Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    If all three of the phones had basically the same specs, which would sell the best. Which size would be most desirable for most people.
    The Pre 3. In todays day and age the bigger the screen the better it seems to sell IMO.

Sorta like when I was younger the more baggy your jeans where the cooler you are. Now its skinny jeans.....Times have changed the minds of everyone! Why? I dont have a clue...

I personally like the Pre 2 size my self and form factor. A nice brick phone wouldbe cool too...
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Like basketball shorts

The 2 is definitely my size of choice. Here is rooting for a Pre 2 Plus. Maybe they could market it as the new HP Pre 2 vs original Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Like basketball shorts

Yes! +1!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The Pre2 is my ideal size. Put the Pre3 processor, camera and compass on it and I'd get that. If you could put the screen res as well then great.

As it stands if I have to choose between the 2 and 3 it comes down to carrier and price.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm thinking that my middle-aged eyes will appreciate the larger Pre3 screen.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Great question! You know, I'm really torn. I love my Pre 2, but always thought the larger screen would be nice. I've been using a Pixi while my Pre 2 gets worked on and I'm absolutely loving it's 'out of the way' dimensions which is making me think I might want a Veer.

I guess the only thing to do is get all 3!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My last smartphone (HTC Touch Pro 2) was roughly the same size as the Pre3. At first I didn't like it because all my previous phones had been small form factor devices; however, I grew to enjoy the size of that phone for multiple reasons and am now I am looking forward to owning a Pre3.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I love the Pre 2 size, but nowadays the Pre 3 would get more people I think.
    I’d pick the 3.

When I first moved from a dumbphone to a smartphone I was hesitant to accept a “monster phone.” Both because I didn’t know how annoying it would be to carry, and because most of my co-workers are notoriously behind the times in tech.

That isn’t just a vanity thing. Paradoxically as it may seem, for those of us in the forums that are not IT workers, it is not a good thing to continually be associated with “cutting edge” or new fangled gadgets when your superiors are a generation or two from you. As much as companies state they want “young” talent with new ideas and understand new technology, the reality is that sitting down before a meeting with a big, monster phone got looked at with skepticism and disapproval a few years ago.

Now it is more accepted as the ol’ grey-hairs have slowly started to appreciate being able to go on a business trip and not have to lug a laptop, because their phone can do their email.

Although I don’t have a big desire for those 4.3” billboard phones that are the rage with Android, a 3.7” or a 4” phone (with a small bezel) would suit me better than this 3.2” screen I have now.

-Suntan
    Pre3 looks much more stylish than Pre2 (I saw the three jewels on last MWC), because of the diferent ratio between height/width and tickness. It will be sell more not only because it's screen is larger, but also because it looks slimmer, althought it is, in fact, similar in thickness.

In fact, I had to take both phones in my hand to realize the Pre3 was larger.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'd take a Veer. I don't have a smartphone for the media, I have it for calendar, email, text - and the phone! Smaller is better for me.
    For me, it would be the Pre 3.

The larger screen size isn't really the main factor (although, that extra .5" isn't going to waste with me, ),, BUT...

Its the larger keyboard that will make this device much more usable, IMO.

At this size, I can't see how that keyboard would be anything less than terrific to use. The only thing it would likely need is a dedicated number row (Im still wondering why they didn't put that in there).

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Original Pre/+/2 is my size, with new features (autofocus & taptoshare)
    For my purposes, they all have the same specs. ("good enough") I think I would like to upgrade my screen size and would prefer the Pre3. But if I'd been able to get a Pre2 on Sprint, I think I would be satisfied, and not looking for another upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    At this size, I can't see how that keyboard would be anything less than terrific to use. The only thing it would likely need is a dedicated number row (Im still wondering why they didn't put that in there).

I wouldn’t kick you out of bed for adding a set of arrow keys while you’re at it either. Moving the cursor with the function key and screen is a PITA if you just want to go right or left a few spaces.

-Suntan
    I think the Pre 3 would win. Nowadays 3.1" is just small for a smart phone, 3.6" is still below average for a new smartphone. Personally I would have preferred the pre3 to be 3.7" or 3.8, a 4" screen is too big for me.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I wouldn’t kick you out of bed for adding a set of arrow keys while you’re at it either. Moving the cursor with the function key and screen is a PITA if you just want to go right or left a few spaces.

-Suntan
    hold orange/gray and slide cursor around anywhere on screen...not really a pain for me.
    The Pre 3's screen size is perfect for me. Anything bigger than the Nexus S is too much IMO. Besides webOS functions perfect, regardless of screen size. Hardware and stuff like battery life needs to be bigger lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    The Pre 3's screen size is perfect for me. Anything bigger than the Nexus S is too much IMO. Besides webOS functions perfect, regardless of screen size. Hardware and stuff like battery life needs to be bigger lol.
    +1...Pre 3 seems perfect with just the little more width on the keyboard than Pre-, etc.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!