Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Home run by the pitcher in the 3rd inning to tie the game at 1-1. The meat of the HP batting order still has to deliver some late runs. And the bull pen has to keep the other team off of the bases.
    I'd be OK if it was a single. Many game-winning rallies are started with a single.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I'd be OK if it was a single. Many game-winning rallies are started with a single.
    Exactly! I think we all have to admit that webOS team is little behind in this game. However, I do believe we are still early in the game, perhaps 3rd or 4th inning. You can't expect to win the game with one single homerun. Walk or single or even hit by pitcher is great way to start the rallies.

WebOS fans out there, start wearing your rally cap on. Things gonna get wild now.
    I only get half of the analogies here. Baseball is strange. Only thing worse is Cricket xD
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    It's a stand up double. It's a very solid phone but I'm awaiting the next generation of devices for the homeruns.
    Single, I would get it if I didnt have a pre2.. but will wait for the next big phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    It's a stand up double. It's a very solid phone but I'm awaiting the next generation of devices for the homeruns.
    That only works if you assume that they already had runners at the corners. Otherwise you are implying that even with the Pre3 they aren't on the scoreboard yet. I appreciate the humor of this analogy, but I also think we need to realize that they scored a run with the Pre2. They will score again when the Veer steals home on a squeeze play. The Pre3 certainly scores a run, and puts them in a tie or maybe only one run behind.

And with that, the analogy has officially been stretched to my limit!
    Palm Pre up to bat, strikes out swinging on three pitches. With one out Pixi is next. A pop up to short stop. Two outs and no body on...

Lack of execution rain delay.

Fast forward 2 years, rain delay over...

The Pre 2 up to bat, with 2 strikes he gets on base after his 4th ball.

The Veer following. After several fouls and two strikes he decides to bunt... First baseman drops the ball. Veer safely reaches.

Pre 2 on second and the Veer on first...

The Pre 3 due up hits a solid double, 2 runs score.

Next up 'Touch Pad'. A line drive triple all the way to the wall, 1 more run scores.

To be continued "please, no more rain delays"!!!...
    Last edited by PDAGeek; 05/15/2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Pre Minus subbed off during halftime, replaced by Pre Plus, but it's obvious that both players need more than 45 minutes to score. Next match delayed for bad weather.
    Manager gives Veer a starting berth, and despite jeering from the bleachers, Veer gets decent critical reception, just look how that tiny guy handles the ball! Ooo, rash challenge of Pre3 against BlackBerry, but the ref lets it pass. Pre3 passes to TouchPad and GOOOAAAAL!!! The big guy nets one for HP! Opposition kicks off but there goes Stingray! My god is that guy fast! Look at his footwork! He passes to Opal, Opal defends the ball against Playbook, passes back to Stingray and GOOOAAAL!!!! Keeper without a chance, HP up two goals and it looks like a foregone conclusion who will bring this match home!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    +1 for the soccer metaphor!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    baseball is so arcane i can follow the soccer metaphor though
    I'd say that the Veer was a 5 yard run from the 5 to the 10 yard line. The Pre 3 is a pass from the quarterback from the 10 to the 50 yard line with the receiver running it down to the 20 yard line if the advertising is there and there are multiple carriers. This is a late 2nd quarter drive from HP to score points and setup for a third and fourth quarter rally. HP will bring in the Touch Pad in the 3rd quarter as to provide a deeper threat. In the 4th quarter (2012 and beyond) they'll bring in the 4in slab and other devices to spread the field after they've figured out the other team's defense.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    for Sprint Pre owners it will be a homerun, others a solid double.....the slab will be a triple.
    pre 3 is definitely no homerun, but its nothing to sneeze at it either. I'd say its a strong double that could stretch into a triple. depending on carriers and adoption.
    its a double....you don't become a big league champion at once.

next phone, hopefully a slab or pre4 that's in spec with the big leaguerss will be a grandsllam

nothing wrong w a double....can't wait to get it
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I don't know anything about hockey - how 'bout a metaphor on ice??
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  17. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Squeeze Play single . . . if the run scores it sets up a chance to win the game (HP) and make for an enjoyable season. I think the key is keeping the Palm Nation happy (homebrew / programmer / developers), bringing it to Sprint and as many other carriers this summer and roll into a positive experience for Christmas Shoppers ~
    Veer: I would say today has been a sac bunt.

LTM: RTFOP

Pre3: Double, trying to stretch it into a Triple. We'll be right back after this break to see if he made it in safely.
    I see pandas.
    It's an easy triple, we'll see if they can steal Home when it comes out.
    It's easily a standing double.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast