Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This is a message I posted on Palm's Forum and figured I should post it here as well:

I am completely disappointed with HP/Palm's lack of customer communication. They have failed to maintain themselves in the public eye and it begs the question, are they really in this business, to win or even compete?

I have had a Palm pre- on Sprint, which is past it's lifetime, since two months after it's initial release when they became avaiable and I've been patiently waiting for them to release an updated phone with their truly world changing OS. The only OS out there that truly does what no other can. I'm reaching the end of my patience because I've realized that patience is the worst thing one can allow a company as HP/Palm to have. They abuse it. They assume that we'll swarm back like sheep. They laugh in our faces as our phones fall apart and we are forced to pay to have them fixed.

Their lack of information on whether Sprint is even getting another webOS phone truly aggravates my confidence in them as a company. They've already failed to deliver on too many promises such as, the Pre obtaining the next update of webOS. But, I can overlook that, I understand that the hardware on the Pre is nowhere near suitable; being that mine is falling apart and failing in call quality, its understandable that it just doesn't make sense to release an update for that outdated hardware, which people are waiting to upgrade on Sprint.

I am asking HP/Palm, that if you have any sense of business morals or care about maintaining your customers happy, you will announce whether or not talks with Sprint are in the works for a release or if we should just stop waisting time on a company that does not care about us. I am also asking HP/Palm to release more information. You have no right to continue to abuse us like this, as customers who have faith in webOS becoming a forerunner in the OS game, we DESERVE some answers, we as customers DESERVE more respect from your company. (This excludes information on the Veer, something that you should have never let see the light of day and that further slaps the faithful webOS community in the face. We expect quality devices to be released, not bandaid-sized devices.)

This is not about if it's important to just your community, it's about if you even care about maintaing customers and gaining new ones. It's about whether you will actually show the initiative you are capable of. This is about you proving that you are not just abusing your loyal customers and that you actually are doing something to release a genuine device in a timely manner, not a messed up disaster with absolutely no timeframe on whether or not any apps we bought through your phone was just a further way of you <<mod delete>> abusing us, the customers. Especially, with this economic recession, it would be the wrong move to fail to release a phone on Sprint. 

I ask the whole HP/Palm community to raise your voice and act. Let HP/Palm know that they cannot continue doing this to us. It has to stop, NOW. We want answers and we deserve them. I tried your support chat, and after we tried chatting for a but it cut out then it let the, "Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly." for over 20 minutes with NO ONE coming to the window. I am severly dissapointed with this negligence.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/09/2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: language
    your post is too long. I didnt read it.
    I did.

It's basically an op-ed piece.

I feel a similar way, however the post itself is nothing a hundred other Pre- owners haven't already said. Also, it's no way to go about addressing anybody. HP or not.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akabadnews View Post
    I did.

It's basically an op-ed piece.

I feel a similar way, however the post itself is nothing a hundred other Pre- owners haven't already said. Also, it's no way to go about addressing anybody. HP or not.
    We all have been waiting, some patiently, some not! Nothing is going to happen by making "threats" to HP, Do they want to see the original customer base go away.... NO, but they are making hard business choices..... I am an original Pre owner, mine is still working pretty well, Do I want a new phone on Sprint.... YES, will I be disappointed if not.... Yes! I love WebOs and the Pre, but I find it hard to trash a company for doing what they have to do to get "back in the game".... I think we will see some love from HP, I think they will do right by the original fan base, but they are in it to make money not to make every un-happy customer think they are the best in the world.... No company can do that....

Let's give them the chance and see what happens.....
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Quote Originally Posted by OleSalt View Post
    We all have been waiting, some patiently, some not! Nothing is going to happen by making "threats" to HP, Do they want to see the original customer base go away.... NO, but they are making hard business choices..... I am an original Pre owner, mine is still working pretty well, Do I want a new phone on Sprint.... YES, will I be disappointed if not.... Yes! I love WebOs and the Pre, but I find it hard to trash a company for doing what they have to do to get "back in the game".... I think we will see some love from HP, I think they will do right by the original fan base, but they are in it to make money not to make every un-happy customer think they are the best in the world.... No company can do that....

Let's give them the chance and see what happens.....
    Yeah, i think its more of a way to vent out your frustration and get a satisfaction out of it
    I know how you feel, but at this point I re-assessed what is most important: Saving money. My Pre - still works (thanks to Homebrew) and buying a new phone is a luxury rather than a necessity. I will stay with Sprint because of cost savings and will get a new phone when my Pre - dies. I was disappointed with HP at think beyond, but after some soul searching I realized...it is just a phone. Even though most of the people in this community have a lot of passion, I think they have all started to realize: there are more important things in life.

I did write a letter, maybe not as harsh as yours, and it did offer some release. I hope HP does make things better, but it is not as important anymore. It is amazing though how technology has consumed so many millions to the point where we just cannot focus on anything else.
    That's because HP's true community bread and butter is this:

HP unveils the Pavilion dv4, Envy 14 with Sandy Bridge, and a redesigned Mini 210 -- Engadget

HP intros the ProBook 5330m, EliteBook 2560p, and EliteBook 2760p tablet -- Engadget

You never have to wait for HP laptops or printers.

However they are using Sprint for their pre-paid data service so maybe there's still hope for phones on Sprint.

HP launches DataPass to sell prepaid 3G data plans, service piggybacks on Sprint's network -- Engadget
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    im gonna wait... till they either confirm a yes or confirm a no on sprint...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jescandalo View Post
    I know how you feel, but at this point I re-assessed what is most important: Saving money. My Pre - still works (thanks to Homebrew) and buying a new phone is a luxury rather than a necessity. I will stay with Sprint because of cost savings and will get a new phone when my Pre - dies. I was disappointed with HP at think beyond, but after some soul searching I realized...it is just a phone. Even though most of the people in this community have a lot of passion, I think they have all started to realize: there are more important things in life.

I did write a letter, maybe not as harsh as yours, and it did offer some release. I hope HP does make things better, but it is not as important anymore. It is amazing though how technology has consumed so many millions to the point where we just cannot focus on anything else.
    Yeah, we differ on the "luxury" part because it becomes a necessity when a call is connected, yet neither party can hear each other because of my Pre. And as for "there are more important things in life," sure, true, but if let say I'm in a life or death situation and I need to contact say the authorities yet, they have no idea what's going on because I can't talk to them, or they can't hear me... well, it becomes pretty important.

I definitely wrote this as a release, however, I don't think it's as harsh as you think say it is. It's not really a threat either. Nowhere do I say I'm going to take action against them, or switch to another phone, unless their is no webOS phone coming to Sprint, in which case... DUH. It's asking for answers and pointing out the effect of their bad choices. If HP really wanted to get in the game, they'd be in it, but all they seem to be doing is dragging their feet.

Their own new President, Leo (A-something) even said that their timing was horrible. I understand, they needed time to fold Palm into the HP fold, but seriously, we are about to hit a year since the rumors began to fly that the wheels where in motion and bupkus on Sprint. Of course, this could easily be an issue with Sprint.
    I wish Google Trends was case-sensitive. Not to even mention the recent explosion in the root's usage, there is already a strong trend to replace the noun 'failure' with the verb 'fail' (using it as if it were a noun), but I've noticed another trend towards always capitalizing it. It's an "epic grammar FAIL" I suppose, but it seems like you have to do it that way if you want to look eCool.

- Dude, my truck's engine cooler FAILED yesterday!
    - Total mechanical FAIL brah!
    - Nah, the hose broke because it was corroded. Epic materials FAIL!
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 05/09/2011 at 04:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    You have no right to continue to abuse us like this, as customers who have faith in webOS becoming a forerunner in the OS game, we DESERVE some answers, we as customers DESERVE more respect from your company.
    To the OP, your post reeks of entitlement. I understand you may be sick and tired of waiting on HP, but unless your a stock holding/voting member of their company, they don't owe you a thing. Did you put up any $$$ in their billion dollar purchase of Palm?

you will announce whether or not talks with Sprint are in the works for a release or if we should just stop waisting time on a company that does not care about us
    It's quite possible that negotiations are ongoing with carriers they plan to release their new hardware on. That being said, why should they let you know they're 'talking' with carriers? Why not just get the deals done, and announce the carrier partnership at that point...oh wait I know, that doesn't jibe with your schedule.

I'm reaching the end of my patience because I've realized that patience is the worst thing one can allow a company as HP/Palm to have. They abuse it. They assume that we'll swarm back like sheep.
    Please explain how HP is abusing you? Physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual, or simply digital abuse? I can't honestly say I've woken up in the last 12 months and felt disrespected by big bad HP. Nor have I felt respected, to tell you the truth. Just because I have a cell phone purchased from a company who was purchased by HP doesn't mean HP is required to maintain the relationship between me and my phone. Ford doesn't send me letters informing me of their progress towards the next line up of their cars and trucks. Samsung hasn't called to ask if my TV still operates to my satisfaction. Damn, the grocery store clerks failed to let me know what food they planned to have for sale in the coming weeks and months from my last grocery spree.

let say I'm in a life or death situation and I need to contact say the authorities yet, they have no idea what's going on because I can't talk to them, or they can't hear me... well, it becomes pretty important.
    If you're so concerned with a life and death moment that you need your phone to call emergency services, try a satellite phone with global service. You shouldn't put a price on your safety you know. However if you're really just concerned with your Angry Birds score, don't gimmick me with the life and death and my phone won't work stuff.

a further way of you raping and abusing us, the customers.
    Frankly I'm appalled you're using 'rape' and any visual or stimulative connotation of it to talk about what you feel HP is or is not doing to you. Please consider this raising my voice...

... I too want new HP hardware to satiate my webOS needs. I too wish HP would align their timetable with mine, but I also have bigger flesh eating worries in the world. I see the price of gas, deal with people trying to get ends that move further apart to yet meet, and frankly don't give a about what entitlement people feel they're lacking in these...how did you phrase it..
    Especially, with this economic recession
    .. kinds of times.

Well darn, it seems with the price of gas and replacement phones and Sprint taxes I only have $2 on me. Does anyone have $1.98 I can get back so I can post this?
    OP

You lost me at trash talking the Veer, which you've obviously never laid a hand on..

Quick, somebody engage the Berdinkerdickle-bat-signal before things get ugly in here.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/09/2011 at 07:31 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's because HP's true community bread and butter is this:

HP unveils the Pavilion dv4, Envy 14 with Sandy Bridge, and a redesigned Mini 210 -- Engadget

HP intros the ProBook 5330m, EliteBook 2560p, and EliteBook 2760p tablet -- Engadget

You never have to wait for HP laptops or printers.

However they are using Sprint for their pre-paid data service so maybe there's still hope for phones on Sprint.

HP launches DataPass to sell prepaid 3G data plans, service piggybacks on Sprint's network -- Engadget
    Valid point. But, I think once there is at least one complete release cycle of webOS devices, then we will get the same type of focus on consistant releases we see with the bread/butter products you list above.
    I understand the OP's frustration, but the lack of info is on Sprint, not Palm.

Sprint is the one that hasn't told you anything. Palm has 3 phones and a tablet, and several carriers announced. What has Sprint said about webOS? Nada.

blame sprint.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/09/2011 at 06:36 AM.
    If YOU are frustrated about this situation, imagine how is love webOS and live in some country out of the "oficial road"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    yup correct like some above. First it is sprint that is not giving us any info, though I still cant complain yet for a device that is pitted for a summer release, and has yet been announced, leaked, or rumored to come to any other carrier yet. Im not even talking about the Pre 3 running on VZ network we saw before, until a carrier wther states or overseas says they will be carring it I cant complain yet. Also HP is huge, though as I believe most will agree we rather have a fully complete optimized device with NO ISSUES what so ever, with atleast 15 to 20k applications, then a ok device that has numerious bugs and not enough core applications.
    The facts are pretty black and white here!

Palm did alot of bad in the past few years. HP just took Palm over about a year ago. So we still need to give them their time to release the Pre 3.

Not having carrier information rightn ow does suck. I know! I'd love to have a Pre 3 on Sprint. The likelyhood of this is pretty slim sadly. I still have not ruled it out. As far as I see it the longer we wait the longer it makes me think they are talking to EACH carrier and not just one.

With that note I think exclusive deals are BAD. It might be good for HP but its bad for its consumer. Making us wait as long as we have I really do hope they put it on all 3 major networks. The owe us that at least! After HP gets their name back out on the market with the the Pre 3 and beyond and make a name for them self again then exclusive could be a good idea. They need to get the product out in the hands of the consumer first.

So moving on! I do look forward to all future phones that they will be releasing. The brick phone has me the most interested! The Pre 3 is a step in the right direction!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Yeah OP. You whine, cry, and think you deserve things? No dude, you deserve nothing. You don't know how their business runs, you don't know what step they are on. You sir in fact are nothing more than an uneducated consumer who has no idea how the game works.

Get your game up and come back with a real op-ed piece. They owe us nothing. They owe their shareholders.
    I think many on Precentral can feel the OP's frustration as its been talked about to death.

The disappointing part is seeing other posters tell the OP that he doesn't matter. That he deserves nothing.

HP does read these forums. It's not asking much to hear from HP concerning Sprint, Palm's original exclusive carrier that many in these forums still use. As summer approaches as well as the two year upgrade point for everyone, I think it'd be nice to see Precentral ask that question on the frontpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think many on Precentral can feel the OP's frustration as its been talked about to death.

The disappointing part is seeing other posters tell the OP that he doesn't matter. That he deserves nothing.

HP does read these forums. It's not asking much to hear from HP concerning Sprint, Palm's original exclusive carrier that many in these forums still use. As summer approaches as well as the two year upgrade point for everyone, I think it'd be nice to see Precentral ask that question on the frontpage.
    Well-said. I am constantly amazed at the level of fanatical defending of HP/Palm from the members on this thread. Sure, the OP may have gone overboard with his frustration, but that does not dismiss the fact that HP/Palm has done a pretty terrible job with communicating with its user-base.

While I agree that we can't place the blame entirely on HP/Palm, to bash the OP in this manner is just sad to see. Please remember that we're all in the same boat, waiting with almost 2-year-old hardware without a vote of confidence for updated hardware. It does none of us any good to bash other members for speaking up.

Anyhow, back to the topic... @OP, I've suggested contacting Sprint in various threads via twitter @Sprint @Sprintcare and emailing dan@sprint.com so if you haven't already done so those are also good avenues to voice your concern. Do the same thing on the HP/Palm side as well if you would like to. However, if I may, try taking a different approach:

Rather than venting your frustration, simply bring it up to Sprint and HP/Palm in an objective/business manner. That is, you're a customer with old hardware looking to upgrade to new hardware, just waiting to spend your money with them. With your falling-apart hardware and no idea on when you'll be able to give your money to Sprint and HP/Palm, you are put in a difficult place of having to move on when the time comes. And, you are hardly unique in your situation. Essentially, the more customers such as yourself are not provided with an upgrade path, the money will go elsewhere, to the competition.

Good luck with contacting Sprint and HP/Palm. I've been doing the same as well. And don't let the negativity get you down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast