Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    zacky is a real life version of The Informant! That movie where Matt Damon keeps making up crap that gets increasingly ridiculous in a way that people somehow get sucked in even though it's . . . ridiculous.

I hope it comes on Sprint, and would laugh as zacky ran around in circles saying I told you so even though it was just a lucky 1 in 3 shot. Keep up the investigating Columbo. I think yer on to something.
    Last edited by twiktor; 05/18/2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: potty mouth filter
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    I hardly ever post , and have been using a HTC EVO since Jan when my Pre- died. I work in Austin, Texas, and interact in the tech industry a lot. I was in Houston, northwest Houston of Hwy 249 at HP, and the old Compaq headquarters Monday on business unrelated to anything mobile, FYI. That said, in an off topic Business conversation with a very high HP Manager/Exec the topic of WebOS and the new Touchpad came up. Interesting info... but then we talked about phones interacting with laptops and the new Pad... i.e. the Pre3, I did not get to much detailed info, but that their entire team would be getting it, I think he already had one- not sure. I made the note I might switch back to WebOS in conversation but was tied to Sprint. He told me straight up as he understood it HP plan was to launch the Pre3 on all the networks. I took that has a multiple launch of the Pre on T, VZ, and S, if not the same day within days or a few weeks of each other. Why you ask, it seems HP will somehow tie launching of Touchpad and Pre3 kind of together, they will market new little Veer at same time, this phone is only on AT&T, and not in his teams plans I assumed in the conversation. Also look for WebOS to be on netbooks and some Laptops late fall, FYI. Also this is coming soon, I take within the month or so was my take, and how he talked openly about it, like it was something fixing to happen.

Take this info as a rumor, lol, but he was no Sales Rep, lol. In Fact only reason I came back and checked my old pre web (Precentral) site was checking on info on the new Pre3. I will be honest part of me loves the EVO, but a lot of me just misses how intuitive the PalmOS was. Yet I gave up in January, or letís say my Pre gave up. So my take get ready to have a new Phone hit my end of June, and look for it on all three networks.
    I think this is encouraging. Obviously nothing official, but better than a Sprint sales rep rumor. I'm not quite sure why there are so many negative responses to the rumor posts. They are what they are - rumors!! If you don't want to read them, why are you in this forum? I for one find them interesting, even though I realize there may all be false.
    drlarryr
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    It will be probably sold from HP directly. That will help Sprint big. They do not have to deal with OREO,Screen and cracked USB issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    It will be probably sold from HP directly. That will help Sprint big. They do not have to deal with OREO,Screen and cracked USB issues.
    That comment is so 2009. Even the Pre 2 doesn't have those problems and based on the reviews and comments from people about the Veer build quality I doubt the Pre 3 will be anything but a great piece of hardware.
    Zacky is like the resident precentral moral booster.

Someone should nominate him for a unique title.

We'll if a Pre3 indeed does get fortold for sprint (which im still very doubtful), I have till June 7th to return my Nexus S 4G. At this rate heres the toss up; I'm not a big app person and the pre was working out in that department minus a couple.

But Android has Voice to Text features beyond belief, and the nav/maps is by far better. However, in the webOS department you have multi-tasking and synergy. Its a toss up for me.

Since I'm a natural at this stuff, I'm not sure which way to go.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 05/18/2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Zacky is like the resident precentral moral booster.

Someone should nominate him for a unique title.

I'm not sure if declaring outright victory when the votes haven't even been cast yet is an act of "moral boosting" but the word delusional does come to mind.

I think he has convinced himself the Pre 3 is definitely coming to Sprint based on the Internet chats he has had with outsourced foreign workers who barely comprehend the English language. I am however impressed at his level of dedication in trying to convince everyone else of this, it's on a religious fanatical or Birther level. And for that I agree we should give him a unique title.

There's something to be said when you feel your mere words and chat transcripts aren't enough to convince people, that you feel you must take the extra step of YouTubing your inconclusive online chat sessions. That really separates the men from the boys.

I almost hope the Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint because that will just encourage people like him to release more threads, posts and videos when the next rumor mill comes around.

Maybe we need to create a new forum called: "Outrageously Dedicated Rumor Believers"
    Quote Originally Posted by drlarryr View Post
    I think this is encouraging. Obviously nothing official, but better than a Sprint sales rep rumor. I'm not quite sure why there are so many negative responses to the rumor posts. They are what they are - rumors!! If you don't want to read them, why are you in this forum? I for one find them interesting, even though I realize there may all be false.
    In all fairness, I think most people are of the opinion that the time for rumors ended months ago... It's just not funny anymore.

-Suntan
    Wow this community has changed a bit since I've been here. Someone is excited about Webos and many people just come in and bash him. Yeah we all know that reps can be a little less then reliable to say the least but come on. It was his experience and he was sharing it with us. Plus that is what the cool features of the forums are for that show you who created a thread before you click on it. So some of you have stated he has done it before but yet you still click on his thread to come in here and berate him when you knew what you were getting into. Apparently we are all getting bored waiting for real news from hp. /rantoff

I do hope sprint gets at least the pre3 as I'm not changing carriers unless maybe US. Cellular got a webos device which is even more unlikely LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    In all fairness, I think most people are of the opinion that the time for rumors ended months ago... It's just not funny anymore.

-Suntan
    Rumors are the lifeblood of the Touchpad and Pre 3 forums but not for long. Get ready for the "Stingray" rumor threads to take their place. They should probably just bring back the Future Device forum that got replaced with HP News. Not sure whey they got rid of it. There will always be rumor/rep threads.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 05/18/2011 at 12:12 PM.
    The end of June will be here before we know it.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Wow this community has changed a bit since I've been here. Someone is excited about Webos and many people just come in and bash him. Yeah we all know that reps can be a little less then reliable to say the least but come on. It was his experience and he was sharing it with us. Plus that is what the cool features of the forums are for that show you who created a thread before you click on it. So some of you have stated he has done it before but yet you still click on his thread to come in here and berate him when you knew what you were getting into. Apparently we are all getting bored waiting for real news from hp. /rantoff

I do hope sprint gets at least the pre3 as I'm not changing carriers unless maybe US. Cellular got a webos device which is even more unlikely LOL.
    I don't think anyone is mad about his excitement. The problem is when all of these threads just spring up all over the place because one person had one conversation with someone in India. Seriously, sometimes when you click 'new posts' all you see is "Rep states Pre 3 is not coming to Sprint" followed by "Confirmed, Rep says Sprint getting Pre 3."

When your coming on the forums for information about your device or to contribute something of worth to the community all of these posts can get quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    The end of June will be here before we know it.
    This just in;

HP's Latest Twitter; The End of June in the coming weeks.

Every sprint rep I have communicated with all say that there is nothing on sprint Hp/Palm related for awhile. And my friends that test the phones also have seen the product launch maps and nothing Hp/Palm related is in the books. AT&T first, and then Verizon is all thats happening here.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Wow this community has changed a bit since I've been here. Someone is excited about Webos and many people just come in and bash him. Yeah we all know that reps can be a little less then reliable to say the least but come on.
    Spectre, If you've been here for a while then you know the kind of information from these people "excited about Webos" comes from something less reliable then this:

[Video]
    Quote Originally Posted by drlarryr View Post
    In all fairness I think it is the lack of attention to detail on the part of some people. Ideally the title of the thread would say [RUMOR] and the language in the thread would be clearand would carry caveats and clarifications so that it did not seem to claim that this rumor was confirmed and true but that it was one possible outcome.

Hearsay - no matter the source - is still just hearsay after all.
    Okay, I'll try and get some of this organized a little later today.
    I'll also rename this thread to [Rumor].

I find it interesting that these rumors are an irritation to some.

I was browsing A|C yesterday, and they have five, six, or7+ separate threads in the Inspire forum alone, regarding At&t saying they are going to start allowing SideLoading on their Android devices. 3 or so threads are Rants, 3 or so regarding the date this was to happen, and 3 or so asking what does this mean, all in just the Inspire forum alone.

P|C's Volunteer Staff does an amazing job trying to keep things organized.

A few days back I merged a bunch of these Rumor threads.

3, 4, 5, or more threads expressing ones excitement about the upcoming Pre3 left out here hanging until a P|C staff member can take some personal time to get these merged back up, isn't anything to squawk about.

Cheer up! P|C members.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Okay, I'll try and get some of this organized a little later today.
    I'll also rename this thread to [Rumor].

I find it interesting that these rumors are an irritation to some.
    I guess it becomes irritating when it's in the Pre 3 forum and it's not even a rumor. A rumor used to mean something, it was an item of news and there was tinge of creditability to it even if it was unverifiable. Like information from an insider within a company who might have access to information. And even when those rumors turned out to not be true it was due to the something like the company changed direction and abandoned that project. You could still prove some things from that rumor were true.

Chatting online with outsourced foreign sales workers (who will do anything to make a sale), telling them you're real interested in buying something but want to know if an unreleased device is coming out is not news. It's just begging them to lie about stuff and posting that as a worthy rumor is wrong. It encourages everyone to go online and do the same thing while proving nothing. This would never be considered a worthy rumor in the past, it would be considered nonsense and downright silly.

I guess the question is where do you draw the line? I could ask people off the street if the Pre 3 is coming out on Sprint and in the Bay Area I'd probably get more accurate answers. So should everyone start posting those findings in the Pre 3 forum?

I respect the concept of free speech and this is a forum where people should be able to post anything within the T&C's of Precentral but there is a line between a post about "My good friend who's an Engineer at Palm says..." and "My brother's, nephew's friend who works in the Philippines next door to the Sprint chat group says..."

So if were not going to have a standard for rumors and let all the crazies in then I say just make a new forum for all this stuff.
    Thanks for all the hard work berdinkerdickle!

It definitely is appreciated.

Everyone else we will have to agree to disagree because this is not the appropriate place for me to continue the conversation. I probably shouldn't have posted my first rant. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    I hardly ever post , and have been using a HTC EVO since Jan when my Pre- died. I work in Austin, Texas, and interact in the tech industry a lot. I was in Houston, northwest Houston of Hwy 249 at HP, and the old Compaq headquarters Monday on business unrelated to anything mobile, FYI. That said, in an off topic Business conversation with a very high HP Manager/Exec the topic of WebOS and the new Touchpad came up. Interesting info... but then we talked about phones interacting with laptops and the new Pad... i.e. the Pre3, I did not get to much detailed info, but that their entire team would be getting it, I think he already had one- not sure. I made the note I might switch back to WebOS in conversation but was tied to Sprint. He told me straight up as he understood it HP plan was to launch the Pre3 on all the networks. I took that has a multiple launch of the Pre on T, VZ, and S, if not the same day within days or a few weeks of each other. Why you ask, it seems HP will somehow tie launching of Touchpad and Pre3 kind of together, they will market new little Veer at same time, this phone is only on AT&T, and not in his teams plans I assumed in the conversation. Also look for WebOS to be on netbooks and some Laptops late fall, FYI. Also this is coming soon, I take within the month or so was my take, and how he talked openly about it, like it was something fixing to happen.

Take this info as a rumor, lol, but he was no Sales Rep, lol. In Fact only reason I came back and checked my old pre web (Precentral) site was checking on info on the new Pre3. I will be honest part of me loves the EVO, but a lot of me just misses how intuitive the PalmOS was. Yet I gave up in January, or letís say my Pre gave up. So my take get ready to have a new Phone hit my end of June, and look for it on all three networks.
    I can agree with one thing from your post...as a manufacturer obviously it's ideal and desired to have your device be launched on every carrier. So HP would want the device to be on all major carriers, however it doesn't always work out that way. That's not to say that carriers are to blame or the manufacturer is to blame it could fall on either's shoulders, contract negotiations, availability, pricing etc just doesn't bode well for one side or the other and they decide not to carrier for whatever reason.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I can agree with one thing from your post...as a manufacturer obviously it's ideal and desired to have your device be launched on every carrier. So HP would want the device to be on all major carriers, however it doesn't always work out that way. That's not to say that carriers are to blame or the manufacturer is to blame it could fall on either's shoulders, contract negotiations, availability, pricing etc just doesn't bode well for one side or the other and they decide not to carrier for whatever reason.
    The one way they could make that happen is to sell it themselves first and let it work to the carrier's channels shortly after, as they're able to push it?
    I dunno, there's not much real news (though that's been slowly changing since the TP email went out), so it doesn't bug me hearing rumors. For me, it's like playing the lottery - I probably won't win, but it's fun imagining what winning would be like! =)

My 2c is that, in the absence of a denial from Sprint, anything could happen. We ascribe all sorts of motivations to their management team (like "we already got burned by Palm.. NEVER AGAIN!"), but we don't know what they're actually plotting. If a big corp like HP wants to create momentum, it often can. And we HAVE heard from reputable Sprint reps that they can't discuss unreleased products.

Point is, we haven't heard yea or nay on the Pre3 from Sprint.. or T-Mobile, or Verizon, or AT$T, for that matter (at least that I've heard). The ball's up in the air.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast