1.    #1  
    but will we finally have a WebOS device with unquestionably operational GPS? That will likely be the deciding factor for me as to whether I stick with WebOS or not. I put up with it on the Pre Plus b/c I like WebOS so much (and b/c I wasn't aware of the issue until after I had the phone) and now I'm on the free Pre 2 got and GPS is good enough to hold me over until my contract is up in December. But if they can't get it 100% right on the Pre 3, I don't know about signing on for another 2 years w/o GPS.
    On Sprint, GPS works perfectly.
    My Pre- GPS works just fine. Are you one of the "lucky" Verizon customers? Time to switch service providers?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    AT&T, too. It's not HP/Palm's fault that VZW are a bunch of meddling fascists.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    AT&T, too. It's not HP/Palm's fault that VZW are a bunch of meddling fascists.
    Meddling fascists? Meddling is such a strong accusation.
    I used to believe in HP
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm on Sprint so my GPS works fine, but I'm just curious: is webos the only os that has faulty GPS on Verizon?
    Yep, my Sprint GPS has always worked fine. I'm assuming you're a VZ customer?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Occasionally, my Sprint Pre- GPS will be FUBAR and maps or LAT/LONG data will show me at the local cell site - requiring a full reboot (not a luna restart). I'd like to see THAT problem go away!
    Kilroy was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    but will we finally have a WebOS device with unquestionably operational GPS? That will likely be the deciding factor for me as to whether I stick with WebOS or not. I put up with it on the Pre Plus b/c I like WebOS so much (and b/c I wasn't aware of the issue until after I had the phone) and now I'm on the free Pre 2 got and GPS is good enough to hold me over until my contract is up in December. But if they can't get it 100% right on the Pre 3, I don't know about signing on for another 2 years w/o GPS.
    I already have one and it aint a Pre 3. It's a Pre+ on AT&T. I've had it for a year and the GPS works fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  10.    #10  
    Ah, yes, I should have clarified: Verizon Pre 3. I'm stuck with Verizon due to very poor coverage by AT&T and Sprint in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Ah, yes, I should have clarified: Verizon Pre 3. I'm stuck with Verizon due to very poor coverage by AT&T and Sprint in my area.
    say these four words, starting slowly and then progressively faster:
    WHALE
    OIL
    BEEF
    HOOKED

I'm not a Newfoundlander, but it's an old proverb of theirs, that applies in your case
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Yep, your issue is with Verizon and their choice of how to implement the GPS and not with HP. Doesn't Verizon mess with the GPS in all their devices to try to force you to their outrageously expensive navigator service?

(I'm a VZW customer, but I don't use the GPS...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I'm on Sprint so my GPS works fine, but I'm just curious: is webos the only os that has faulty GPS on Verizon?
    I do not believe so. Verizon does have a track record of "meddling" (as he put it) with phone's software to much after it leaves the providers. The reason why it doesn't work on Verizon is because they went through and messed things up by making VWZ Maps the only app allowed to access the GPS.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    VZW's latest Android handsets have had great GPS lock-on times, etc., so I'm optimistically saying that they have learned their lesson.

Lol. Funny to hear myself saying that VZW learned a lesson.
    How is it on the VZW iPhone?
    My VZW Pre 2 shocked me with it's GPS performance today... turned it on, opened Trapster, and locked on 15 seconds later. Doesn't get any better than that.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    No, it doesn't.
    Two original launch month Pres, mine would work well for about a day then would require a reboot to start working correctly again. My girlfriends Pre's GPS worked so poorly it was virtually unusable, reboot or not.
    Eh, I wouldn't say it's perfect for everyone. It's definitely not perfect for me. Gets the job done most of the time, but it's not perfectly accurate or fast all the time.