Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88
  1. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #21  
    1 down, a couple million to go!
  2. #22  
    If you hang around here, you'll soon find out that WebOS people are as great as WebOS itself. I mean, you haven't even tried Preware yet, which is a world unto itself!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I spent the last two days messing with my wife's Veer. After much consideration I have decided that yes, I will be trading in my iPhone 4 for the Pre 3. I LOVE webOS. I love the fact notifications don't take over the screen. I love the keyboard. I love true multitasking. Once the Pre 3 comes out, count me amongst the first buyers.
    Palm/HP webOS is pretty cool and yes the Veer and Pre 3 look very intriguing. How are you going to manage without all the apps...had to ask since that is all I hear from iPhone users? Or are you a typical iPhone user who only has native stuff (mail, web, chat, etc) and uses only a few extras that you can't live without?

    Either way, glad to see someone else liking webOS as much as I do and good to hear Apple not blinding you to anything else. Welcome, Sorli...
  4. #24  
    It's an awesome OS. What makes it even better is the homebrew community here at PreCentral. It's the best around.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Palm/HP webOS is pretty cool and yes the Veer and Pre 3 look very intriguing. How are you going to manage without all the apps...had to ask since that is all I hear from iPhone users? Or are you a typical iPhone user who only has native stuff (mail, web, chat, etc) and uses only a few extras that you can't live without?

    Either way, glad to see someone else liking webOS as much as I do and good to hear Apple not blinding you to anything else. Welcome, Sorli...
    Apple has a bazillion apps but only a handful of them are any good. Most of the apps in the app store are garbage or duplicates. To be honest, I feel apps are just a method to make up for not having Flash. If I could see all of my bank's website, I'd have no need for an app.

    So for me it is not an issue. Besides, even HP has seen this and is approching those iOS developers who make the most used Apps.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Out of curiosity, what phone did your wife come from? And did she not find the screen too small?
    She had the 3GS. Her issue was with iOS itself and the fact the phone was "too big." So for her, the Veer hit exactly the right size she was looking for and she thinks webOS is a lot better than iOS.
  7. #27  
    4 Ws for you:

    Welcome to Wonderfull World of WebOS!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  8. Pr3mier's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #28  
    +1
    TP + P3 = synergized
  9. #29  
    Welcome.
  10. cujoq37's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #30  
    Welcome to the community. But, no cutting in line at the *insert carrier name here* store!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Apple has a bazillion apps but only a handful of them are any good. Most of the apps in the app store are garbage or duplicates. To be honest, I feel apps are just a method to make up for not having Flash. If I could see all of my bank's website, I'd have no need for an app.

    So for me it is not an issue. Besides, even HP has seen this and is approching those iOS developers who make the most used Apps.
    Interesting and new perspective on what IOS users need. Flash would help tremendously especially if it works well...actually I guess you can tell us since you have a Veer.

    What's really interesting about your take on apps is how most apps are useless and there are only a select few needed (shazam, Medical apps, etc) that people have to have.

    My biggest problem with IOS relates to all the song and dance users go through to use those phones. Glad you've seen the light. Sorli...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    She had the 3GS. Her issue was with iOS itself and the fact the phone was "too big." So for her, the Veer hit exactly the right size she was looking for and she thinks webOS is a lot better than iOS.
    If she likes webos now just wait till she installs the advanced preferences patches and start popping off new cards for emails and texts
  13. h2o826's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #33  
    Welcome to the family!

    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I love true multitasking.
    once you go true multi task you never go..nothing else rhymes...to another non webOS device. no more pressing down and holding a stupid button to see your last used apps!
  14. #34  
    The disparity between PreCentral apocalypticists - "the Veer is DOA because if you have had another smartphone you won't even look at that tiny thing, so HP is dead" - and actual reactions from iPhone users is delightful.
    Seems like the majority of people who really hate webOS and don't consider it an option are on this forum while the majority of "people out there" has simply never heard of webOS.

    Welcome, and enjoy your stay

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15. #35  
    There is clearly a niche market for a very compact smartphone - and HPalm is the only one catering to that atm.

    Which is where the naysayers failed.

    Offering only the Veer this year would have been crazy - that niche is likely not big enough.
    Offering a very compact smartphone as part of a S, M, L range - brilliant.

    The whole smartphone-has-to-be-4+inch-macho-device idea is based on the small-minded assumption that everybody has the same preferences.

    I'm a tall guy and I don't have small fingers. If my only choices were between a 4+ inch monster and the Veer - I'd likely take the Veer.
    My smartphone is only of use to me if it is always at hand - so I have to be able to carry it in my pocket (not carrying a briefcase, not always wearing a jacket and belt holsters look stupid).

    The Pre3 is at the upper end of what I want to fit in my jeans.
    Last edited by tholap; 05/19/2011 at 04:49 AM.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  16. #36  
    Thats great to hear! I went and played with a veer a couple days ago too, and must say webos 2.x and the new hardware is a huge improvement from the pre plus on 1.4.x.

    and on that note i've got my pre 2 coming in the mail tomorrow after being away from webos since last august. =)
  17. #37  
    I went to see the veer today, it is amazing. rock solid hardware. screen is only a hair narrower and about a half inch shorter (same as the pixi as I understand). the slider is completely redesigned and is great.

    More and more I just use my phone for notifications, traffic, and quick look up of information while I am out. I think the veer would be great for this. I am seriously tempted to combine this with a tablet, especially if it was kind of like the transformer where it has a keyboard when necessary.

    I might rarely use a pc with that combo.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  18.    #38  
    I think a TouchPad combined with a Veer will be an winning combo. You use the TouchPad for your heavy duty stuff and use the Veer for your light travels. Plus, the Veer has mobile hotspot which combines nicely with a TouchPad.
  19. #39  
    Hi, sounds GREAT to me!

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    My smartphone is only of use to me if it is always at hand - so I have to be able to carry it in my pocket (not carrying a briefcase, not always wearing a jacket and belt holsters look stupid).

    The Pre3 is at the upper end of what I want to fit in my jeans.
    Thank the lord some else looks at it like I do.

    I have the Pixi+ for the same reason. It's in the pocket all the time, even when I'm travelling to places I don't want to pay roaming for.

    I was thinking about the Pre3/TP combo, but I wanna see if we have some sort of skype or other video chat capability first. Maybe I'll end up with a Veer/TP.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions