The end is near repent!!!!

I must say, the future looks bright. But they really need to stop with the silence act. Everyone else has already caught up with there game and passed them
    interestingly, that keyboardless phone seems to run webOS 3 on a 320x480 screen, so it might be a keyboardless Veer. That thing's VKB would be the very buggery to type on.

The "TouchPad-like" device with keyboardAvailable = true also has keyboardSlider = false, which sure is interesting and could possibly point to a webOS netbook rather than a tablet.
    Its "Nova-Dartfish" could then be the fabled webOS for PCs - also supported by the name when put in context with older known webOS codenames as we now know Nova-Barleywine to have been some version of webOS 2, which would indicate that the old Nova-Blowfish is webOS 3, with Dartfish a modified version for PCs.

VVV speculatively answered your question before you asked it
  3.    #4  
    what is Dartfish codename ? Have someone heard about it ?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Keyboardless 320x480 = touchscreen on a printer?

Edit: actually, it's probably a toaster
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post

Its possible. My HP Envy 100 printer has a touchscreen large enough to crap that many pixels in it pretty easily. If HP's plan is to implement webOS into any touch device they make then thats a pretty good strategy to good webOS into as many hands as possible considering not everyone might not want a webOS powered smartphone but if they were to experience a toned down printer optimized version of webOS, it could convince them to make the move to a full scale version on a smartphone and tablet.

WebOS needs exposure and ALOT of it, I am crossing my fingers that HP has a huge marketing campaign for the Pre 3 and Touchpad since those are the two products next to be released. If they can get enough traction and attention with those two devices, that will set them up for devices coming later in the year (Slab smartphone).
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post

Good idea,
    If an app were tested with the TouchPad's emulator, would it show up in the logs as a touchpad or as the emulator? Perhaps that's what this is?
    rubi already stated that he feels 800x480 is quite good enough for what is needed on a phone so is it possible that it wouldn't show up in dev logs being the same res or would it show up as 2 devices running the same res?
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    If an app were tested with the TouchPad's emulator, would it show up in the logs as a touchpad or as the emulator? Perhaps that's what this is?
    Device name would be "emulator"...
    Printer screen would make total sense, 480x320 could be stretched over a bigger screen size (i.e. a screen with lesser pixel density) because you'd be using it from further away.

So we might be seeing one printer and one PC / Netbook here exciting!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I think this has a better chance at being an updated Pixi phone (a keyboard, but not sliding). No way it would be a touchscreen only slab phone, its too small.
    i2y4n makes the most sense there!! ^5
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    I'm shock. Nottttttt! We've seen pics of the big slate. Why is this a surprise?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Resolution is low *hopefully* this is a printer....or a toaster

If they build a slab, I hope they do it big!