Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am currently a Sprint Pre- user, since launch day. I will be moving to Vancouver in July. I was wondering if there are any rumors floating around about possible carriers for the Pre 3. I still love my Pre and am definitely planning on getting the Pre 3 and possibly the TouchPad.
    I spoke to a Bell rep yesterday, due to the really poor sales of the pre Bell will probably NOT handle the new phones. Rogers has done nothing with the pre 2, we never saw the pixi up here. So much to my chagrin, i will probably end up with the new BB touch and the playbook. Not my first choice, but i plain and simple can not afford to buy off contract and pay for my plan on top of that. Based on pricing i have seen on other phones, and touch pads, i can NOT afford to spend 1000 bucks on a phone and touch pad. My upgrade comes through in August, unless things change a lot by then, i will go to RIM. Besides, they seem to be doing pretty much what the touchpad and pre 3 or veer claim they can do. Plus i have actually used both the BB products.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    I agree with xForsaken about Bell.

My prediction would be Rogers, however, since Rogers is always fashionably late carrying products that are new, don't expect it any time soon.

Telus is pretty android crazy, however, maybe they will offer something different since their lineup is lacking. I remember that Telus was supposed to carry the Pixi originally, but, that never panned out.

So, not quite sure. I'm glad I went and got the Pre 2 when I did thou.
    Bell probably won't carry it, tho I wish they would as I would be nice for all of us who are on bell who still love there pre-. I can see telus carrying it, but as kjb86 said, they are android crazy. Rogers is the most likely candidate, but I don't see them supporting it as they haven't support the pre2
    Isent bell gsm like rogers so you can just unlock it like i did with an at&t pixi plus on rogers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Isent bell gsm like rogers so you can just unlock it like i did with an at&t pixi plus on rogers.
    bell, rogers and telus all have an hspa network now, yes.
    Vancouver also has 2 new (about a year old) very small carriers running on t-mobile bands.

Their coverage is terrible, but their deals are great.

You might want to start to following this site: MobileSyrup.com - Mobile News & Reviews for Canadians .. NOT a webos site, but a good general Canadian mobile site, and that keeps you up to date with promotions, network upgrades, and other deals. (no, it's not my site, nor do I know a single one of the site's employees)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    It feels like Bell couldn't give away the Pre minus.
    I'm still surprised they dropped a $50 standard smartphone plan to $35 if you take the Pre.

Like others have said though, I'm banking on Rogers to get it (which sucks, because I'm on Bell), but I could imagine Bell going for the slab phone if it came out. Generally, Bell gets the best phones (in my opinion). I expect them to get the Galaxy S2 before Telus / Robbers
    Sigh, I want Bell to get at least ONE webOS phone.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    +1 Bell..... AT LEAST ONE!!! Redeem yourselves from your sub-par customer service..... You can do it!
    I moved to Bell after nearly 9 years with Fido / Rogers simply because they decided to carry the Pre. I'm still on contract with Bell till 2012 but will gladly break contract and pay the ETF if one of the other carriers pick up the Pre 3 AND TouchPad. Otherwise, If someone sells an open line Pre3 or TouchPad, then I might stick with Bell.

Currently, I've an open line Pre2 running on Bell.

Getting back to topic, though, I haven't heard of any rumors. Just a "no" from a Bell store person.
    Bells execution of the Pre was nothing but downright embarrassing.

They thought they could just sell a random phone no one knew about like it was the iphone from apple and make a huge profit.

They didnt even train their staff on it. I went to replace my Pre with a $150 one recently, and while activating it I mentioned to the Bell rep how much I liked Foursquare.

His response was "what? you cant get apps on the Pre, its a dumbphone."

He also mentioned how he didnt like how Palm copied the Torch.

sigh....
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    +1 Bell..... AT LEAST ONE!!! Redeem yourselves from your sub-par customer service..... You can do it!
    You meen horrible customer service, all of them are a bunch of little snoot bags that you can tell by watching them that they really don't want to be helping you in the first place, and if any of you little snoot bags are reading this please take a little more care in your job!!!!!!! or go work at a farm or something so the public doesn't have to deal with you at all!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Bells execution of the Pre was nothing but downright embarrassing.

They thought they could just sell a random phone no one knew about like it was the iphone from apple and make a huge profit.

They didnt even train their staff on it. I went to replace my Pre with a $150 one recently, and while activating it I mentioned to the Bell rep how much I liked Foursquare.

His response was "what? you cant get apps on the Pre, its a dumbphone."

He also mentioned how he didnt like how Palm copied the Torch.

sigh....
    Like I said a bunch of little snoot bags and what age are these people starting to work at now because they seem to be maybe twelve or so at Bell!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    So I got a Pre the day it launched on Bell. Luckily, I was able to get on their unlimited data plan which they no longer have. I really hope they grab a new WebOS phone that I can use my upgrade on. I have switched to an unlocked Pre 2 on their GSM network so if not, I can always try to find an unlocked Pre 3 somewhere. I just don't want to give up my plan...
    I spoke to a person i know at Rogers, our version of the big red, but without the coverage, the only pre 2 they had was a dummy phone, this is just a whole 35 minutes east of Toronto. They gave me demographics song an dance. What a crock, im in sales, i know the demographics all to well. I could special order an unlocked pre 2 for 499 bucks, than wait three weeks, call their support people and get the rest unlocked.. than i could go to bell and get a sim card for about 5 bucks. Oh, ya, it will take about 2 weeks for them to get the phone here, and i have to "special order" the unit. In other words pay it all up front, and they might be able to find one that they can ship me.
    Saying that, why in the world would i buy a phone that wont work with the new touch pad??
    ps, she doubted very much if they would carry any palm/hp phones, but would happly sell me a iphone.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Anytime I speak to store reps about WebOS, they have no clue what I'm talking about. This has happened to me at "The Source" about the Pre minus and a rogers store about the Pre 2.
    Yeah I also have the unlimited data plan with Bell. Going to be a hard decision if they don't carry HP. I still have about 14 months left in my contract.
    HP really needs to advertise in Canada. Everyone I know doesn't have a CLUE what webOS is.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Honestly, I have the Pre- on Bell and several of my family also have plans with Bell and I never EVER want to deal with them again once my contract is up. Sister broke her phone tried to use the replacement plan (costs 7 a month) due to their network change over and the fact that her phone wasnt carried anymore it took more than 6 months to get a new phone. She's now on Rogers.

As for me myself and the rest of my family on Bell, we have more dropped calls than people I know on ATT. Their new network may be better but that doesnt make me feel any better. I also have seen full page ads in newspapers saying anyone but Bell. I'm hoping Rogers gets it so I can jump ship.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast