Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1. If pre3 on rogers I jump ship asap.
    I think the Veer needs to get on fido Asap, people would love it.
    I'm actually more concerned about the "making things right, Canada edition". If Bell doesn't carry Palm anymore, I can't see how this will work. Unless HP all of a sudden to buy out all our contracts and move us to another carrier.

Up till now the solution is still yet to be announced "in the coming weeks" on the webos-info site if I punch in my Bell serial. Hope it doesn't turn out to be yet another false promise. I know for one thing my coworker with an original Pre is already planning to jump ship.

I'm only 1 year into my 3 year contract.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/12/2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'd be surprised if Bell or Rogers didn't offer the Pre3, I mean it's just not in HP's interests not to do a little arm twisting with all their talk of becoming a major player. They could do so well if they just extended their promised advertising blitz up here. Surely the masses will tire of the endless android/apple/wp7 slabs.
    Also, 'tho I definitely didn't vote for Harper, there has been speculation about opening up the telecom biz up here to foreign investment. Maybe then we'd get some webos phones.
    Anyway my contract doesn't end 'til next March - hopefully by then ...
    I have an upgrade credit with bell as of lastmonth. I gotta wait til next april for my contract to be up. Hopefully bell gets it but I will jump early to Rogers for it.
    Same here. If Bell doesn't get any of the HP phones, I'll jump ship to Rogers as well if they offer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Same here. If Bell doesn't get any of the HP phones, I'll jump ship to Rogers as well if they offer it.
    I completely agree, I want to be with a carrier that actually supports webOS.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    If Rogers carries the Pre3, it would make my day. I'm well-due for a HW upgrade (I bought my Pre+ outright from AT&T) and would prefer not having to shell out another $400+ to buy it.

Of course, IF this happens, I hope Rogers chooses to actually market the Pre3 -- if it wasn't for P|C, I wouldn't even know they had the Pre2 for sale!
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Yup, I have a little over a year left in my Bell contract, and once that is done, if they don't have a more modern webOS phone, I am going back to Rogers no matter what phones Rogers is carrying.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I would hate to give up my current plan on Bell. It would be great if they offered that world phone Pre 3 since some of the places I travel to for work still don"t have GSM coverage (only CDMA). My unlimited data plan has worked well for me on my Pre and Pre 2 using free tether when I'm in Toronto.
    Jealous of your unlim. data plan. I was originally on it, but switched to 500MB when I discovered their CDMA data tracking was broken.

The GSM data tracking is not broken, unfortunately

The unlimited pricing only nets you 1gb now...
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Yeah, I looked at their current rate plans recently and they're terrible now.
    Agreed, but all three are bad. i have unlimited. i shudder to think what it will cost me monthly if i drop this plan. I am in sales, print and digital. my inbox glows with email and attachments at times. lol. Rogers did an even worse job on marketing the pre2 than Bell did with the pre. At least I saw commercials for bell, didnt see a single one for rogers, in print, broadcast or online. Like i said, im in that field, i look for things like that, an it was a big NADA.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    Honestly, I have the Pre- on Bell and several of my family also have plans with Bell and I never EVER want to deal with them again once my contract is up. Sister broke her phone tried to use the replacement plan (costs 7 a month) due to their network change over and the fact that her phone wasnt carried anymore it took more than 6 months to get a new phone. She's now on Rogers.

As for me myself and the rest of my family on Bell, we have more dropped calls than people I know on ATT. Their new network may be better but that doesnt make me feel any better. I also have seen full page ads in newspapers saying anyone but Bell. I'm hoping Rogers gets it so I can jump ship.
    I live in Vancouver, and rogers is terrible compared to bell/telus' old network (haven't used the new one). I guess it depends on where you live, but as much as I hate bell, their network is great in my area. (I hate them more than you could imagine.)
    I'm pretty sure that Bell and Telus' new network is essentially both of their CDMA coverage combined with an HSPA+ flavor.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Rogers will get the pre 3 99.99% sure and i know the veer wont come to canada i was told by my friend thats a hpalm rep.
    Canada is a great area to release webOS and stick behind it. Not many people know about it and Android hasn't fully taken Canada over yet.

HP needs to release all the webOS devices in Canada on as many carriers as they can.
    I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't know too much about the Canadian networks. That being said, I am positive HP will offer the Pre3 for sale off contract. Off contract is always more expensive, but it could allow you to get the Pre3 even if it isn't released on a carrier in the Great North. As to weather the CDMA+GSM world phone can run on Canadian networks, I do not know. Like I said...I am a bit naive when it comes to networks outside the US as I have not been out of the US in 8 years...my god that's sad, especially considering I am a 5 hour drive from Manitoba and Ontario.
    It is looking, for the moment at least, that Canada is not getting the Veer, much like the pixi, which saddens me.

However, talked to a bell rep, and take this with the prerequisite bucket of salt, they said they would definitely be getting the Pre3 soon. I'm personally hoping for an unlocked phone from HP, finishing my contract and then jumping to rogers.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Canada is a great area to release webOS and stick behind it. Not many people know about it and Android hasn't fully taken Canada over yet.

HP needs to release all the webOS devices in Canada on as many carriers as they can.
    people here love their BB. The pre3 won't get the hardcore bbm users over, but it it could attract more than a few users if advertisements and point of sale is properly handled.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast