Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    The CDMA Pre3 is now in the FCC database!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Woot! Thanks.
    Nice!
    This is great news!

If they offer a free Pre 3 to legacy users, then that would mean I'll have a like new Pre Plus, a like new Pre 2, and a brand new Pre 3!!!!! lmao!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

anybody able to chime in on what a typical turnaround time would be from FCC to release? Is there a typical?
    When the GSM only version was found in the FCC, I pretty much was loosing hope that it would come to Sprint (at least anytime soon). Now a little hope has been restored, although now that I have a Sprint Pre2, I don't mind waiting a little longer.

-Skippy
    So I noticed that the 3G UMTS bands are 900 Mhz and 2100 Mhz. So this obviously won't work on AT&T's network, but T-Mobile's 3G network used the 1700 Mhz/2100 Mhz spectrum, so will this pick up T-Mobile 3G in the 2100 Mhz spectrum?
    From PreCentral front page:
    "The UMTS frequencies are 900 MHz and 2100 MHz, which are the bands supported by pretty much every GSM network in the world, save AT&T. "

Also:
    New HP Pre 3 hits the FCC with world phone capabilities, including CDMA, EvDO, GSM support |

The HP Pre 3 first hit the FCC back in April with support for GSM 850/1900 and WCDMA bands II and V. At the time, the device looked like it would only be released for AT&T in the United States, but today a new version of the Pre 3 hit the FCC, this time with broad support for CDMA/EvDO bands 850/1900, GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900, and UMTS bands 900/2100, pictured above.

This version of the Pre 3 is known as the HSTNH-F30CV, and based on previous leaks (thanks Pre Central) we’re guessing that the device will be headed to Verizon. Additionally, support for CDMA/EvDO, GSM and UMTS standards means you’ll be able to use this version of the Pre 3 pretty much anywhere in the world.

Verizon still hasn’t officially announced the Pre 3, but based on today’s FCC filing it looks like the device should be unveiled soon. Verizon already has a solid stable of world phones, including Android and BlackBerry devices. The Pre 3 world phone will be a welcome addition to Verizon’s global lineup.
    <<stickied>>
    Just call me Berd.
    I was worried that the Veer would be soaking up all the news for the next few weeks. Nice timing on this FCC application, as well as the "June" rumor mentioned on the P|C front page.

That said, VZW is notoriously tough on their phones during carrier testing, and often delays releases, so let's not all get carried away. This thing could still launch on September 20th.
    So...the lack of any sort of 4G-related talk in this filing means no 4G radios? Or can those be somehow added later., but before the phone hits the market?
    It was always announced as 3G, from my understanding.
    My guess is the 4G devices will be announced next year or late this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    So I noticed that the 3G UMTS bands are 900 Mhz and 2100 Mhz. So this obviously won't work on AT&T's network, but T-Mobile's 3G network used the 1700 Mhz/2100 Mhz spectrum, so will this pick up T-Mobile 3G in the 2100 Mhz spectrum?
    You should check with TMO because it is my understanding a majority of their cell sites are set up to use the 1700 AWS band for 3G (and their fake 4G). They do have some sites using the 2100 band for just straight 3G so that would mean 2100 3G coverage is limited and location specific.

Once again, I recommend that you check with TMO - if you do, please report back here with updated info for us.

P. S. I know I didn't offer much help or definate answer - What a crummy 1000th post for me ..... arragh ...
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/10/2011 at 06:37 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    Most of these CDMA 'world phones' are set up this way. You are tied to a CDMA carrier in the states, but can activate the GSM features when traveling. This is why there's a separate GSM version also through the FCC, for AT&T.

Whether you can get this phone, unlock it, and use the T-Mobile frequency (and whether that would provide good coverage with just 1 band) is beyond even my pretend knowledge
    Clearly this phone was designed for a CDMA carrier with international plans in mind. I did verify with Sprint that they still have the international plans with hybrid phones, though not many, so this is a good sign for the early adopters looking for upgrade.

It is odd that both carriers are still being quiet about this phone so maybe HP is releasing this as an unbranded CDMA, then with this though will VZW and Sprint activate unbranded devices?

Who cares about 4G, its a very bad joke on mobile devices for the next year or so.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    If this is the same phone as the one on the homepage then I believe this phone is coming to verizon. Seeing as they have been providing world phones lately.
    As long as Verizon doesn't have an exclusive on the Pre 3 I don't see why Sprint would pick it up. Note that the TouchPad will allegedly precede the Pre 3's release. So that means maybe a late June/early July release?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    The touchpad will be wifi-only (and maybe the 3G version that runs on the new HP data plan). I'll bet the Pre3 comes to carriers before the TouchPad comes to carriers.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    We've still to get 3 more devices for this year. Remember? "We plan to announce a device for every 2 months of the year". We have 3 so far.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    We've still to get 3 more devices for this year. Remember? "We plan to announce a device for every 2 months of the year". We have 3 so far.
    Well, they can cheat this if they need to:

1. Pre 2 GSM
    2. Pre 2 CDMA
    3. Veer GSM
    4. Pre 3 GSM
    5. Pre 3 GSM/CDMA
    6. TouchPad
    mehigh likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast