Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I will leave Sprint for any carrier that has the Pre 3. I'm still using the Pre - fully patched, overclocked and all that jazz. I will stick with WebOS for the rest of my life if they actually survive after the VEER/Pre 3 launch and marketing period. My Pre - is falling apart and I can't wait too much longer, but I don't want to go to Android or IOS. Not to mention paying an extra $30/month on another carrier would suck t nuts, but I guess it's worth it. Hey, its an extra dollar a day. I'll just get a small coffee at dunkin donuts and then make coffee at my job instead of my large regular dunkin coffee. There's the $1 per day right there! OR, just not be a cheap b-terd and just pay the dang $30 and not be a dorkfor buzzkill broferd.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by davim00 View Post
    From past trends, it looks like the letters at the end of these model numbers are nothing more than indicators of the type of communications radios being used. The former webOS phones had model numbers formatted with a "P" (for Palm), then a 3 digit number indicating the device model (such as "100" for the Pre-) and then a series of letters indicating the communication band(s) used ("EWW" for CDMA, "UNA" for North America GSM). These numbers also indicate the region the radios are designed for (phones for European bands had "UEU" at the end of the model numbers). I wouldn't be surprised if the Pre 3 launches on Verizon and Sprint that both model numbers end in "CV", just like both the Pre- and Pre+ ended in "EWW" for Sprint and Verizon, respectively.
    Folks on the "Now" network are hoping you are correct. Does anyone know Sprint's history regarding "CDMA/GSM world phones" like the Pre 3 world phone? Verizon has released several in the past, how about Sprint?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Just did a quick pricing check for both att & tmo on their unlimited plans with tethering. Tmo is cheaper

Correction - omitted comment below due to att tethering data plan, see breakdown.
    **This is the closest comparison I could make and they are essentially the same price, $.01 savings on tmo.
    The kicker, tmo caps data @ 2gb but sacrifices speed once limit has been met, att on the other hand will tack on an additional charge for every 1gb.**

For tmo:
    *Unlimited talk, text, data for 99.99 (79.99 limited time)
    • Unlimited Whenever Minutes®
    • Unlimited domestic messages (text, picture and video)
    • Unlimited Weekend minutes
    • Unlimited Weeknight minutes
    • Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile minutes
    • Unlimited data - including 2 GB of high speed data (after 2 GB, data speeds will be reduced for the remainder of that billing cycle)
    *tethering for 14.99

tmo total = 114.98 (not including activation/additional service & surcharge fees)

For att:
    *Nation Unlimited for 69.99
    • Unlimited Anytime Minutes
    • Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes
    • Unlimited Mobile to Mobile minutes
    *Unlimited Messaging for 20.00
    *DataPro 4GB for Smartphone Tethering includes 4GB for 45.00
    • If 4GB is exceeded, an additional 1GB is automatically added at a rate of $10 per 1GB. Unused data usage does not carry over. For HSPA+/4G SmartPhones ONLY. Also supports Mobile HotSpot Usage.

att total = 134.99 (not including activation/additional service & surcharge fees)
    Last edited by champiful; 05/11/2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: wrong info
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Folks on the "Now" network are hoping you are correct. Does anyone know Sprint's history regarding "CDMA/GSM world phones" like the Pre 3 world phone? Verizon has released several in the past, how about Sprint?
    Sprint has had quite a few too as well, such as some samsung phones, a lot of RIM blackberry's etc...
  5.    #45  
    Here you go:

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...dt_phones&ptn=

Required plans & add-ons

Sprint Worldwide Service
    Before you travel, contact Sprint to enable Sprint Worldwide international services. Call 1-888-226-7212, option 2. For a complete list of countries and Sprint Worldwide coverage areas, visit sprint.com/sww.
    Sprint is much better than tmo or att. I know there's wifi, but simultaneous voice and data for att and tmo networks is appealing. Their so called 4g is comparable to wifi b/g and saves much more battery life then lte or wimax, should the next webos device incorporate it. Much to consider for pre3.
    I did the "dan@palm" thing 2 days ago and got a call yesterday. I reiterated what I had said in my email, which was that I am eligible for an upgrade but will leave Sprint if they do not have a WebOS phone. The guy was very nice, clearly understood, said he had heard this before, stated that they have not announced any HP phones at this point, and then (and this I didn't like) suggested that Sprint has a great selection of current phones including the Evo. It really sounded like he didn't think they would be getting an HP phone, but that's just my interpretation. I told him that I had spent a fair amount of time with Android and I didn't like it and wasn't going to switch. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sprint took away my 12 months upgrade, I dont have any loyalty left for them now, so I can care less if they have pre3. I will just goto ATT.
    Have you called customer service? They reinstated mine ($69.99 plan since Pre launch) and they've done it for others. It's worth a shot if you haven't tried yet.

I think that Sprint needs to be blown out of the water to offer another webOS phone and they weren't with the Pre 3. I feel like anytime I'm in a Sprint store there is someone in there with a problem with their Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Have you called customer service? They reinstated mine ($69.99 plan since Pre launch) and they've done it for others. It's worth a shot if you haven't tried yet.

I think that Sprint needs to be blown out of the water to offer another webOS phone and they weren't with the Pre 3. I feel like anytime I'm in a Sprint store there is someone in there with a problem with their Pre.
    I see your point about that but the Pre and the Pre3 are entirely different phones, especially on the hw end. And of course the original Pre has problems with it. I'd have problems with a two year old phone that had quality issues from the start as well.

However, those types of issues didn't stop Sprint from offering the HTC and their "Pro" models which were utter junk (overheating, non-working touchscreens, etc). Hopefully, the fact that they picked up the Kyocera Echo (more junk with a gimmick) gives us hope that Sprint will pickup a new WebOS device.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I work in Menlo Park and ran into a board member from HP a while ago. It was the same day that the email from dan@sprint came out that said that Sprint had no plans of carrying an HP phone. I told them that I was pretty disapointed to hear that, but they looked pretty shocked to hear the news. That "shock" has been keeping me fairly certain that at the very least there were negotiations going on at the time, so I like to believe that something is coming.

BTW, I asked them if they had an HP phone, and their response was a laugh. I can't see how you expect people to be motivated to buy your product when your board thinks it's a joke... Just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Sprint got burned so bad by the Pre that i understand why they don't want the Pre3 and did not carry the Pre 2.....given that HP should step up and make it right with Sprint and their customers or else face losing the only loyal customer base they have.

We are guaranteed buyers and loyal customers, cutting us out is bad business for everyone.
    I wish they would announce for Verizon/AT&T only. So I can get on with my life and sadly leave this board until next renewal when maybe HP has that slab out.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I'm expecting the Pre 3 to only land at AT&T and Verizon.

Hopefully rumors are true and Sprint's getting a yet-to-be-revealed slab in August.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I see your point about that but the Pre and the Pre3 are entirely different phones, especially on the hw end. And of course the original Pre has problems with it. I'd have problems with a two year old phone that had quality issues from the start as well.

However, those types of issues didn't stop Sprint from offering the HTC and their "Pro" models which were utter junk (overheating, non-working touchscreens, etc). Hopefully, the fact that they picked up the Kyocera Echo (more junk with a gimmick) gives us hope that Sprint will pickup a new WebOS device.
    It's true that they are different phones but in appearance they are quite similar. I don't know much about the HTC models, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint said no to any slider phone from HP, which leaves the door open to a completely different beast (slab phone) that could never be confused with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I'm expecting the Pre 3 to only land at AT&T and Verizon.

Hopefully rumors are true and Sprint's getting a yet-to-be-revealed slab in August.
    Yeah, I feel like the evidence points towards this. It's sad, but if it'll give webOS the chance to succeed like it should, I'm all for it.

Now, as for the slate, I'm still a bit skeptical of it landing at Sprint. I just get the general vibe that Sprint is going all-in with Android (which is smart; it sells extremely well). Why try to fix something that is working? They don't really need a webOS device anymore; they have the EVO line, instead. After all, they just tied in their voice plans with Google Voice, which is fairly significant, if not buggy in its current implementation.

But we'll see. At least we have a June timeframe, instead of a "summer," or "coming soon."
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    The Pre3 models were filed using HP numbering conventions, unlike the Veer and all prior Palm devices...

The North American GSM Pre3 has an FCC ID of B94-HHF30CN.
    (Almost certainly bound for AT&T.)

The CDMA and global GSM Pre3 has an FCC ID of B94-HHF30CV.
    (Could be fully-functional on either Verizon or Sprint.)

So a quick tour down geek memory lane...

Look at one of the last pre-Palm smartphones from HP, the iPAQ 900, which carried an FCC ID of B94-HHI18C. Notice there is no "N" on the end, unlike with the AT&T Pre3 listed above. If I had to guess, I'd say that's because it supported a "non-North American" HSDPA band, in addition to the North American bands. If it had only supported the North American bands, I'd hazard a guess that it would have been numbered B94-HHI18CN.

Another couple of iPAQ devices, marketed as the iPAQ Voice Messenger, ran through the FCC with very similar numbering: B94-HHF20C and B94-HHF20C85. The only difference is that the former was only tested for GSM at 850 MHz (for carriers other than AT&T), while the latter was also tested for the UMTS at 850 MHz (for AT&T).

I don't recall there ever being a single iPAQ or Jornada device that utilized CDMA, so I'm not sure there's any way of knowing how HP would "number" a Sprint or Verizon device. There have been a few HTC devices that had a "CV" suffix that were actually designed to run on T-Mobile here in the United States and supported UMA. Obviously that isn't the case here, but maybe it's just an innocuous letter?

All that to say, who the heck knows (outside of HP and Sprint or Verizon)... I hope that "V" doesn't necessarily mean "Verizon Wireless," but perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    This was posted by markm2179 on Wed, 11 May 2011 12:03 am EDT
    and it looks like he's right. Doesn't really rule out Sprint but deff. confirms it's a Verizon Pre at the FCC.

"I looked through those documents and it looks like it will be a Verizon Pre 3.

Company: Palm

EUT Description: Nemo Verizon WP

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Try This link

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...=%27B94HHF30CV

Then go to the middle and click Test Report and go to Page 21. "
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Just did a quick pricing check for both att & tmo on their unlimited plans with tethering. Tmo is cheaper

Correction - omitted comment below due to att tethering data plan, see breakdown.
    **This is the closest comparison I could make and they are essentially the same price, $.01 savings on tmo.
    The kicker, tmo caps data @ 2gb but sacrifices speed once limit has been met, att on the other hand will tack on an additional charge for every 1gb.**

For tmo:
    *Unlimited talk, text, data for 99.99 (79.99 limited time)
    • Unlimited Whenever Minutes®
    • Unlimited domestic messages (text, picture and video)
    • Unlimited Weekend minutes
    • Unlimited Weeknight minutes
    • Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile minutes
    • Unlimited data - including 2 GB of high speed data (after 2 GB, data speeds will be reduced for the remainder of that billing cycle)
    *tethering for 14.99

tmo total = 114.98 (not including activation/additional service & surcharge fees)

For att:
    *Nation Unlimited for 69.99
    • Unlimited Anytime Minutes
    • Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes
    • Unlimited Mobile to Mobile minutes
    *Unlimited Messaging for 20.00
    *DataPro 4GB for Smartphone Tethering includes 4GB for 45.00
    • If 4GB is exceeded, an additional 1GB is automatically added at a rate of $10 per 1GB. Unused data usage does not carry over. For HSPA+/4G SmartPhones ONLY. Also supports Mobile HotSpot Usage.

att total = 134.99 (not including activation/additional service & surcharge fees)
    you do realize that you can get the 39.99 450 plan with unlimited mobile to any carrier with the $20 text plan right?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by emc350 View Post
    This was posted by markm2179 on Wed, 11 May 2011 12:03 am EDT
    and it looks like he's right. Doesn't really rule out Sprint but deff. confirms it's a Verizon Pre at the FCC.

"I looked through those documents and it looks like it will be a Verizon Pre 3.

Company: Palm

EUT Description: Nemo Verizon WP

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Try This link

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...=%27B94HHF30CV

Then go to the middle and click Test Report and go to Page 21. "
    THE F

But why "Company: Palm"?
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast