Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Interestingly enough, the CDMA Pre 3 does support US GSM frequencies. Usually in a CDMA world phone, you will see only the overseas GSM frequencies. There is a chance it could work on AT&T or T-Mobile.
    Only in 2G form.
    I hope I'm wrong on this, but my instinct tells me that the Pre 3 will be available for Verizon exclusively and later on as a GSM unlocked from the HP website. Sucks to see exclusives locked to one carrier. I hope I'm wrong because of all carriers Verizon is the only carrier that I would never go back.
    when pre3 launch is beginning of sept with wimax
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    It was always announced as 3G, from my understanding.
    My guess is the 4G devices will be announced next year or late this year.
    That sucks. The best part about 4G is being able to send data while you are on a voice call. I don't know if I want to give that capability up for a Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1212 View Post
    That sucks. The best part about 4G is being able to send data while you are on a voice call. I don't know if I want to give that capability up for a Pre 3.
    Does that apply to the current Sprint 4G phones?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    CDMA can't use data and voice simultaneously. Sprint devices with 4G (EVO), from my understanding, cannot because Sprint doesn't allow it (mainly because their towers don't support it). And the devices needs to have SVDO (simul. voice+data), two radios. But theoretically, it can.
    Sprint as I read once, was actually working on EVDV (voice and data), but bailed because of cost restrictions, and their cdma cousin was doing EVDO (cheaper, and they could share the existing infrastructure). In time, they moved frequencies from PCS (better bandwidth IMHO), to EVDO's, and the rest as they say, is history. LTE, because it's more akin to GSM, should result in worldphones for everyone, yes? Btw I keep reading that most current 2.5G and 3G GSM phones can do data and voice at same time because GSM is radio and HSPA/UTMS is quasi CDMA for data . This means the things have 2 radios in them, right? I may be oversimplifying... I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong, LOL
    Last edited by copasetic; 07/04/2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: My Pre's e keeeey won't work right so I kep gtting typos...
    Quote Originally Posted by preebie View Post
    Does that apply to the current Sprint 4G phones?
    I don't know about Sprint but through Verizon's LTE 4G, I can send e-mails, browse the internet and send texts while being on a voice call. It's a very convenient thing to have.

Anyway it looks like I'm going to be waiting for a 4G keyboard phone for a while. There is nothing coming out on Verizon in the near future that has 4G and a physical keyboard anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axthereo View Post
    CDMA can't use data and voice simultaneously. Sprint devices with 4G (EVO), from my understanding, cannot because Sprint doesn't allow it (mainly because their towers don't support it). And the devices needs to have SVDO (simul. voice+data), two radios. But theoretically, it can.
    This is not true. Sprint devices with 4G radios can do voice and data at the same time as long as a 4G connection is available. The wimax radio is separate from the cdma voice radio.

Your post is correct for non-4G devices, ie. sprint 3G devices do not support the capability for voice and data at the same time (unless data is over wifi).
    恩,我觉得的不错。但是 hp公司貌似不重视中国市场!
    我希望惠普可以学习如何重要中国。 :)
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    我希望惠普可以学习如何重要中国。 :)
    WT?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

中国已经拥有一个触摸板,由汉王。我想他们不需要惠普。
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    WT?
    Me too. Then Google Translator helped.

1st one said: I hope HP can learn how important China's market is.
    2nd one said: I think it's good, but HP does not attach importance to China.
    3rd one came in: China already has a knock off of the Touchpad by HW.
    NNJ
    why the Chinese?
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsl95 View Post
    恩,我觉得的不错。但是 hp公司貌似不重视中国市场!
    It's same US centric Palm philosophy rapidly infecting HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    It's same US centric Palm philosophy rapidly infecting HP.
    ...the only place that there are whispers about the Pre3 is in EU and the Pre2 was exclusive to France for flippin months. Maybe it is just hard to run an international business...ever think of that. We all know that the Chinese govt is the easiest to get along with so maybe you are right.
    Let's see. China gave trademark rights for the moniker "TouchPad" to a Chinese company, Huawei, well after the fact that HP said it had plans to sell its own TouchPad in China.

If I were HP, I might see that as China telling me to **** off, and I might be inclined to take their suggestion.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    ...the only place that there are whispers about the Pre3 is in EU and the Pre2 was exclusive to France for flippin months. Maybe it is just hard to run an international business...ever think of that. We all know that the Chinese govt is the easiest to get along with so maybe you are right.
    If recent US launches were labeled as soft-launches, than Pre2 Euro launch could be labeled as discreet-launch with insane price. Seems that Pre3 is getting more realistic price than Pre2 had, but we have to wait to see what treatment Euro market would get from HP. For now, I'm far from impressed. I thought if someone could manage multiple campaigns in different countries that must be HP.
    Chinese and Russian markets are extremely lucrative in such extent that some companies are making special models dedicated for that market.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234