Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by axoneill View Post
    Can anyone with Verizon Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre2 confirm their model numbers?
    my Pre2 ends in WW
    Im surprised no one has figured this out yet

Now, its brother HSTNH-F30CV is seeking federal approval to ride CDMA (850 / 1900 MHz), UMTS (900 / 2100 MHz), and GSM (850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 MHz) wireless waves.

5 frequency bands.....5 = V roman numeral
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Im prepared to switch carriers for webOS if i have to...heck i did it for the Pre- im rockin now...
    Sprint took away my 12 months upgrade, I dont have any loyalty left for them now, so I can care less if they have pre3. I will just goto ATT.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres a interview BGR did with Sprints Product developer, he stated the obvious about the Google relationship, as well as stating they support the idea of trying new things, and other OS's. Though this stuck out to me, on the process they and other carriers do to consider carring a device:

I mean typically the way carriers pick a phone is you sit down with an OEM partner and you’d see a portfolio and do RFPs and get some kind of requirements out there. Then the OEMs would delver to you a model and then you’d evaluate it, and then at that point you’d agree on a price and a volume and some colors and things like that and get it out to market.

BGR Interview: Sprint’s VP of Product Development, Fared Adib | BGR
    Another important take away from the interview for us palm fans is:
    We also have a longstanding relationship with Palm / HP.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sprint took away my 12 months upgrade, I dont have any loyalty left for them now, so I can care less if they have pre3. I will just goto ATT.
    I just did a fresh price comparison between the big 3. Sprint remains cheaper than Verizon for my needs by about $30/month. ATT is now a non-started. Despite the fact that I could get a 25% discount through work, they now seem to offer nothing more than 2GB/month of data for non Blackberry phones, and that just won't cut it for me.

Think about how much data you use on your Pre now and see if you can live in ATT's allowance.
    Here is the unfortunate truth. HP pushed this CDMA version to both Sprint and Verizon, lets assume that Sprint somehow saw beyond android for a split second. Both carriers want this but like any other US carrier they both want exclusivity to it so now HP has to decide which carrier would saturate this phone better for the next 6 months. Verizon is just simply in a better position to do this with their much larger non-prepaid base as long as HP prods their store to push it as aggressively as they do with the Android variants.

Unless HP does what HTC does by making god-knows how many variants of the same thing to pass to individual carriers, we Sprint users are in a much longer wait than we want to wait. Nothing else would make me more happier than to be proven wrong here but current trends speak for themselves.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Don't Verizon and Sprint use the same CDMA frequencies? If so the only thing they'd need to change is the control ROM programming which wouldn't require another FCC pass.
    I've never had any cell phone service other than Sprint. We're talking years and years and years here. It's amazing to me that I'm considering changing carriers, but if webOS and Sprint aren't happening, I may just have to do that.
  10.    #30  
    So what does the "n" mean for the ATT verison and the "V" mean for the suppsosed sprint or vzw version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Don't Verizon and Sprint use the same CDMA frequencies? If so the only thing they'd need to change is the control ROM programming which wouldn't require another FCC pass.
    Technically they are the same and can be used on either carrier. The problem is these 2 carriers do not activate a phone with an ESN/IMEI not in their inventory. MetroPCS seems to be the only exception in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I've never had any cell phone service other than Sprint. We're talking years and years and years here. It's amazing to me that I'm considering changing carriers, but if webOS and Sprint aren't happening, I may just have to do that.
    Me too brother. Every day we are getting closer to that big decision.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Me too brother. Every day we are getting closer to that big decision.
    What makes it worse is the decision (for me, at least) is limited staying with Sprint and going (back) to VZW. With ATT now only offering 200MB and 2GB/month data plans, there's no way I can consider that. VZW may be expensive, but at least they still offer an unlimited data plan. I thought I could possibly live in the 4GB/month plan on ATT, but I don't see it offered anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    What makes it worse is the decision (for me, at least) is limited staying with Sprint and going (back) to VZW. With ATT now only offering 200MB and 2GB/month data plans, there's no way I can consider that. VZW may be expensive, but at least they still offer an unlimited data plan. I thought I could possibly live in the 4GB/month plan on ATT, but I don't see it offered anymore.
    Tell me about it. I left ATT long time ago cause of the many threatening letters they gave me for data usages and tried to squeeze in extra charges. Sure I get some emails from Sprint being "concerned" with my usage but nothing more and they let me use truly an unlimited amount of data.

Will tmo carry the pre3? That's the only other carrier I would definitely consider. I know their 4g, I'm sorry 3g+++ is pretty quick and their plans are attractive, better than att or verizon, although not as good as sprint though. Besides simultaneous voice and data on a non lte or wimax to kill battery, video chat on network, and recently added unlimited wifi calling. Oh, forgot, name I'd and voicemail to text T-Mobile leak divulges return of unlimited WiFi calls, may add Name ID and Voicemail-to-Text -- Engadget
    Technically they are the same and can be used on either carrier. The problem is these 2 carriers do not activate a phone with an ESN/IMEI not in their inventory. MetroPCS seems to be the only exception in the US.
    I know that. My only point was each CDMA carrier doesn't require another FCC submission. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Will tmo carry the pre3? That's the only other carrier I would definitely consider. I know their 4g, I'm sorry 3g+++ is pretty quick and their plans are attractive, better than att or verizon, although not as good as sprint though. Besides simultaneous voice and data on a non lte or wimax to kill battery, video chat on network, and recently added unlimited wifi calling. Oh, forgot, name I'd and voicemail to text T-Mobile leak divulges return of unlimited WiFi calls, may add Name ID and Voicemail-to-Text -- Engadget
    Don't worry, AT&T-mobile will carry the Pre 3.. After the merger is completed.....
    Here is the unfortunate truth. HP pushed this CDMA version to both Sprint and Verizon, lets assume that Sprint somehow saw beyond android for a split second. Both carriers want this but like any other US carrier they both want exclusivity to it so now HP has to decide which carrier would saturate this phone better for the next 6 months. Verizon is just simply in a better position to do this with their much larger non-prepaid base as long as HP prods their store to push it as aggressively as they do with the Android variants.

Unless HP does what HTC does by making god-knows how many variants of the same thing to pass to individual carriers, we Sprint users are in a much longer wait than we want to wait. Nothing else would make me more happier than to be proven wrong here but current trends speak for themselves.
    Source for this truth? From where I'm standing, and as an earlier poster noted, the Pre3 being on both ATT *and* either Sprint or VZW makes it seem pretty non-exclusive... No exclusive=no truth. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    According to the Engadget article, the ATT pre3 model # was HSTNH-F30CN when it went thru the FCC process. If the "V" does indicate Verizon, wouldn't the ATT model end in "A", not "N"?
    I'm convinced the "N" is for North America since the comms board is designed to use only 850 and 1900 MHz for 3G. Even if the first release is for AT&T (not confirmed by anyone yet), the same device with the same comms board can be used for later release on Rogers/Fido, Bell Canada GSM, and Telcel Mexico in North America.

Regarding the Pre 3 CDMA/GSM world phone model # ending in a "V", how many Sprint phones have been released as world phones with both CDMA and a GSM SIM card slot? Not many, if any at all. On the other hand Verizon has a history of releasing world phones with both CDMA and GSM 900-2100 compatability - hence the "V".

Sorry if this dissappoints the "Yellow" "Now" network subscribers reading this thread, but the Pre 3 looks like it may be initially released on one or more North American GSM carrier networks (sans TMO and Wind). Shortly thereafter the CDMA/GSM world phone will probably see the light of day on big "Red" .

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Verizon is phasing out their unlimited plans hence the Sprint ads advertising unlimited means unlimited and no throttling. Verizon will be tiered. T-Mobile has unlimited but they will throttle you after 2 gigs. Sprint will be the only network like this.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    From past trends, it looks like the letters at the end of these model numbers are nothing more than indicators of the type of communications radios being used. The former webOS phones had model numbers formatted with a "P" (for Palm), then a 3 digit number indicating the device model (such as "100" for the Pre-) and then a series of letters indicating the communication band(s) used ("EWW" for CDMA, "UNA" for North America GSM). These numbers also indicate the region the radios are designed for (phones for European bands had "UEU" at the end of the model numbers). I wouldn't be surprised if the Pre 3 launches on Verizon and Sprint that both model numbers end in "CV", just like both the Pre- and Pre+ ended in "EWW" for Sprint and Verizon, respectively.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast