Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK fellas,

hehe.. the title caught you... Sorry about that. i left it blank, because that needs to be filled by you (us) and eventually by HP/Palm.
    Now that we know veer is priced at 99, go ahead and scream... what would they price Pre3 at? 200? or may be at 250/300 considering that they are marketing pre3 as a business friendly phone?

Or some of you would careless and not buy at any price? or some of you(us) would buy it at any price. I'm sorry we have touched on the price point in several threads. but since veer is now announced, i thought this would give a chance to talk with veer as a base point. what do u guys and gals think?

Sadly for me, my contract wont be up until march of 2012. so i may have to wait for pre4 or some equivalent.
    I will be good with $199 price point. You don't have to wait for Pre4 you can always buy(Pre3) one from ebay or whatnot.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I realize the Pre3 is competing with business-friendly smartphones. Still, I predict the subsidized price to be $199.99 for the 16GB version, and $149.99 for the 8GB version. This pricing would appear to be in line with the Veer's $99.99 price.
    I'm not concerned about the price, just bring it to SPRINT!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I will be good with $199 price point. You don't have to wait for Pre4 you can always buy(Pre3) one from ebay or whatnot.
    Most ikely thats what I would do. But right now I'm enjoying unlimited data on att. have to work around that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    veer is att exclusive. most likely pre3 will not be anybody's exclusive. i dont think hp can just depend on one channel if they need market share.
    I'm telling you, I started a thread on this, but the pre3 is goin to big red for their exclusive for a limited time and sprint is getting the new slate like device, then when all the exclusivity is done with, multiple phones on multiple carriers...

this way their getting webos on every carrier to start with so everyone will will have the availability of a webos phone. And also, I'm sure that they chose the phones for those carriers for the reason that the cute little veer on att, being that there is more of a population of younger crowd on the network that it appeals to, the pre3 on vz cuz they have mutiple larger screen phones with full keyboards across all platforms, and the slate device cuz sprint is moving towards larger full touch devices...

however, this is all MY speculation with things I have heard, but I think it sounds pretty good at the same time, no?
    webOS is already available on all three network, people just don't care for them right now. I doubt Veer will bring the crown into webOS. Perhaps new slate like device, hopely HP ask Samsung or HTC to make one for them.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    hopely HP ask Samsung or HTC to make one for them.
    HP is a hardware company. I doubt they will ever ask htc to make hardware for them.
    besides, they are playing the game of apple. so they wont license webOS to other amnufacturers. but their strategy might change when they are pushing 100 million products across different devices every year. but until then, i think we should just rely on what h/palm designers come up with in terms of hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    OK fellas,

hehe.. the title caught you... Sorry about that. i left it blank, because that needs to be filled by you (us) and eventually by HP/Palm.
    Now that we know veer is priced at 99, go ahead and scream... what would they price Pre3 at? 200? or may be at 250/300 considering that they are marketing pre3 as a business friendly phone?

Or some of you would careless and not buy at any price? or some of you(us) would buy it at any price. I'm sorry we have touched on the price point in several threads. but since veer is now announced, i thought this would give a chance to talk with veer as a base point. what do u guys and gals think?

Sadly for me, my contract wont be up until march of 2012. so i may have to wait for pre4 or some equivalent.
    Anywhere from 199.99 - 249.99. Thats my guess.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Personally, after seeing the Veer for $99, I'm really hoping the Pre 3 will go for a max $150... We need HP to blow this thing out. It really isn't spec'd as a Superphone (which would go for about $200).

When HP/Palm designs that SuperDuperRidiculousCrazyWonderfully spec'd webOS Phone in 2012....then I expect a $200-$250 price range.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Personally, after seeing the Veer for $99, I'm really hoping the Pre 3 will go for a max $150... We need HP to blow this thing out. It really isn't spec'd as a Superphone (which would go for about $200).

When HP/Palm designs that SuperDuperRidiculousCrazyWonderfully spec'd webOS Phone in 2012....then I expect a $200-$250 price range.
    What is the Pre3 missing to make it worth $200? Sprint has more than one 1Ghz snapdragon phone that sells for $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    I'm telling you, I started a thread on this, but the pre3 is goin to big red for their exclusive for a limited time and sprint is getting the new slate like device, then when all the exclusivity is done with, multiple phones on multiple carriers...

this way their getting webos on every carrier to start with so everyone will will have the availability of a webos phone. And also, I'm sure that they chose the phones for those carriers for the reason that the cute little veer on att, being that there is more of a population of younger crowd on the network that it appeals to, the pre3 on vz cuz they have mutiple larger screen phones with full keyboards across all platforms, and the slate device cuz sprint is moving towards larger full touch devices...

however, this is all MY speculation with things I have heard, but I think it sounds pretty good at the same time, no?
    +1 This is exactly what I've been thinking. I just hope that the slab comes soon (not september), my pre is falling apart. I had to turn wifi off because it only works if I'm right next to the router now :/.
    Any phone that costs more than the iPhone is DOA, in my opinion. Like it or not, that's the device that sets prices.
    The $300 Droid Charge, for instance, is ludicrous. It's a perfectly good $200 phone; they could have even priced it at $250 if they had wanted to compete with HTC. Right now the Thunderbolt & Charge are only expensive because they are the only 2 lte phones on vzw and their manufacturers know consumers don't have options.
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Even if the price means nothing to you, you should be concerned at the price.

If HP prices it too high, it could easily become irrelevant.
    It's incredible that the Veer is priced so low at $100 since they cram so much into a small, tight container of a phone. Going off from the Veer's price, the Pre3 will most likely start at $175 for 16GB and $200 for 32GB. Unlike what Apple believes, there really isn't a $100 difference between 8GB and 16GB; 16GB and 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    It's incredible that the Veer is priced so low at $100 since they cram so much into a small, tight container of a phone. Going off from the Veer's price, the Pre3 will most likely start at $175 for 16GB and $200 for 32GB. Unlike what Apple believes, there really isn't a $100 difference between 8GB and 16GB; 16GB and 32GB.
    did you really think they could charge more than $100 for Veer? I thought it was little too high, to be honest. I thought they put Veer for $50, and Pre 3 to start at $100 with 8g and $150 for 16g and maybe $200 for 32g.
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    THat $100 veer also includes AT&T's $36 activation fee so its more like $136....
    If the Pre3 came out when it should have then I could see ~249.00 USD contract. But it coming out prolly in august/september, ~149.00 USD contract or less to compete with the army of dual-core android phones by then. Even though the Pre3 doesn't need a dual core CPU like android phones do, poeple will still drool over hardware and want it.

For me I don't care about price for one way or another I'm getting the Pre3.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The Veer will probably go sub-$50 just in time for the holiday sales.

$150 for the pre3 probably makes the most sense or perhaps higher if they add a $20-30 catalog coupon.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    $200
    $100 for 1) previous Pre/Pre+ owner; or 2) purchase a touchpad

free if you do both 1) and 2)
    Last edited by clevin; 05/04/2011 at 05:56 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast