Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have a Pre now, which apps won't work because of the screen size?

Angry Birds
    Terms
    NOVA
    Radiant
    Blocked traffic
    Glow hockey
    Jewlsmania
    Jump o clock
    Soduku lite!
    Blackout
    Song wave
    Beat box
    Speed brain
    Freecell
    Just pong
    Minesweeper
    Paratrooper
    Supersonic
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    They should all work on the Pre 3 WebOS is made to automatically scale screen sizes between the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by banoggy2008 View Post
    They should all work on the Pre 3 WebOS is made to automatically scale screen sizes between the devices.
    Hummmm... if that were true there wouldn't be a need for Pixi apps. I think you mean to say that newer versions of apps built on the newer dev tools autoscale their screen size. That too may be true but I'm not sure that applies to PDK apps at all.

There will likely need to be newer versions of these apps to take advantage of the screen size - and there may be support for running games designed for Pre or Pixi on the Pre3 screen since those are smaller not larger and scaling from smaller is easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Hummmm... if that were true there wouldn't be a need for Pixi apps. I think you mean to say that newer versions of apps built on the newer dev tools autoscale their screen size. That too may be true but I'm not sure that applies to PDK apps at all.

There will likely need to be newer versions of these apps to take advantage of the screen size - and there may be support for running games designed for Pre or Pixi on the Pre3 screen since those are smaller not larger and scaling from smaller is easier.
    No, he is right to an extent. All Mojo apps will work flawlessly already but the PDK apps may need some minor adjustment that should be done within days or weeks after the release (that is if they don't already have it ready due to being a Early Access Dev). Mojo apps are able to run on both pixi and pre because they are te same resolution densities. The imaginative grid that everything is displayed on the Pixi is just cut down the middle. Enyo is built to be able to display between different sizes, resolutions, exc.

schlk21, you don't have anything to worry about.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    SDK / Mojo apps scale easily.

PDK / OpenGL apps have to be programmed for a certain screen resolution. As the Pre3 will have 800x480 - the standard Android resolution - most of your games have probably already been converted to fit it and really only need minor adjustments that could be ready in no time considering how it took Rovio two days to convert Angry Birds to webOS "from scratch"