Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. H
    Mobile Internet:
    Mobile Internet is free until 31 MAY (with a fair use of 100MB a day). After that date it will be charged at 20p a day. If you use less than 1MB/day you'll pay less than 20p and if you go over 20MB you'll be charged extra at 20p/MB.
    I believe they've changed the "free until" date a few times however if they move to this pricing structure it won't be quite as competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by billiloumez View Post
    Apparently o2 germany isn't going to sell the pre3 either. I wrote them an email a few days ago and just received the answer that they are just going to sell the veer:

Guten Tag Herr ,

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Wir werden dieses Modell voraussichtlich nicht bekommen, da wir von HP das HP Veer ab Juni in unser Handyportfolio aufnehmen werden.

Eine genauere Beschreibung über dieses Modell finden Sie unter

Wir hoffen Ihnen damit weitergeholfen zu haben, und stehen Ihnen jederzeit gerne für weitere Fragen zur Verfügung.

Freundliche Grüße

Ihr o2 Team
    They are kidding right?! If they don't sell it they'll lose me as a customer, as easy as that. My contract is up in September...
    As long as they sell it unlocked off-contract, there's a good chance I'll get one (even though my Pre 2 is really nice).
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    They are kidding right?! If they don't sell it they'll lose me as a customer, as easy as that. My contract is up in September...
    Yeah.. I withdrawed from my contract the day I got the email.
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    Grab a sim from Free SIM Cards | Unlimited Mobile Internet and Texts | giffgaff, it is £10 a month for 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet, and it runs on the O2 network, and if you want more minutes, you can pay a little more a month

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just been looking across the various deals(o2,voda,orange) and this does look really, really good.

Even Roaming across Europe and Rest of World seem cheaper.

They don't allow tethering. I only need this very rarely and I doubt they would stop me. As far as I know strictly O2 say they don't allow it, but I've never had a problem.

When my contract is up I think i'm jumping ship and buying a Pre3 off-contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommce View Post
    Just FYI, O2 UK have categorically refused to accept that the touch screen failure is just hardware and have insisted that it's damage:£120.00

I'll claim on insurance but actually now quite glad they're not taking Pre3 or, probably, Veer as I can count do the days until I move to some other conniving, robbing money grabbing carrier......

Might just go back to carrier pigeons and semaphore
    I got mine fixed through Palm directly... for free. I didn't bother talking to O2; I still don't really like O2. I had been on Orange for 10 years before the Pre made me change network!
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Just been looking across the various deals(o2,voda,orange) and this does look really, really good.

Even Roaming across Europe and Rest of World seem cheaper.

They don't allow tethering. I only need this very rarely and I doubt they would stop me. As far as I know strictly O2 say they don't allow it, but I've never had a problem.

When my contract is up I think i'm jumping ship and buying a Pre3 off-contract.
    Yep, that really is a good deal, GiffGaff here I come. My contract period ended last month so all I have to do is cancel, get my Pre unlocked and swicth my number over to a GiffGaff sim (which I have just ordered).

Shame it uses the O2 network though as the coverage is pretty poor, I would prefer something that used the combined Orange/T-Mobile one. Does anyone know of something of similar value (unlimited data being the main issue) that uses them?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Yep, that really is a good deal, GiffGaff here I come. My contract period ended last month so all I have to do is cancel, get my Pre unlocked and swicth my number over to a GiffGaff sim (which I have just ordered).
    No need to unlock it.

Will-Giffgaff-sim-work-on-a-phone-locked-to-O2
  9.    #49  
    I believe all the new O2 contracts for smartphones allow for tethering
    True, but I may be unhappy with GiffGaff (yeah, right) and need to move to someone else. Now is the time I have the leverage with O2 to get it done.

For the record, I just used the O2 support service and they were most helpful. No argunments about me wanting to terminate, PAC code handed over and email confirmation that I will be unlocked in 5 days. I expected more hassle than that.

So, when I get my GG SIM I will be all ready to go and save myself £20 a month. The only negative is that I will still be on the O2 network with its dire coverage issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    I believe all the new O2 contracts for smartphones allow for tethering
    I'm pretty sure that's not true, mine certainly doesn't (although I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan). That doesn't stop freetether working nicely though and I expect the same will be true on GG since they won't know if I tether.

That said, I very rarely tether. I've done about 2 hours in 18 months, it's just nice to have it if you need it (usually in hotel rooms with my daughter wanting to connect her laptop).
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not true, mine certainly doesn't (although I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan). That doesn't stop freetether working nicely though and I expect the same will be true on GG since they won't know if I tether.

That said, I very rarely tether. I've done about 2 hours in 18 months, it's just nice to have it if you need it (usually in hotel rooms with my daughter wanting to connect her laptop).
    Yeah the unlimited data plans are the old setup and didn't allow for it, the new ones allow for tethering and it just comes out of your data allowance but obviously the amount of data is clearly defined in the contract.

I've yet to tether but could see me doing so if I buy a touchpad in the future.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123