Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Apple has a bazillion apps but only a handful of them are any good. Most of the apps in the app store are garbage or duplicates. To be honest, I feel apps are just a method to make up for not having Flash. If I could see all of my bank's website, I'd have no need for an app.

So for me it is not an issue. Besides, even HP has seen this and is approching those iOS developers who make the most used Apps.
    Wow!!! An iPhone user that gets it, who'da thunk it?? Seriously, glad that you see through the fog.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Welcome sir! I recently returned to the fold, myself (from Android) and it's like re-entering paradise.

I have an iPhone4 for work and I was toting around a huge Samsuck Epic for about 7 months and they both shared one big common gripe for me : too much jabbing at buttons on the screen. The gesturing in webOS makes the whole user experience so much more fluid and pleasing than either iOS or Android. Sure I had a couple gestures in an app or two here and there, but that couldn't make up for the webOS user paradigm.

Funny.. for the entire 7 months I had an Android phone, I was constantly trying to configure it to be more like webOS. I had a task-switcher app that make card-like images of apps that I could switch between.. I had a Wave Launcher app that gave me the wave thing.. and none of it could match the webOS experience.

EDIT : and one more thing, my girlfriend has had a Sprint Pre- since launch day and she refuses to give it up until it dies. Almost 2 years on, a broken power button.. and she clings to it for dear life.. she LOVES webOS that much that she won't even look at another OS.
    Last edited by j_benj; 05/20/2011 at 09:29 AM.
    Welcome, an iPhone user.. what a rarity =) Maybe there still is hope webOS can survive so I can come back (unless I don't leave, the whole lack of true synergy is making me think twice about having features and more useful apps..)
    j_benji...your girlfriend might try getting the power button fixed at a Sprint store with a repair shop. My power button was stuck on, and the repair guy said to come back in 20 minutes. He replaced some parts, and it's working fine. I have the $7/mo service insurance though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    1 down, a couple million to go!
    lol, nice Holes reference!

Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Welcome sir! I recently returned to the fold, myself (from Android) and it's like re-entering paradise.

I have an iPhone4 for work and I was toting around a huge Samsuck Epic for about 7 months and they both shared one big common gripe for me : too much jabbing at buttons on the screen. The gesturing in webOS makes the whole user experience so much more fluid and pleasing than either iOS or Android. Sure I had a couple gestures in an app or two here and there, but that couldn't make up for the webOS user paradigm.

Funny.. for the entire 7 months I had an Android phone, I was constantly trying to configure it to be more like webOS. I had a task-switcher app that make card-like images of apps that I could switch between.. I had a Wave Launcher app that gave me the wave thing.. and none of it could match the webOS experience.

EDIT : and one more thing, my girlfriend has had a Sprint Pre- since launch day and she refuses to give it up until it dies. Almost 2 years on, a broken power button.. and she clings to it for dear life.. she LOVES webOS that much that she won't even look at another OS.
    THAT is my Evo experience right there. Its just to much of a utility phone that you have to tip-tap to do what you want. I to, found myself working hard to make it like WebOS. Another thing about iOS that I hate is how all the buttons to go back and forth are on top of the screen. I have to stretch my hand to click a button I use every other second. Not intuitive or fun, unlike the gesture area

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wow!!! An iPhone user that gets it, who'da thunk it?? Seriously, glad that you see through the fog.
    The problem is that all the current iPhone users are those who don't get it. All those who did get it already left
    Last edited by Rennat; 05/20/2011 at 08:59 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I like the fact that you are this impressed by a Veer, the lowest end of the modern webOS devices. If you are that impressed by the Veer, then I think once you have a Pre 3 (or even Pre 2), this community will hold on to you for life!

And if you get your hands on a TouchPad, forget it. Your house is going to be built after webOS. And you will name your kids "Pre," "Pre 2," "Pre3," and "Veer" for the girl.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard!
  9.    #49  
    One of the best things I like about it is the total lack of a need to connect to iTunes. Finally, I can turn my computer off at night instead of plugging in my phone to the computer and hoping the sync is done (or even started) before I get up in the morning.
    I've had a Pre Plus for over a year now and still love the OS. I was in Walmart last night and played around with the display iPhone 4. I was impressed with the hardware, especially the screen, but moving around and doing things was rather annoying. I don't think I would be able stand it for long. Everytime I play around with an iPhone, it doesn't take me long to figure out why webOS is outstanding. If HP can just do what Palm could not, get a lot more people to look at webOS with outstanding hardware backing it, then it will be successful.

I didn't realize you had to do so much through iTunes. That would drive me nuts. The only time I ever hook my Pre+ to a PC is to load music or sideload some software (like Metadoctoring 2.1 on to my phone). If they bring music synergy (which they apparently plan to) then I will almost never hook it up. Now if my wife would just realize this too...
    Count me in as well. I currently own an iPhone4 but I immediately pre-ordered the Pre3 as well and cannot wait to get my hands on it. I had a Pre Minus as well and I loved it, but due to the crappy build quality and my own drunken stupor I managed to break it. T-Mobile offered me an iPhone4 as replacement and now I am sitting in Apple's golden cage. As mentioned above, the display and the build quality is top notch, but still, I never 100 % like this phone. Instead, I am searching the web for alternatives all the time, had some time with an Win7 Phone as well, but nothing can offer the WebOS experience.
    I just hope that amazon.de manages to delivers the Pre3 in time so I can get back to webOS again. Moreover, I will try to convince every colleagues to get one as well - who knows, maybe I can set a trend ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I love the keyboard. I love true multitasking. Once the Pre 3 comes out, count me amongst the first buyers.
    +1 ..I went from a Tre680 to asn IPhone 3G a few years ago and I can't wait to get a Pre3 and WebOS!!!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Welcome bro and thanks for joining the webOS train
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    +1 ..I went from a Tre680 to asn IPhone 3G a few years ago and I can't wait to get a Pre3 and WebOS!!!
    Hi, music to our ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    I have had every webos device and the Veer isnt lowest end. It's equal to thr pre 2 in every way except size in day to day use
    it is the lowest end. Doesn't mean it sucks. Its a GREAT Phone. But it is the lowest end. 800mhz, smaller screen, less resolution, lower end cameras (same as Pre 2), etc. It still rocks, but it is the lowest end of the three modern ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    it is the lowest end. Doesn't mean it sucks. Its a GREAT Phone. But it is the lowest end. 800mhz, smaller screen, less resolution, lower end cameras (same as Pre 2), etc. It still rocks, but it is the lowest end of the three modern ones.
    It's the lowest end in a great package. Enough for most people's needs, I'd say.
    I played with the Veer and I have to say that the slider is built much more solid then the pre, but the size is a joke, it looks and feels like a toy phone. Really the size a joke of a phone, it might be a great phone but size is to to to to small for my liking, but this is only my opinion we all have our own preference. I come from a long line of smart phone uses, I had the BB, Pre, EVO, Pre, iPhone4, each phone brought its own pros and cons, there is no perfect phone. I like the iPhone 4 and I was a long time hater of Apple products, but now I have iMac 27" MacBook Pro, iPad2 and the iPhone 4 and what I found is that Apple makes things very simple to use, there is no complexity with it. What I liked about webOS is the card switching but what I hated is the Pre hardware, the slider totally sucked, and the lack of apps " Not Games " but everyday useful apps. I see not lot of companies jumping on the webOS band wagon right now. HP is lacking behind in lot of key areas, the only thing that they have going for it is that BB PlayBook and the Moto Zoom did not do well on the market, if HP can come out with a bang and grab some kind of market share then they have a chance to get new people on board if not then it will be DOA, everyone hates Apple cause they are so successful at what they do, they set the bar so high that lot of companies cant beat them, and the users like us have our own preferences to what we use most users hate Apple cause they are good at what they do and everyone hates the guy on top of the hill, it is natural, if HP was top people would hate and try to knock down HP. I really dont see how HP with webOS will catch up to Apple, webOS market share is under 5%. HP has to find a market nitch just like Apple found it, thats the only way they can gain some ground. I dont see webOS beating out iOS or Android these two guys are just to big with huge following. HP needs phone that is a world phone to have world dominance. Palm sat to long on the sidelines and now it will be a huge up hill battle and dont think they will make it. They really dont have to be top they just have to get there own nitch and milk it as much as possible. But this is only my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I dont see webOS beating out iOS or Android these two guys are just to big with huge following. HP needs phone that is a world phone to have world dominance. Palm sat to long on the sidelines and now it will be a huge up hill battle and dont think they will make it. They really dont have to be top they just have to get there own nitch and milk it as much as possible. But this is only my opinion.
    Hi, I agree I think that HP & webOS will be a niche but that doesn't mean they won't be successful with webOS.

Businesses that were on top once don't always stay there. MS was a huge player not that long ago....while they are number one in OS they have stumbled badly and often trying to branch out and not staying behind an aging and mature product line.

I imagine that will happen eventually with Apple because all things in business are cyclical...

That may help HP & webOS only time will tell. I do feel that HP has to push and push hard to create a niche for webOS & I hope they do!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    It's the lowest end in a great package. Enough for most people's needs, I'd say.
    Hi all,

I feel that HP has to have a presence in all areas of the smartphones, basic models for those who are first coming over to using a smartphone, more advanced models with and without a keyboard.

I also think the Veer being small will be a selling asset for some people. There are times that most of us wish we had a little phone. Too bad the FCC wont allow us to have more than one phone for the same number..

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I feel that HP has to have a presence in all areas of the smartphones, basic models for those who are first coming over to using a smartphone, more advanced models with and without a keyboard.

I also think the Veer being small will be a selling asset for some people. There are times that most of us wish we had a little phone. Too bad the FCC wont allow us to have more than one phone for the same number..

Take care,

Jay
    I personally think that they have a lineup of XS (Veer), S (Pre2), M(Pre3), XXL (TouchPad). The only sizes left would be the superphone slab, MantaRay, they are going to release (L) and the Opal sized TouchPad (XL). Looks to me like they are doing exactly what you said. No need for a bazillion phones like Android when you could have a controlled environment like Apple has with it's ecosystem. Apple does have advantages because of that and HP needs to overcome what Apple has rejected to do. After the next two unannounced devices come out HP will have every kind of size anyone could ever want.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast