1.    #1  
    A buddy of mine works for HP, he's outside sales so he's one that you see out at the big box electronic stores. He said that they are starting the training on the Pre3 and Tablet at the end of the month. Then he went on to make me dislike him even further telling me how they are having internal daily giveaways for Pre3's and Tablets! Damn him!

I asked if he heard about it going to Verizon (knowing about the FCC filing, but wishing he would deny and it go to Sprint or Sprint as one of them). He said that no announcement has been made and said they (HP mgmt) already reminded their staff; due to SEC regulations even if someone uncovers where it might be going, that they as HP employees cannot comment on it even if they know the truth until it has been officially announced. So I put my salt back away and thinking that somewhere the Pre3 and Tablet will be coming sometime after the middle of June...carrier(s) still TBA and my illusion that HP would be giving out a Pre3 and Tablet to all the employees is still a pipe dream...
    Lucky! This is like the Kevin Bacon game, you are only one person away from knowing all there is to know about the touchpad.
    I am so excited to get rid of my netbook and have a computer that feels personal again! Woo!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Nice, you should try bribing with chocolate
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Nice, you should try bribing with chocolate
    Hi,

You took thw words (but not the chocolate) out of my mouth, LOL!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I want to work at HP so much, doing anything it doesn't even matter. All I kept hearing Jon and Richard and Palm say is they're hiring but I don't have the talents required for any of the jobs on Palm's website. Being an HP rep sounds perfect, I already sell webOS to my friends now, for free. How'd your friend get that job?

I want his job, lol.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    I want to work at HP so much, doing anything it doesn't even matter. All I kept hearing Jon and Richard and Palm say is they're hiring but I don't have the talents required for any of the jobs on Palm's website. Being an HP rep sounds perfect, I already sell webOS to my friends now, for free. How'd your friend get that job?

I want his job, lol.

I actually have several buddies that work @ HP, he's the only one that works in the outside sales side of the business. He got the job like you would get a normal job and so you have to be on the lookout for them when they pop-up. Some are fulltime and some are part-time like working the weekends. He currently travels to the Electronic stores and he has several stops at several of the carrier stores, yes HP still visits Sprint stores on a regular basis...

I'll hold off on the chocolate bribes until he let's me know how much employees can buy the tablets for. He's wanted to find out the price on them as well as he's been thinking about getting one for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoepp71 View Post

I'll hold off on the chocolate bribes until he let's me know how much employees can buy the tablets for. He's wanted to find out the price on them as well as he's been thinking about getting one for himself.
    HI,

well that means that there's more chocolate for me!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post

I want his job, lol.

Network. As the other poster said, he knows a guy..

Don't wait for jobs to pop up. Assume there is always a job available whether they choose to list one or not. Be aggressive.
    Qualifications can often be overlooked it just takes the right drive, determination, motivation, and persistence to show that you may not be qualified for the job, but you have the desire to learn and work hard at what it is you are going to be applying for.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Seems that HP is going to "limit all hiring" in attempt to better next quarter's outcome [frontpage]. Good luck anyhow!