View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    I sent my complaint and the transcript to dan@sprint.com, we will see if anything happens. I know, just wishfull thinking but Hp and Sprint really got us in a bad spot.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Notice how he said that I think you should buy a phone. His job is to sell phones available now. Since Albert indicated he wanted an updatable Webos device, he offered up what he knew.
    There are some sprintified Pre2 that have recieved an OTA 2.1 update. This brings the ability to update prl.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    There are some sprintified Pre2 that have recieved an OTA 2.1 update. This brings the ability to update prl.
    it hasn't for mine. The OTA update doesn't give the ability to PRL update. That ability was added by hacking other stuff on the phone, I believe.
    Last edited by runtimmyc; 04/30/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Why would they sell a pre 2 on sprint if the pre 3 is coming out this summer. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Because some people are happy with the Pre's size already.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    it hasn't for mine. The OTA update doesn't give the ability to PRL update. That ability was added by hacking other stuff on the phone, I believe.
    That is what this guy said on that thread. Anyways, I wish I had the ability to update the PRL on my Pre 2. Could you send me a link to where I can get that?
    So I was browsing in the computer department of a store here and I ran across two HP representatives. I told them I was an avid webos fanatic and we got to talking. I asked them when the pre 3 would be released because I had just ordered a pre 2 and couldn't wait for the next version.

The reps said that the touchpad will be available in june/july while the pre 3 would be available on Verizon in SEPTEMBER. This confirms earlier rumors I heard from a Verizon representative to that it would be released in Quarter 3. So I guess its gonna be september folks.

At least i will be able to play around with the touchpad until then!
    Hmm. I might have to pick up a pre 2 if the 3 doesn't come out until september. Interesting news though, guess we'll see if they're right or not as time goes on.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Why would they sell a pre 2 on sprint if the pre 3 is coming out this summer. It doesn't make sense to me.
    If by this summer you can get a Pre 2 for $49 and the Pre 3 is $199 then some people will go for the lower priced model. iPhone 3GS's are still selling for that same reason.
    yeah that's exactly what I did. I purchased a Palm Pre 2 comfotably because I didn't want to have an iPhone until september. No way. So I went ahead and bought the pre 2. Get a good 5 months out of it.
    So no Sprint, eh? Disappointment
    WHATTTT!?!?!?! SEPTEMBER?! VERIZON!?! Man if this is true, HP really just screwed us Sprint folks over. I've been eligible for an upgrade since March and my current Pre- is falling apart. WHAT HAPPENED TO A SUMMER RELEASE HP!!! If It's confirmed Verizon is getting it, then I'm gonna jump the ship and get the EVO 3D or Nexus S 4G. I'm not a big fan of Android but I need something new and exciting! I'll go back to webOS once Sprint releases one with hardware specs comparable to the flagship devices of HTC and Samsung.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    WHAT HAPPENED TO A SUMMER RELEASE HP!!!.
    Look up "summer" on Wikipedia. These are Jon Rubinsteins instructions.

I did the above, and what I found is that unofficially, summer runs from memorial day to labor day here in the US.

So according to Wikipedia, between may 30th and sept 5th of this year unofficially is summer.
    you gotta be kidding me
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/30/2011 at 06:28 PM.
    man, i really hope this isn't true. If so, i just don't understand why it would take so long. How can the biggest tech company in the world be so slow at getting hardware into the market?

I've been really patient. I understand holding onto the touchpad until june. But there's no reason they wouldn't be further along with development of the Pre3. the hardware is barely competitive, and definitely wont be come September.
    Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    WHATTTT!?!?!?! SEPTEMBER?! VERIZON!?! Man if this is true, HP really just screwed us Sprint folks over. I've been eligible for an upgrade since March and my current Pre- is falling apart. WHAT HAPPENED TO A SUMMER RELEASE HP!!! If It's confirmed Verizon is getting it, then I'm gonna jump the ship and get the EVO 3D or Nexus S 4G. I'm not a big fan of Android but I need something new and exciting! I'll go back to webOS once Sprint releases one with hardware specs comparable to the flagship devices of HTC and Samsung.
    What really sucks is that VZ hates selling webOS anything. And this is the carrier that it will be launched on lol. I know nothing is concrete yet, but Sprint needs to be a major carrier due the webOS User base they have. Instead they decide the echo is what people want lol.
    I know its not really good news for us, but september IS summer. And frankly, i expected it. Palm has ALWAYS waited til the last minute to update things. I remember when the 1.4 update came out, they said 'February and it was literally february 28 at about 11 pm. Same with the update before that.

I am going to stick with my pre 2 until then. That will hold me over well.

Also, I have received the same exact response from a total of 4 sources. 2 from verizon and two from HP. So I'm guessing that september is it.
    While the webos folks wait until Sept., there will be ______ (fill in the blank) new phones released running Android before then.
    Last edited by Double Eagle; 04/30/2011 at 10:07 PM.