Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1.    #1  
    I know I'm the minority on this board. I'm a pre plus user on VZ. I love VZ, I used to work for VZ and I don't plan on switching.

    The reason why it benefits me to stay with VZ is that I have them for my phone, internet and tv..and the billing plans work well with all of them on one bill. On top of my personal reasons (working for them)...as noted I have billing and technical reasoning...my wife has an iphone 4 and ipad and VZ FIOS apps stream to them. So there a lot of reasons for me to stay with them.

    I understand most users here love Sprint....but sprint doesn't have the internet or tv part of it. They are simply a cell carrier.....they offer better price points but aside from that i cant understand why the loyal dedication on these boards.

    So my question is why do so many webos fans scream that the Pre3 and such need to make it to Sprint. Sprint has not supported webos since its launch and they dont really have much else to offer over VZ except maybe better price points.

    If you love webos so much...why not just switch to VZ....sprint doesn't seem to be doing much to support WEBOS....why the dedication?
  2. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #2  
    Pretty sure for most people it's because Sprint has cheaper monthly rates than Verizon.

    Just as a side note, I don't think anyone touting Verizon should complain about Sprint not supporting webos. Sure, Verizon may have carried the newer models of phones while Sprint didn't, but that's all Verizon did was list the phone in their inventory system. They never tried to sell it.
  3. sj4231#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Pretty sure for most people it's because Sprint has cheaper monthly rates than Verizon.

    Just as a side note, I don't think anyone touting Verizon should complain about Sprint not supporting webos. Sure, Verizon may have carried the newer models of phones while Sprint didn't, but that's all Verizon did was list the phone in their inventory system. They never tried to sell it.
    +1
    I used to believe in HP
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Pretty sure for most people it's because Sprint has cheaper monthly rates than Verizon.

    Just as a side note, I don't think anyone touting Verizon should complain about Sprint not supporting webos. Sure, Verizon may have carried the newer models of phones while Sprint didn't, but that's all Verizon did was list the phone in their inventory system. They never tried to sell it.
    That may be true...but in reality WebOs isn't viewed as a flagship phone for any of its carriers (VZ, Sprint or ATT) and no carrier puts much advertising into phones that are not Flagship.

    Sprint advertised the Pre only when it was considered flagship. And we all know how that worked out.

    So what im saying is nobody is really better than anyone else in the advertising boat and i know HP knows that they will be doing all of the heavy lifting.
  5. #5  
    I honestly don't think Sprint is going to miss out on a webOS device. If it's not the Pre 3 it's going to be some other exclusive. HP is a huge company, they aren't going to be dumb about it.

    webOS is going to be abundant on every carrier, they are just now getting timings down. It's not even been a year. They will have cycles just like all the other types of phones out there.
    Sprint Love
  6. #6  
    I KNOW that sprint will get a device.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

    If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  7. #7  
    since when has verizon bundled there fios with there cell carrier????
  8. crg28's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    I KNOW that sprint will get a device.
    Just not a "WEBOS" device... :-)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Just not a "WEBOS" device... :-)
    lol i meant a webOS device.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

    If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  10. corpx's Avatar
    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'll believe it when I see it (Sprint Pre3). Though time is quickly running out on my Pre- and I'm about to be an android convert.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    since when has verizon bundled there fios with there cell carrier????
    Its called ONE BILL...and they get you all your VZ servies on it....and yopu get discounts on your cell plans.

    On top of that you get 2 FIOS apps for IOS and ANDROID...one is for the DVR and one is a remote control

    They are also releasing a streaming app for IPAD
  12. #12  
    I've been with Sprint since 2002, the service is great, the prices are great, plans have Unlimited data, & I enjoy a 27% discount. I don't plan on leaving Sprint. More than likely Sprint will get a new webOS phone, I can't see them terminating their relationship with Palm/HP because of one bad phone.

    I don't know if people can recall the HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1), it was a phone that had big issues and had a return rate probably comparable to the Pre. It was so bad that when the TouchPro 2 was released, all you had to do was call Sprint, tell them "my phone is messed up I have a TouchPro" & they just gave you the TouchPro 2 as the replacement without even verifying it. It was bad, but it didn't stop Sprint from carrying the TouchPro 2 & future HTC phones.

    For this reason I'm confident Sprint will get another webOS phone, I just hope it is the Pre 3. If not a majority of Sprint webOS users will either upgrade to Android phones or jump carriers. 2 years is a long wait for new hardware.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it (Sprint Pre3). Though time is quickly running out on my Pre- and I'm about to be an android convert.
    Corpx...your the perfect person to ask....because theres so many like you....why switch to Android over switching to VZ for a Pre3? your on a webos board so im assuming your a huge fan....so why is VZ a dirtier word than android???
  14. #14  
    by the time we find out if sprint will get a WebOs device the price of the pre2 will have dropped and I will just sprintify it..can't stop what can't be stopped..can't kill what can't be killed....Cube said that
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I've been with Sprint since 2002, the service is great, the prices are great, plans have Unlimited data, & I enjoy a 27% discount. I don't plan on leaving Sprint. More than likely Sprint will get a new webOS phone, I can't see them terminating their relationship with Palm/HP because of one bad phone.

    I don't know if people can recall the HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1), it was a phone that had big issues and had a return rate probably comparable to the Pre. It was so bad that when the TouchPro 2 was released, all you had to do was call Sprint, tell them "my phone is messed up I have a TouchPro" & they just gave you the TouchPro 2 as the replacement without even verifying it. It was bad, but it didn't stop Sprint from carrying the TouchPro 2 & future HTC phones.

    For this reason I'm confident Sprint will get another webOS phone, I just hope it is the Pre 3. If not a majority of Sprint webOS users will either upgrade to Android phones or jump carriers. 2 years is a long wait for new hardware.
    This appears to be a fair answer...they did right by you so you are going to do the same for them....on top of the plans and service etc....so question is if your pre minus tanks and your faced with android or switch carriers...what do you do?
  16. #16  
    @spork141....i see interesting...but we have the DVR on webos...the remote sounds cool
  17. #17  
    right now I have a pixi for a back-up device to hold me over case my pre- gets sick...can't say the big D word
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    I know I'm the minority on this board. I'm a pre plus user on VZ. I love VZ, I used to work for VZ and I don't plan on switching.

    The reason why it benefits me to stay with VZ is that I have them for my phone, internet and tv..and the billing plans work well with all of them on one bill. On top of my personal reasons (working for them)...as noted I have billing and technical reasoning...my wife has an iphone 4 and ipad and VZ FIOS apps stream to them. So there a lot of reasons for me to stay with them.

    I understand most users here love Sprint....but sprint doesn't have the internet or tv part of it. They are simply a cell carrier.....they offer better price points but aside from that i cant understand why the loyal dedication on these boards.

    So my question is why do so many webos fans scream that the Pre3 and such need to make it to Sprint. Sprint has not supported webos since its launch and they dont really have much else to offer over VZ except maybe better price points.

    If you love webos so much...why not just switch to VZ....sprint doesn't seem to be doing much to support WEBOS....why the dedication?
    That's great that you have a the TV & cell part for you. I don't need that (especially since my experience with VZ customer support has been terrible).

    Sprint does have the better plans and price points. And yes, it's that simple. The monthly service price IS everything. I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and I've always had great service (even through the rough customer service years). I also get 25% off monthly service.

    Now, should Sprint decide to not carry a WebOS device, that will be a bridge that will need crossing once it happens. If I did leave Sprint, I'd probably give iOS on AT&T a shot. Either way, I'd rather go back to a non-smartphone than get Android.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    I know I'm the minority on this board. I'm a pre plus user on VZ. I love VZ, I used to work for VZ and I don't plan on switching.

    The reason why it benefits me to stay with VZ is that I have them for my phone, internet and tv..and the billing plans work well with all of them on one bill. On top of my personal reasons (working for them)...as noted I have billing and technical reasoning...my wife has an iphone 4 and ipad and VZ FIOS apps stream to them. So there a lot of reasons for me to stay with them.

    I understand most users here love Sprint....but sprint doesn't have the internet or tv part of it. They are simply a cell carrier.....they offer better price points but aside from that i cant understand why the loyal dedication on these boards.

    So my question is why do so many webos fans scream that the Pre3 and such need to make it to Sprint. Sprint has not supported webos since its launch and they dont really have much else to offer over VZ except maybe better price points.

    If you love webos so much...why not just switch to VZ....sprint doesn't seem to be doing much to support WEBOS....why the dedication?
    You underestimate the appeal of lower rates. A lot of people don't want to pay a lot for a service -- especially when they, rightly or wrongly, perceive that the company which offers that services loves to nickel and dime people to death. Then there is a certain level of FUD which builds up when you see shenanigans like the aGPS issue with the Pre Plus and long delays for OTA updates on Verizon. Finally, Verizon's TV and Internet services are irrelevant to me because they are not available in my area. (If they were and offered competitive rates, I'd probably jump on them given my troubles with AT&T and Comcast.)
  20. #20  
    Because Sprint gives me, for $97/mo, what it would cost $126/mo for on VZW.

    Don't get me wrong; I've been heavily considering a move anyway, as my contract's up and I may follow the Pre3 to VZW, but I'm also concerned about the GPS crippling and still miffed about the generally passe attitude of VZW toward webOS.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions