• Yes

15 30.61%
  • No

12 24.49%
  • Can't tell just yet...will in the coming months

22 44.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I the only one that's even now LESS impressed with HP/PALM after supposedly a leak that's suppose to entice me? That picture looks like a junky camera with blur/noise and nowhere on the level of the iphone 4 or epic 4g(my hold over device which i admit takes AMAZING photos and has a great AMOLED
    I think the mirror he shot it into looks like crap, and nobody in their right mind would judge based on that...

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

It's a drumhead, by the way. Not a highly polished mirror. So given the circumstances, it looks like somebody's patio, outside. You can almost see the fingerprints on the skin itself. Not a good picture to judge from. You know it'll be better than a Pre-, and sometimes you can get a good shot with those.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Lol, good catch sledge I see the drumhead now.

I think that was the whole point of releasing this particular picture, so nobody would be able to judge the camera because of the dirty drumhead...
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

it was intended to stir curiosity by offering just enough blurry-cam to make us look twice. If the OP looks at his reflection in the face of a kick drum, he won't look any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Lol, good catch sledge I see the drumhead now.

I think that was the whole point of releasing this particular picture, so nobody would be able to judge the camera because of the dirty drumhead...
    mentioned in the original release of the picture
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Yes, you are the only one. Get over it.
    Hmm... a picture taken which is reflected on the face of a semi-reflective drum set, outdoors, and you are complaining about the camera's quality?

I'm thinking.. just maybe.. your expectations for a smartphone camera, on any device, are a bit high.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I say too hard to tell. It might just be an outdoor reflection off a grimy surface.

I'm easy to please though so even if it is a bad pic, I'll still get one. I don't pick my cell phone based on which one takes the best pictures. I'm thrilled to upgrade my Pre- to the same form factor but with twice the ram, almost triple the MHz, updated OS, and bigger screen with higher resolution.
    what's more concerning is, given his hand placement (nowhere near the screen of the phone), there looks to be some serious lag between the time he touched the screen to take the pic and the actual time the pic was captured...
    OMG, do we really think there is ANYTHING about that picture that indicates it could be used to judge the quality of the camera? Could it have been obscured on purpose? Photo-shopped? Taken during a partial eclipse?

seriously, the negativity today is breathtaking.

seriously...

seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    OMG, do we really think there is ANYTHING about that picture that indicates it could be used to judge the quality of the camera? Could it have been obscured on purpose? Photo-shopped? Taken during a partial eclipse?

seriously, the negativity today is breathtaking.

seriously...

seriously...
    LMAO

[QUOTE=gut46;2958568][IMG]http://m.forums.precentral.net/ but stilll...look at the outline of the drum. Here's a sample of my epic 4g 5mp camera..... the shot with the pre3 is more like the htc arrive..washed out and dull looking

[IMG]

please follow forum guidelines before posting giant pictures.
  14.    #14  
    you act like i'm trashing it. I'm just curious. and yes, i do think it indicates the quality. I wouldn't post a picture of myself and say "oh that's not how i look it's a reflection in a dirty mirror" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    what's more concerning is, given his hand placement (nowhere near the screen of the phone), there looks to be some serious lag between the time he touched the screen to take the pic and the actual time the pic was captured...
    say what?
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    you act like i'm trashing it. I'm just curious. and yes, i do think it indicates the quality. I wouldn't post a picture of myself and say "oh that's not how i look it's a reflection in a dirty mirror" lol
    The picture is like 400 x 600... I can take a SLR picture of myself in a similar mirror or drumkit or whatever reflective surface and downsize it to 400 x 600 and I promise you it would look similar if not exactly the same as the posted picture.......

Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    Unless you were in the witness protection program where posting anything useful would get you killed. It's purposeful blurry-cam teasing. If he posted anything useful, he'd get fired. They have a media department that posts professional pictures and information. And it wasn't a leak. He purposely posted that on Twitter.

I know I'm crabby today, but when I see threads/polls like this I really hope no one from Palm is visiting the forums today. Palm really respects the members of P|C, but this is seriously not making us look like rocket scientists.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I think you may be missing some thumbs... To me it looks quite clear he could have pressed the shutter button with his thumb.
    lol, typical. Someone is complaining and the phone ain't even out yet.

ET
    here is an iphone pic. can't believe how bad it looks in a picture intended to show the crispness of the retina display:

Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast