone to phone.
    -The t-mobile acquisition will for sure add more value to the network.
    -The LTE roadmap is not as far as with Sprint.
    -and last but not least HP Palm seems to be in favor of the GSM technology due to its flexibility and portability.

I think HPalm likes GSM because most of the world uses it. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I disagre with that report by treo rock, first sprint is def not done with slider phones, they just released the HTC Arrive which I have? Second no FCC filings tell which company is getting which phone besides the Veer, so until a carrier comes forward and says we will be carring this paticular phone again thats blasphomy. Also like said above nobody has that kind of money to jump carriers for a device, so my advice is to just bite the bullet and get another device on your specific carrier if Sprint or whoever doesnt carry the intial batch of Webos phones. My thoughts on it is that all carriers will be carring a webos device sooner or later.
    I believe the report says "Sliders from HP Palm"

Regarding FCC filling, Engadget is reporting that the device that showed up on the FCC website is a Verizon device.

Let's be honest, at&t has a better network and technology, so that is the reason why you pay a bit more than with Sprint. I don't have deep pockets, but I'm tired of my phone losing battery whenever I have poor signal and dropping calls more often than with a GSM Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I believe the report says "Sliders from HP Palm"

Regarding FCC filling, Engadget is reporting that the device that showed up on the FCC website is a Verizon device.

Let's be honest, at&t has a better network and technology, so that is the reason why you pay a bit more than with Sprint. I don't have deep pockets, but I'm tired of my phone losing battery whenever I have poor signal and dropping calls more often than with a GSM Pre.

If dropped calls is an issue for you on Sprint with a Pre, simple fix. Get an EVO. The call reception is incredible compared to any other Sprint smartphone, past or present (various WinMo, BBs, Pre, you name it). Sure, you may not prefer Android over WebOS (neither do I), but at the end of the day, I've got work to do while traveling and I need it to last through the day and maintain a signal. Several friends who switched from Pre to EVO agree. It's night and day as far as signal and battery life compared to Pre. I'm guessing that the Pre2 and Pre3 won't be leaps and bounds better, which would be a shame, since I'd rather have a Pre3. Honestly, if I switched to anything else, it may be to a future WP7 device depending on what types get released beyond the Arrive.

Just my experience and that of friends in the same boat.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    More on the Verizon Pre 3
    http://twitter.com/webOSroundup/stat...08743951106048

My wife has an Evo and I play with it a lot. We both hate the lack of keyboard and the inconsistent menus. Signal seems to be better, but still the battery dies really fast when there is poor signal.

I would have to go back through my detailed notes from the HP big bang event...but didn't they say "there are no carriers announced yet for these devices". Maybe I'm picking a little on the english language a bit, but they didn't say "A carrier hasn't been announced yet" which would imply only one carrier would be supplying the devices originally.

What is to say that when it is to be release, which now indicates in June, it couldn't be released on Verizon AND Sprint at the same time/same day? We've all heard the rumors from the reps of various companies...so they all could be correct in getting the device and HP is dropping the exclusive format in favor of pleasing both carrier customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoepp71 View Post
    I would have to go back through my detailed notes from the HP big bang event...but didn't they say "there are no carriers announced yet for these devices". Maybe I'm picking a little on the english language a bit, but they didn't say "A carrier hasn't been announced yet" which would imply only one carrier would be supplying the devices originally.

What is to say that when it is to be release, which now indicates in June, it couldn't be released on Verizon AND Sprint at the same time/same day? We've all heard the rumors from the reps of various companies...so they all could be correct in getting the device and HP is dropping the exclusive format in favor of pleasing both carrier customers.
    Yeah, I agree with you, I do think you're "picking a little on the english language a bit." I would call it over-parsing, if that's a valid term. I think you can take "A carrier hasn't been announced yet" as either singular or plural.
    12:35:21 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

12:35:21 PM : Session ID: 2782920

12:35:21 PM : jay: Initial Question/Comment: hp pre 3

12:35:31 PM : Frannie K. has joined this session!

12:35:33 PM : Connected with Frannie K.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 2782920.

12:35:33 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Frannie K..

12:35:36 PM : Frannie K.: Hello.

12:35:54 PM : jay: do you have any imformation regaurding sprint and the release of the hp pre 3

12:37:56 PM : Frannie K.: I understand that you are interested in Hp pre 3 . I would like to inform you that currently there is no information regarding this . However as it get near to launch with the date the promotional offer will reflect on the Sprint web site first.

12:38:16 PM : Frannie K.: Also it will contain the date of the launch with the price and the features.

12:38:30 PM : jay: so sprint will be getting the hp pre 3?

12:38:51 PM : Frannie K.: Yes, in coming future .

12:39:31 PM : jay: thank you for your time
    I still find it odd if a "rep" knows, but the official source (hp) knows its coming, then why wouldnt they tell the waiting community...
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    reps dont know ****.
    Quit bugging those poor Indians. They don't even know what they don't know.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    currently there is no information regarding this . However as it get near to launch with the date the promotional offer will reflect on the Sprint web site first.
    I find this piece interesting. Could it be "making it right"?

A SPRINT REP SAID IT BE SO!! I'm going to go hold my breath until it comes true!

It does sound like there has been talk of something regarding the Pre 3 in the Sprint world. Of course, it could just be confused reps because of all the webOS fans harrasing them about it lately.