View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

    103 24.29%
  • NO

    83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

    63 14.86%
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 856
Like Tree36Likes
  1.    #261  
    sprint rep says no pre3 for sprint.
    sprint rep says pre3 for sprint.
    hp rep says no pre3 for sprint.
    hp rep says pre3 for sprint.

    <<merged>>
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I don't think Sprint will get anymore WebOS devices. Just look at the FCC filings.
    Really? No CDMA phone has come through the FCC yet so by your reasoning Verizon must also not be getting anymore WebOS devices.

    HP has officially said there will be CDMA devices. So you're saying that HP lied?...
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    Look up "summer" on Wikipedia. These are Jon Rubinsteins instructions.

    I did the above, and what I found is that unofficially, summer runs from memorial day to labor day here in the US.

    So according to Wikipedia, between may 30th and sept 5th of this year unofficially is summer.
    The official end of summer is September 22!
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    man, i really hope this isn't true. If so, i just don't understand why it would take so long. How can the biggest tech company in the world be so slow at getting hardware into the market?

    I've been really patient. I understand holding onto the touchpad until june. But there's no reason they wouldn't be further along with development of the Pre3. the hardware is barely competitive, and definitely wont be come September.
    Don't worry ... if the Pre 3 hardware is not competitive, HP will "make it right" again!
  5. #265  
    my whole thing is everything is still rumors from peoples mouths, so like acouple of other people stated dont believe nothing until theres a offical word from HP. At this point there is no benifit for HP not releasing the Pre 3 this summer (june/july) and on all carriers by sept or oct. Again the filing is for a GSM only device, and didnt specify a slider mech at all as stated by webosroundup, so that device is most likely NOT the Pre 3. So people calm down ONCE AGAIN and wait were almost in june.
  6. #266  
    Maybe the GSM devices that they have ushered through the FCC is an unlocked version that isnt tied to a carrier. Maybe the CDMA versions have yet to be passed through. It would be easier to bring to market a phone that doesnt have to pass carrier approval, which would help them keep their promise of summer.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  7. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #267  
    My opinion, it doesn't matter if HP was releasing a 2GHz quad core with a 12MP camera this month. It's not going to make millions of consumers run out and get one. The only way HP will become a serious player is if they can consistently release high quality products over a period of time. It's going to take some time people. They're not going to be able to release one phone that will be a game changer in the smartphone market.
  8. #268  
    I'm almost positive this is true. I think the only WebOS devices will be on Verizon and ATT and just looking back documents about upcoming phones would always leak before summer and all the new phones would be there... Take a look at this and tell me why all these phones come out in a month and the Pre 3 isn't there. It will come in September if that. And if it comes later, I won't even be a WebOS user anymore.
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    My opinion, it doesn't matter if HP was releasing a 2GHz quad core with a 12MP camera this month. It's not going to make millions of consumers run out and get one. The only way HP will become a serious player is if they can consistently release high quality products over a period of time. It's going to take some time people. They're not going to be able to release one phone that will be a game changer in the smartphone market.
    I can agree with this...somewhat. A phone with those specs can really raise some eyes. Arguably, the Droid was Motorola's savior device. webOS does need quality hardware, and the Droid proved that hardware can compensate for software (Android 2.0 at the time) shortcomings.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  10. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I can agree with this...somewhat. A phone with those specs can really raise some eyes. Arguably, the Droid was Motorola's savior device. webOS does need quality hardware, and the Droid proved that hardware can compensate for software (Android 2.0 at the time) shortcomings.
    Right. But android didn't become the force that it is today because everyone owns a Droid. It may have been the initial catalyst, but it was consistent solid releases of the Incredible, Evo, Galaxy series, Droid X, etc. etc. that has propelled android as a platform. I don't think it's possible any more for a company to release one super device that is going to increase their market share a double digit percent.
  11. #271  
    I know this thought has been expressed a thousand times... But I really want to give HP and Sprint money in exchange for a new phone
