Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    People are obviously frustrated & I've seen many of them coming from Sprint. Having a webOS device is a passion. I understand that. I've never had any single issue with my Pre, or my Pre 2. They are wonders for sure. I'm not taking anything away from the OP here, or anyone specific. We all need to come together once again. We've gotten way to used to bashing each other. We are starting to act like iPhone phanboi's.

However, I think some need to get some things straight first.

1) Yes, it is just a phone. Consider yourselves lucky to have one in todays age based on what's happened over the last 3 years, and what life is like outside of North America. If you're really that unhappy, or your device is struggling for whatever reason, you can either fix it, or get a new phone for now. It's that simple.

2) HP (and even when Palm was independent) are publicly traded companies. Unless you are a shareholder in either of the companies they truly don't owe you even a single blink of the eye. That's just the way it is. They haven't disrespected anyone.

3) Some members need to see what the bigger picture is in all of this. What HP has done thus far is actually truly remarkable considering they closed the deal not even one year ago. After all the legal acquisition jargon that happens between two companies, they then have to sit down at the drawing board and plan out a strategy. Then you have to line up the strategy. Then you have to implement this. Then you need to produce. Right now HP is in the production side of things, not even 12 months after an acquisition.

Between all of this, you have minds clashing, ideas being erased, invented, etc. This type of communication is what takes the longest.

Engineering and testing alone take a lot of time to develop. Software engineering is one of the longest. As much as I personally hate Apple and their products, why do you think it takes them multiple years to implement such small things into their OS? Why.. because they get it right, the first time around.

The thing is: Palm is actually doing things the 'right way' now. Why? Because they have the resources behind them. I would much rather wait and have Palm do things the proper way rather than have them rush like they did the first time around. We all know where rushing hardware/software updates will get us down the road.

Lastly, I would like to add to all members who think they aren't moving fast enough or good enough: If you think you can make a huge significant impact, please, for the love of the community, submit your resume to HP. I'm sure they would love to hear from you if you're 'that good' and can make a difference.
    That's all well and good. If this were a vacuum and HP/Palm was not releasing devices to anyone, then it'd be understandable. But there's been many launches of upgraded hardware since the Sprint Pre. The Pre 2 was cdma for example.

This notion of corporations not owing its customers a thing is silly. Customers are stakeholders. business stakeholders

Sprint
    Our Customers
    We will strive to dramatically improve customers’ experience and earn their long-term loyalty.

HP Company information - About us - Corporate objectives

Customer Loyality <listed first btw>

To provide products, services and solutions of the highest quality and deliver more value to our customers that earns their respect and loyalty.
    Underlying beliefs supporting this objective:

Our continued success is dependent on increasing the loyalty of our customers.
    Listening attentively to customers to truly understands their needs, then delivering solutions that translate into customer success is essential to earn customer loyalty.
    Competitive total cost of ownership, quality, inventiveness, and the way we do business drives customer loyalty.

And their last objective:

Good citizenship is good business. We live up to our responsibility to society by being an economic, intellectual and social asset to each country and community in which we do business.
    Underlying beliefs supporting this objective:

The highest standards of honesty and integrity are critical to developing customer and stakeholder loyalty.
    The betterment of our society is not a job to be left to a few; it is the responsibility to be shared by all.
    This objective is essential to delivering on the brand promise.

In this instance, sprint/webOS users simply want to know if any new device is coming.
    Some great points are being made in this thread, and I encourage someone to start a thread to continue this discussion, but the flaming of the OP is just wrong.
    If you feel the post is wrong and unhealthy to PreCentral, report the post.

<<posts deleted>>
    <<closed>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/09/2011 at 09:43 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12