Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I will try and put something together for these 3 forums (Veer, Pre3, TP)

Everybody has something to say.

Staff tries to keep things upbeat and hopeful.

I guess we could bury all these rumor threads in some separate forum, but then we frustrate those who are harmlessly excited.

blinktreo makes a good point; It's like the lottery.
    Someone is going to post something that will be the correct info regarding the release.

Back when the original pre was about to be released the rumors were flying.
    I mean really flying.
    Someone finally actually got a reliable rumor.
    Boy would I feel bad if one of these guys heard from someone that the Pre3 was being released such and such day and it was correct and I moved or merged it.

It seems to me either staff has to spend extra energy moving and merging threads where one might be good news, or the members can glance at it and make that decision for themselves.

We try to do what we can.

But, like I said; I will try and put something together this eve.

(I hope my tone sounded peaceable - I'm just trying to say how it is from another viewpoint)

-Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    If only I had a 50/50 chance of winning the lottery, that would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Based off Playboy its just a General of all carriers for the Pre 3 is only mentioned for Price and a rough release to be avaliable in June. So why not hit all 3 major carriers at the same time?
    Wait a minute. There were no quotation marks in that YouTube video...
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I suppose this is possible. Samsung is relasing the Galaxy S II on all carriers at once, just each carrier has a different name.

No doubt I want this to be true, but not getting my hopes up. Already burned on Sprint with the Plus and 2 not landing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I can agree with one thing from your post...as a manufacturer obviously it's ideal and desired to have your device be launched on every carrier. So HP would want the device to be on all major carriers, however it doesn't always work out that way.
    Suggests to me that Pre3 will not be on Sprint.
    Called Sprint billing dept. They do not have the HP Pre3 in their system.

Chatted with Sprint Agent. There are no new webOS phones in the system to launch next month, only Android phones (the same ones the telephone Sprint service listed).
    They have no information on an HP Pre 3 phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Okay, I'll try and get some of this organized a little later today.
    I'll also rename this thread to [Rumor].

I find it interesting that these rumors are an irritation to some.
    Personally, I don't see a reason. Personally, I don't care what the title of the thread says, as long as it's fairly closely related to the OP. When I read that OP, and it says "I was talking to a rep..." I'm smart enough to put that in the proper category of "confirmations" in my brain. I don't see a need for a moderator have to take care of issues like this. We should all be able to handle it ourselves.

As far as those that don't like these types of posts - simple solution, don't read them, and especially don't respond to them.

If all we had about the Pre 3 was official notifications from HP, this would be a pretty barren forum, because it ain't out yet.

My opinion is keep the rumors coming. BTW, don't know if anyone heard, but rumor has it that the Pre 3 will run Need for Speed as well...
    Any time I go into a Sprint store, I ask whoever I can about new Palm (now HP) phones. I get a pretty wide range of answers, which confirms what's already been said, they don't really know (and yes, that includes instore folks as well as online folks).

That said, there are some that I believe more than others. I had to replace my Pre Wednesday, and the tech at that store is a family friend. My wife was his youth pastor several years ago. He said that he has not heard from Sprint that they will have the Pre 3, nor has he heard (from Sprint) that he won't. He said that he reads the same "insider" stuff that everyone else does, and thinks they probably will. Then he added the real kicker - they are going to carry the Touchpad. Then he voiced what immediately came to my mind - why would a phone company carry HP's non-phone Touchpad, and not their phone?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    OK... I had no intention on posting my chat with HP but i thought the ending was kinda funny.
    11:20 AM Connecting...
    11:20 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    11:20 AM Support session established with Leslie.
    11:21 AM Leslie:Hello Me
    11:21 AM Leslie:Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.
    11:21 AM MEo you know what phone carriers the pre3 will be released on?
    11:22 AM ME: hello?
    11:23 AM Leslie: We do not have any information about this as the product is not released yet.
    11:23 AM ME: hmm.. thats not good. Im buying a phone very soon and would "like" to stick with HP
    11:24 AM ME: do you know when it will be released?
    11:24 AM Leslie: I am sorry. We currently do not have any information.
    11:25 AM ME:looks like im going with a windows phone then. Do you have any info about the touchpad?
    11:26 AM Leslie: I can understand your concern but as the products are not yet released, we do not have any kind of information related to those devices.
    11:27 AM ME: so i guess i will go buy a product that is already released.
    11:27 AM ME: thanks anyway....
    11:27 AM Leslie: You’re welcome.
    11:27 AM Leslie: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    11:27 AM ME: which is better... a playbook or an ipad?
    11:29 AM Leslie: I think Ipad is good.
    11:29 AM ME: ok thanks
    11:29 AM ME: ill buy that
    11:29 AM Leslie: You’re welcome.
    The people that take the time to talk bad about posts are the very reason i dont not post much here. If you dont like it dont read it. This is my .02

When Pre- first came out this was an awsome forum now people bashing is all that happens. I wish people would grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Any time I go into a Sprint store, I ask whoever I can about new Palm (now HP) phones. I get a pretty wide range of answers, which confirms what's already been said, they don't really know (and yes, that includes instore folks as well as online folks).

That said, there are some that I believe more than others. I had to replace my Pre Wednesday, and the tech at that store is a family friend. My wife was his youth pastor several years ago. He said that he has not heard from Sprint that they will have the Pre 3, nor has he heard (from Sprint) that he won't. He said that he reads the same "insider" stuff that everyone else does, and thinks they probably will. Then he added the real kicker - they are going to carry the Touchpad. Then he voiced what immediately came to my mind - why would a phone company carry HP's non-phone Touchpad, and not their phone?
    interesting, thanks. Perhaps TouchPad and Sprint's on demand wi-fi work together for now and maybe they will get the next phone later in the year?

My thought also is that since Kerris said Pre3 released in June that Sprint would know about it by now. We see VZW updating 1.45.1 which suggests to me that they are the active HP player.

edit: I sure hope HP "makes things right" for Pre owners (even if the phone does not go to Sprint) as HP promised. If they don't honor their promise that's a big deterrent, not only bad karma for the relaunch of webOS but more significantly shows they are not willing to step up for their consumers in the way Apple does. Thus, if I am investing in an ecosystem with a tablet etc (I have a mac and also a Pre) I am going to rethink who is the best company long-term as Apple has been consistently servicing my Mac with any questions and problems.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/20/2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Condensed version ....

Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    11:29 AM Leslie: Youíre welcome.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yankchef's scoop is very similar to the one I got from my local Sprint store manager 2 days ago. Sprint has "opted out of the initial Pre 3 release" but will have it later in the year.

Trying something productive...emphasis on trying....I called Sprint to say "hey! what about your loyal WebOs fans?" and filled out a "consumer concern form" about Sprint not having the Pre 3 ASAP. It was suggested that more of these might help. So...call Sprint and ask them to fill out a "customer concern form" for you. i.e. you want to stay with Sprint, so please offer the Pre 3 now vs. later. and Hey be nice to the Sprint person so they feel GOOD about passing your info along ;-)

It would be great if Pre Central started a CONSUMER CONCERN DRIVE and keep track of how many of us do it. Maybe Pre Man can get invloved. Let's make it happen!!!!!
    priceless

Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    11:21 AM MEo you know what phone carriers the pre3 will be released on?
    11:22 AM ME: hello?
    11:23 AM Leslie: We do not have any information about this as the product is not released yet.
    11:23 AM ME: hmm.. thats not good. Im buying a phone very soon and would "like" to stick with HP
    11:24 AM ME: do you know when it will be released?
    11:24 AM Leslie: I am sorry. We currently do not have any information.
    11:25 AM ME:looks like im going with a windows phone then. Do you have any info about the touchpad?
    11:26 AM Leslie: I can understand your concern but as the products are not yet released, we do not have any kind of information related to those devices.
    11:27 AM ME: so i guess i will go buy a product that is already released.
    11:27 AM ME: thanks anyway....
    11:27 AM Leslie: Youíre welcome.
    11:27 AM Leslie: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    11:29 AM Leslie: Youíre welcome.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234