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Right. But android didn't become the force that it is today because everyone owns a Droid. It may have been the initial catalyst, but it was consistent solid releases of the Incredible, Evo, Galaxy series, Droid X, etc. etc. that has propelled android as a platform. I don't think it's possible any more for a company to release one super device that is going to increase their market share a double digit percent.
    webOS has an established base, much like Android did (and Android wasnt as positive as webOS software-wise). And it sold over 1 million in the first 74 days (Motorola Droid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which was enough to form Motorola into the Goliath that it is today. Good hardware can also put webOS on the map, and possibly mimic the success of the Android/Motorola platform. I agree that you wont get to where Android/Motorola is now with one product release, but webOS needs a piece of hardware that is as trans-formative as the Droid was.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  13. #273  
    Think I am done with Palm/HP to be honest. I've had an android phone for 6 months or so now and I'm really liking it. HP taking too long, and by the time the Pre3 is out it just won' match up. If they released the Pre3 in Q1 2011 and then followed that up with a Pre4 in Q3 2011 then that would have been a different story. As a dev that has an app in the catalog it's pretty depressing to be honest
  14. #274  
    Actually this is the best time to be a WebOS developer. Get your apps ready because HP is going to flood the market with WebOS devices starting with the Veer really soon. I know we've been waiting for a long time for this, but if you've already waited so much why quit now when the new devices are around the corner.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Think I am done with Palm/HP to be honest. I've had an android phone for 6 months or so now and I'm really liking it. HP taking too long, and by the time the Pre3 is out it just won' match up. If they released the Pre3 in Q1 2011 and then followed that up with a Pre4 in Q3 2011 then that would have been a different story. As a dev that has an app in the catalog it's pretty depressing to be honest
    kthxbye.
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    kthxbye.
    knoprobs.
  17. fubka's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #277  
    I was on the phone with Sprint to remove some txt msg spam charge, they of course try to get me to renew (launch month sprint pre) and asked about the Pre 3. They told me about some Kerocera phone that looks like the Pre....
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Actually this is the best time to be a WebOS developer. Get your apps ready because HP is going to flood the market with WebOS devices starting with the Veer really soon. I know we've been waiting for a long time for this, but if you've already waited so much why quit now when the new devices are around the corner.
    I think time will tell to be honest. I hope so but a lot will really depend on how many people will buy a Veer/Pre3 or TP. The Pre/Pixi/Pre Plus/Pixi Plus and Pre2 have not sold that well, sadly For sure I want the Veer, Pre3 and TP to sell well, but not sure if it's a little too late or not for HP, maybe more so for the phones. They might have a good chance with the TP but even that might struggle with the iPad/iPad2 and the multitude of Android pads out there. I even have a Pre2 and have to say don't really use it. Although I like WebOS I don't see Android as being that bad in comparison. Anyway, as I stated at the start of this reply, time will tell. The clock is ticking and still no dates from HP.
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Actually this is the best time to be a WebOS developer. Get your apps ready because HP is going to flood the market with WebOS devices starting with the Veer really soon. I know we've been waiting for a long time for this, but if you've already waited so much why quit now when the new devices are around the corner.
    They can flood the market with as many devices as they want but that doesn't guarantee success for a developer. Indie developers really have to weigh their options and resources; making the wrong choice can really sink one.
  20. #280  
    I jumped on the original pre within a day or two or the June 2009 launch.... I'm free to upgrade all phones on my plan now...

    If HP would announce today.... that the Pre 3 was coming to Sprint by sometime in June... I might just wait and hold out to give WebOS another chance. I really like the OS. But... I'm sooooo overdue for new hardware... I'm giving up. I'm going to BB this weekend and the Me, my Wife and teen Son will be going Android... Sorry HP too little too late... Drop an F-ing release date already. I'm done with webOS for a generation at least, even though I was an early adopter. I held on as long as I could, I burned through 5 original pres, I passed on my 12 month upgrade with hopes of a new HP pre phone on Sprint... I didn't get it. Therefore HP you do not get my business...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions