Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    this is not the case. the HPalm devices get distributed via Brightstar in Germany/Europe, not via the regular HP channels. Maybe because brightstar is more a distributor for mobile devices, while the regular HP distributors are not (however, they don't sell the iPhone, but do sell the iPad - maybe this is similar with the Touchpad!?) .
    you're right:
    HP Palm readies B2B assault with Data Select and Brightstar | Mobile News Online

But this is also a distributor that reaches all sorts of regular enduser electronic shops. And that is much better than the nearly carrier-only distribution of the Pre-/Pre+ and the Palm.co.uk only distribution of the Pre2 (here in germany at least).
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Pay close attention if the offer in question includes VAT (German: Mehrwertsteuer or MWSt). And of course the shipping costs to the US: should be roughly 35 US-$
    Last edited by kulf; 05/11/2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    Pay close attention if the offer in question includes VAT (German: Mehrwertsteuer or MWSt). And of course the shipping costs to the US: should be roughly 35 US-$
    as already said, all the prices named in this thread include german VAT. The best price is 389eur including VAT, which is 327eur excluding VAT.

As these prices pop up on several not-related online-shops, I assume the <400eur-pricetag including Touchstone is true.

That's, what I call HPs SCALE!
    well beware the <400Eur pricetag for Pre3 is mainly for non-retailer shops (Nicht für Privatkunden).

And for the Pre3 there is only a charger mentioned (not Touchstone): Palm Handy HP Pre3/schwarz / inkl. Headset und Ladegerät, FB435AA#ABD

Touchstone was only with the Veer: Palm Handy HP Veer/schwarz/inkl. HP Touchstone (induktives Ladegerät) und Headset FB348AA#ABD
    Hmmm... why does it say "without additional memory card" and give an option to add something that won't work with the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Steckenborn Online-Shop

389 Eur here...

With that price-tag in germany, the device would be a NO-BRAINER! Selling like crazy!
    Steckenborn also has listed the black Veer w/ touchstone at 301.40 Euros!
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    yeah i do see it stated with additional memory up to 32 gigs? funny if they decided to add a micro SD slot.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Spoke with the Brightstar distributor here in Sweden and according to them it wouldnt be available here until sometime during the fall.

I could get a german QWERTZ but not sure I dare taking that route again.
    If for some kind of strange reason the launch in Sweden will be delayed or cancelled I will once again have a "Super Device" but no App Catalog access.

I know I want a Pre3 but maybe the wisest thing is to sit this out for some time and continue using the old Pre until I know more. Its the sensible boring way and I will have a hard time sticking to that once the Pre3 is launched in Germany. =)
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Hummm... while this, nothing to ROW...

Well, If the HP don't begin to sell webOS to rest of the world, I seeing other chance wasted...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hummm... while this, nothing to ROW...

Well, If the HP don't begin to sell webOS to rest of the world, I seeing other chance wasted...

Best Regards...
    Its usually like this with HP, the launch a computer model like the Envy in some countries at the start of summer and other countries not until the fall. Seems like it could be the same with the Pre3 even though they wont have localized keyboards like the computers.
    Oh man. This sucks! I hope HP delays the Pre3 until the end of September xD I have to write my master thesis, not play with a new mobile! ********* *lol*
    Another find: Mitasworld Onlineshop - Nicht klassierte Produkte
    They say available June 14.
    Hmmm, I am American, but I plan to be in Germany this summer. Could I buy one there and not activate it until I get home, and get access to the US apps catalog and US carriers? At that price, I definitely want one. (If I can use it in the US.)
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Hmmm, I am American, but I plan to be in Germany this summer. Could I buy one there and not activate it until I get home, and get access to the US apps catalog and US carriers? At that price, I definitely want one. (If I can use it in the US.)
    Yes, but it won't support the AT&T 3G frequencies.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    Yes, but it won't support the AT&T 3G frequencies.
    And probably not Verizon/Sprint, either. Hmmm, I guess I have to wait for the US release.
    from the german webos-blog: German MSRP is Pre 3 for 450 € - Veer for 400 €
    which correlates with the prices in the shops mentioned above:

Google Translate: MSRP is Pre 3 for 450 € - Veer for 400 €
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Aint it a bit odd that its just the German QWERTZ-version that got a delivery date?

Ive seen Expansys list the European QWERTY version for pre-ordering but without a expected deliver date. Maybe the US nicked all them QWERTY-keyboards so we are in for a long wait for a EU QWERTY Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    And probably not Verizon/Sprint, either. Hmmm, I guess I have to wait for the US release.
    Scratch the probably. In Europe all carriers use GSM. If the GSM Pre3 was Quadband you would be able to use it in AT&T's network. Sprint and VZW are CDMA and consequently the GSM Pre3 does not work in their networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Aint it a bit odd that its just the German QWERTZ-version that got a delivery date?

Ive seen Expansys list the European QWERTY version for pre-ordering but without a expected deliver date. Maybe the US nicked all them QWERTY-keyboards so we are in for a long wait for a EU QWERTY Pre3?
    That is imho the most likely explanation for this.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    sehr schön, könnte ich wieder nach Hause gehen nach Deutschland und bekommen mir ein Pre3

very nice, i might have to go back home to germany and get
    me a Pre3
    Duetschland Uber Alles
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast