Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Unfortunately I have to tell you that it's a common prejudice in Germany that brits like to wear sandals with socks... I did not see anything like that yet here in Coventry, although I find this dandy look mighty strange.
    Hilarious

Round my way when we see someone with socks and sandals we assume they are a German tourist.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Must be a cultural thing, over here sandals are fine on men so long as they don't wear socks with them and don't try to wear them with long trousers. Flip-flops are also ok but should be reserved for beaches and poolsides.

Holsters on the other hand are a big no-no. Any holster for anything period. The only exception being workmen who need to keep their hands free. Back in the 90s they were just about acceptable (though they invited derision even then) as phones got smaller their use dwindled and now you'll be hard pushed to find one for sale, let alone anyone wearing one.

Mind you, my Pre (and my Treos before that) fit comfortably in my trouser pockets so I don't see it as a big deal and I'll be trying to get a Pre 3 rather than a Veer.
    I disagree about holsters and have no idea how they got such a bad name in this forum. They're not the "fanny pack"* of the millennium. They're functional and look just fine.

* with apologies to our UK members
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hilarious

Round my way when we see someone with socks and sandals we assume they are a German tourist.
    We must have a lot of Germans here in Florida.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hilarious

Interesting Now, what are they really from? France?

Socks: 5 Euros
    Sandals: 50 Euros
    Walking around with socks in sandals and making others believe they are German or British: priceless
    :lol:
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    In 2008 I bought an iPhone 3G which was the only smartphone worth owning these days. Over the years I used it to my satisfaction - but now I am ready for true multitasking, a real notification system and a hackable os - to say nothing of a real physical keyboard. There is even a LISP-interpreter for it. Imagine, LISP on my phone !

So I am waiting for the Pre 3, please hurry up, HP !

A holster is something to carry my S&W, not my HP.

Greetings from Austria.
    Hi all,

Trust me the world won't come to an end b/c you use a holster or not....in the scheme of things it;'s no big deal....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I played with the Veer and I have to say that the slider is built much more solid then the pre, but the size is a joke, it looks and feels like a toy phone.
    I personally think that it's because of this size that will make the difference in the webOS share market. There isn't any 'S' size smartphone that cater for woman who like smaller size phones... like TS' wife. It'll not radically change the market share but rather slowly increase the interest among other smartphone users. Though i do hope it will not be that slow to make HP drop the whole webOS.

Really the size a joke of a phone, it might be a great phone but size is to to to to small for my liking, but this is only my opinion we all have our own preference.
    I agree it's personal preference which is why they come up with S, M, L sizes.

I like the iPhone 4 and I was a long time hater of Apple products, but now I have iMac 27" MacBook Pro, iPad2 and the iPhone 4 and what I found is that Apple makes things very simple to use, there is no complexity with it.
    sounds like an apple ******? there's no shame to that. Me too, an apple ******. But as far as mobile OS goes, i prefer WebOS. Similar to iOS, it's simple to use [just type: it can't be any simpler than that!] BUT.... Apple [iOS] doesn't support jailbreak community and HPalm support Homebrew community! That makes H*** ALOT of difference.

I see not lot of companies jumping on the webOS band wagon right now. HP is lacking behind in lot of key areas, the only thing that they have going for it is that BB PlayBook and the Moto Zoom did not do well on the market, if HP can come out with a bang and grab some kind of market share then they have a chance to get new people on board if not then it will be DOA,
    Very true. HPalm has to do more in terms of marketing. Sell them cheap, sell them abroad (not just US or UK/Europe, there's still Asia!), more advertisement, sell them cheap!

everyone hates Apple cause they are so successful at what they do, they set the bar so high that lot of companies cant beat them, and the users like us have our own preferences to what we use most users hate Apple cause they are good at what they do and everyone hates the guy on top of the hill, it is natural, if HP was top people would hate and try to knock down HP.
    I love apple. The make companies like Lenovo, HP and Dell improve.

I really dont see how HP with webOS will catch up to Apple, webOS market share is under 5%. HP has to find a market nitch just like Apple found it, thats the only way they can gain some ground. I dont see webOS beating out iOS or Android these two guys are just to big with huge following. HP needs phone that is a world phone to have world dominance.
    I have to agree with you. Apple had been so successful, it's gonna be difficult to beat. Nonetheless, hopefully veer will help gain the market share needed to make WebOS known to the whole world.
    So holsters are a fashion blunder everywhere? Rats...that must be why the Papua New Guinean tribal leaders were pointing and laughing at me trying to fit my holster on my tribal cord...that's all they wear...a chord around their waist...with a knife in a holster...hey, haven't they seen how sharp my Pre is when I open the slider?

Oh, and does anyone have a sweater...I'm starting to get a chill.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345