Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Another Pre 3 at the FCC, coming to Verizon for you and me? -- Engadget

Apparently the model number ends with a "V" and that other verizon phones have this ending. So does this mean that the Pre3 that just passed FCC is going to be a vzw model only?

Did the pre+ end with a "v" while the pre- not?

HSTNH-F30CV is the model number
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I hope you're not right!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    I hope you're not right!
    me too dude, me too....
    Can anyone with Verizon Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre2 confirm their model numbers?
    1) That appears to be very weak evidence

2) Does a phone maker have to get each iteration of its phone passed on FCC? In other words, wouldn't a specific phone get passed and then any carrier that uses THAT exact phone be free to do so (and use its own model number)?

Therefore, it seems to me that HP would only need to get any ONE of these specific units passed (and it matters not which one). After getting the okay, they can manufacture all EXACT types for any carrier that uses that type. Only changing the specific model numbers (not the equipment, etc).

Is that incorrect?
    According to the Engadget article, the ATT pre3 model # was HSTNH-F30CN when it went thru the FCC process. If the "V" does indicate Verizon, wouldn't the ATT model end in "A", not "N"?
    My Pre- # doesn't end in a "S" but I do believe there is something true to this rumor. It's been almost 2 years since the Pre debuted on Sprint. I don't think there are that many folks still using a Pre on Sprint. At least not enough to make HP and Sprint notice. It just makes sense for HP to get their fledgling platform onto the biggest carriers first. Eventually they'll get something to Sprint but it will be too late to retain the few but loud launch day users left.
    How about you guys wait until the one with Sprint bands passes?
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    How about you guys wait until the one with Sprint bands passes?
    That IS this one
    yeah I saw that article too, and they are the only ones thinking the V means VZ. I would wait until a carrier steps up and conferms this, not again stick to rumors or someones opinions. Remeber the first FCC the Pre 3 GSM only, everyone thought that was the Pre 3, and no other one with CDMA bands were coming. As you can see that was wrong too, so just wait for the annoucements.
    Per the FCC: it seems like there is a ATT version of the Pre3. And it seems like there will be a CDMA version. That does not sound like an exclusive deal for the Pre3 to me.

And so long as there is no exclusive deal on the Pre3, if I were Sprint, I would want to be in on it from the start.

/speculation
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Meh, not surprised. I've put down my palm pre for the nexus s 4g till hp gets there stuff together with sprint. If there ever is a webos phone on sprint, I will be back somepoint. I've noticed quite alot of little things that webos does better.
    I am getting tired of Sprint's horid signal at many of the places I frequent and am looking to maybe jump to Verizon in August so I'm not too worried about which company gets it. Heck, at work, sitting at my desk, at any given point in the day I could have 1 or 5 bars. It seems if I want to use the phone, I have 1 bar.
    Poor Sprint! Looks like I will be heading back to Verizon! As much as I do not want too. Time shall tell! Only 2 months or so to go!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    heres a interview BGR did with Sprints Product developer, he stated the obvious about the Google relationship, as well as stating they support the idea of trying new things, and other OS's. Though this stuck out to me, on the process they and other carriers do to consider carring a device:

I mean typically the way carriers pick a phone is you sit down with an OEM partner and you’d see a portfolio and do RFPs and get some kind of requirements out there. Then the OEMs would delver to you a model and then you’d evaluate it, and then at that point you’d agree on a price and a volume and some colors and things like that and get it out to market.

BGR Interview: Sprint’s VP of Product Development, Fared Adib | BGR
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I am getting tired of Sprint's horid signal at many of the places I frequent and am looking to maybe jump to Verizon in August so I'm not too worried about which company gets it. Heck, at work, sitting at my desk, at any given point in the day I could have 1 or 5 bars. It seems if I want to use the phone, I have 1 bar.
    You obviously need to frequent different bars...
    N=Nynex?

Quote Originally Posted by axoneill View Post
    Can anyone with Verizon Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre2 confirm their model numbers?
    Pulling the battery off of my VZW Pre+ I see: "MODEL P101EWW"

Also: "FCC ID: O8F-CASC: 3905A-CASC"

When running, under Device Info it says "Model P101EWW" as on the back.

I don't see a "V" anywhere.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Maybe it's really P101EVVVV
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    each carrier getting their own phone att the mini in may and pre3 in june. verizon the pre 3 in july. Sprint the 4" slab 4g powerhouse but not till august. verizon the only one without an exclusive.then 7" tab in sept. You heard it here first.(just my guess)
    Last edited by drexaljim; 05/11/2011 at 11:31 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast