Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The biggest pain I have found with the business aspect of the phone is lack of being able to send a Google Calendar Event invitation. My partners and investors who use Blackberries and iPhones can send them to me but my Pre+ with WebOS 2.1 is a hit or miss with adding them to my calendar. This is very crucial to me.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    "It appears you don't have enough experience with various companies. There are certain lines of businesses within certain kinds of companies that make obscene amounts of money and their user base can absolutely influence IT."

Wrong about the experience with various companies.

You can have a different opinion based on whatever experience you have, but, I stand by mine, with MANY years behind me,
    Standing by your experience just shows your willing to keep your blinders on. Many of us have many years of IT experience. We don't use our years in IT as a battle cry to prove a point. It don't matter if you have 20 years or 3, you see what you see in the IT world based on the places you have worked.

I will admit that there are probably more companies than not where users do not influence It, especially at small shops. It would not hurt you to be a little more open in your thinking. Standing by your experience, limits your horizons.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Standing by your experience just shows your willing to keep your blinders on. Many of us have many years of IT experience. We don't use our years in IT as a battle cry to prove a point. It don't matter if you have 20 years or 3, you see what you see in the IT world based on the places you have worked.

I will admit that there are probably more companies than not where users do not influence It, especially at small shops. It would not hurt you to be a little more open in your thinking. Standing by your experience, limits your horizons.
    1. It was YOU who said "It appears you don't have enough experience with various companies. There are certain lines of businesses within certain kinds of companies that make obscene amounts of money and their user base can absolutely influence IT". I replied, then you insulted me by telling me that I have "blinders on"?? I think I was respectful to you and your opinion, but, still, disagreed based on my experience, yet, since I don't agree with you, you certainly felt it's ok to tell me that not only don't I have enough experience to express my opinion, but, that I am deliberately chosing to not see the whole picture? Man, o man.. you have to be kidding me!

2. I've seen no large companies that let their employees drive the IT bus. Sorry, but, sad as it may seem, IT pretty much (if not, completely) dictates policy on employee distributed devices, based on security, budget and scalability. Perhaps this will, one day change. I hope it does, but, I'm not seeing it - if I do, I'd CERTAINLY be happy about it.

Now, maybe YOU are seeing this... ok. Great. But I know nothing about you, other than what you post here, so, I respect your opinion and experience, but still seeing no other evidence to support what you claim, I still respectfully disagree.

I don't thnk that I'm being close minded, here, just pragmatic.

Having said the above, I believe the Pre 3, if it performs well, with WebOS 3, could be a great business phone, with IT professionals giving it their stamp of approval on the whole, based on the pages of the Pre 3 and business web site on the HP site I provided above. It's just a start, and Im sure that HP will work with large coprorations who want to use it in their companies but have specific needs for security/network requirements, if asked, in order to get all of those new users.

IMO, of course.
    Last edited by LCGuy; 05/10/2011 at 05:18 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    1. It was YOU who said "It appears you don't have enough experience with various companies. There are certain lines of businesses within certain kinds of companies that make obscene amounts of money and their user base can absolutely influence IT". I replied, then you insulted me by telling me that I have "blinders on"?? I think I was respectful to you and your opinion, but, still, disagreed based on my experience, yet, since I don't agree with you, you certainly felt it's ok to tell me that not only don't I have enough experience to express my opinion, but, that I am deliberately chosing to not see the whole picture? Man, o man.. you have to be kidding me!

2. I've seen no large companies that let their employees drive the IT bus. Sorry, but, sad as it may seem, IT pretty much (if not, completely) dictates policy on employee distributed devices, based on security, budget and scalability. Perhaps this will, one day change. I hope it does, but, I'm not seeing it - if I do, I'd CERTAINLY be happy about it.

Now, maybe YOU are seeing this... ok. Great. But I know nothing about you, other than what you post here, so, I respect your opinion and experience, but still seeing no other evidence to support what you claim, I still respectfully disagree.

I don't thnk that I'm being close minded, here, just pragmatic.

Having said the above, I believe the Pre 3, if it performs well, with WebOS 3, could be a great business phone, with IT professionals giving it their stamp of approval on the whole, based on the pages of the Pre 3 and business web site on the HP site I provided above. It's just a start, and Im sure that HP will work with large coprorations who want to use it in their companies but have specific needs for security/network requirements, if asked, in order to get all of those new users.

IMO, of course.
    I respect your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    As far as the .pdf and office document support... the device does come with QuickOffice, and that developer has stated it will offer a full version for webOS besides the basic.
    The developer stated that nearly 7 months ago and it still doesn't exist. Has there been any recent news or update? When QuickOffice made the announcement we all believed that the release of the Pre 2 was imminent, but that didn't happen until February, and the sales numbers can't be inspiring either. I expect they have fallen back into a wait and see mode.

This item is a deal breaker for me. While it can be argued that it was DataViz who didn't follow through for the Pre+/-, the end result is that we don't have document editing. If someone has more recent concrete information I would love to see it.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123