• Yes

15 30.61%
  • No

12 24.49%
  • Can't tell just yet...will in the coming months

22 44.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    here is an iphone pic. can't believe how bad it looks in a picture intended to show the crispness of the retina display:
    That's clearly photoshopped. I can tell from some of the pixels, and I've seen quite a few shopps' in my time.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    That's clearly photoshopped. I can tell from some of the pixels, and I've seen quite a few shopps' in my time.
    Actually, I just grabbed the pic from the Apple website and then reduced it from super-high quality to about the same resolution as that horrible drum picture. And I did it Paint Shop Pro 4, which dates back to Windows98. I don't even own photo-shop. My point is that I could take a great pic and make it blurry. One of may reasons why the premise of this thread is crazy.

Sorry, it was a bad example of my dry sense of humor.
    I had a minor LOL at it Cantaffordit. Good effort! :P
    I had a lol too from it.. remember the shopped meme from wayyy back when..

This Looks Shopped | Know Your Meme

I think my delivery was a bit off. Gotta work on that.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I don't know where you grabbed that version from but the version of that photo that APPLE actually uses in their marketing is much better:
    Apple - iPhone 4 - Learn about the high-resolution Retina display

Was that from P|C's Apple site.....?
    Okay, clearly I need to learn to read the WHOLE thread.....

Your humor may be dry but any humor that actually catches people is Good Humor!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    LOL Lets judge the camera by how it looks in a distorted reflection
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    Am I the only one that's even now LESS impressed with HP/PALM after supposedly a leak that's suppose to entice me? That picture looks like a junky camera with blur/noise and nowhere on the level of the iphone 4 or epic 4g(my hold over device which i admit takes AMAZING photos and has a great AMOLED
    I have to agree with the OP. If you look at the border/rim of the drum it looks fuzzy (like what it would look like if you had taken a pic with a Pre-). Making the image would smaller would improve quality of the pic not the other way around. Unless if the pics was cropped and then the image size was increased.

_________

Actually, I just grabbed the pic from the Apple website and then reduced it from super-high quality to about the same resolution as that horrible drum picture. And I did it Paint Shop Pro 4, which dates back to Windows98. I don't even own photo-shop. My point is that I could take a great pic and make it blurry. One of may reasons why the premise of this thread is crazy.

Sorry, it was a bad example of my dry sense of humor.
    Iphone pic looks "pixelated" compared to the OP pic which is fuzzy/low quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    I think you may be missing some thumbs... To me it looks quite clear he could have pressed the shutter button with his thumb.
    i was thinking he could have taken it with his left thumb but then why is his right hand hovering above the phone like he just used it to take a pic? A pic that from the time he tapped the screen to the time the phone actually captured the image was laggy as all get out.
    say what?
    Look at his right hand (the hand hovering above the phone). He used his right hand to tap the screen to take the picture, which means the phone lagged in actually taking the picture because by the time it captured the image in question, richard was already moving his hand away from the screen (as evidenced by his hand no longer touching the screen by the time it was captured).
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Look at his right hand (the hand hovering above the phone). He used his right hand to tap the screen to take the picture, which means the phone lagged in actually taking the picture because by the time it captured the image in question, richard was already moving his hand away from the screen (as evidenced by his hand no longer touching the screen by the time it was captured).
    that's complete total BS, my pre 2 doesn't lag when taking a picture, it's obvious (to me anyways) that he used the thumb on his left hand or even his pinkie to tap either the screen or the keyboard....

Why are there so many people on here that are just trying to start trouble?

"Why so serious?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    that's complete total BS, my pre 2 doesn't lag when taking a picture, it's obvious (to me anyways) that he used the thumb on his left hand or even his pinkie to tap either the screen or the keyboard....
    ya because, you know,everyone awkwardly holds their hand above the phone while taking a picture...lag.
  14.    #34  
    i feel like we have a case of ******* of webos who would like to turn a blind eye a tad..or maybe go so far as to taint the competition. We all like webos, but that doesn't mean we should pat them on the back everytime they give us crumbs while the competitions bakes cakes
    Oh woe, oh woe.

webOS is dead, because Kerris didn't set up the photo just so, and took the picture on a whim and sent it on another whim. Just to stir curiosity!

Anyways, I'll take a photo of a drum head tomorrow and post it here with my DInc. I'll put some hand prints on it at first as well.
    isn't it also possible that he could have sent this through email or text and, therefore, could have been re-sized and distorted by whatever carrier it was sent to/from?
    ya because, you know,everyone awkwardly holds their hand above the phone while taking a picture...lag.
    maybe.. i can see that

isn't it also possible that he could have sent this through email or text and, therefore, could have been re-sized and distorted by whatever carrier it was sent to/from?
    it's a possibility! maybe he was using some official unknown twitter app, or something that resized it? who knows

18.    #38  
    take one with a pre-/+ aswell and you'll see they're pretty much the same as the pre3
    Has anyone realized how much these phones are probably manhandled without being cleaned? I say this because I have seen pictures like this on my old pre and realized how dirty the lens has gotten. Looking at the edge of the drum I believe this is very possible. Happens all the time with cellphones. Especially since the new lens is less indented which is a good and bad thing. I have an HTC arrive (mentioned in this thread somewhere) and with a clean lens in good lighting I get pretty good pictures. They do l0ok slightly washed but only if the light source is very strong which could also have been an issue
  20.    #40  
    sill waiting on those pictures lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12