Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    So out of no where Palm called me today and asked me for feedback about my WebOS experience. They new I had a Pre2 and asked if I planned to purchase the upcoming Pre3, Veer, or Touchpad. Saying only that they would be released in the Summer, the Veer in the next couple weeks. I asked about carriers and she said the Veer would be for AT&T, and the others did not have a carrier as of yet. I told her my suggestions for improvements but also that I preferred WebOS as is compared to iOS or Android. I told her one of the biggest drawbacks about WebOS was the small amount of apps compared to the other os's. But it was nice to have the opportunity to give my feedback!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3H0ff View Post
    I asked about carriers and she said the Veer would be for AT&T, and the others did not have a carrier as of yet. Forums[/i]
    ruby said at last engadget interview a month ago that they were in carrier testing, how long could that take?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    That's interesting that you would have a call from H/Palm out of the blue like that. It's also interesting that H/Palm is asking its users as to what is important to them, as well as to provide feedback for improvements to webOS as a whole. Thanks for letting us know about your experience, and hopefully many of us here in the community will have the same opportunity.
    I got a call from HPalm after leaving a email in the CEO's inbox about the insane length of time it's taking to come out with another webOS device on Sprint. The gentleman I spoke with said it would be out in the summer and made sure to say that means anytime from June 21st to September 21st...the wait continues.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Some weeks ago, I got a call from HP too.

They asked me, If I had any problems with my palm profile while switching from 1.4.5 to 2.0

So I can definitely confirm, that HP is calling customers for various reasons...however, the guy that called me, was located in Argentina, he told me.

I like it! :-)
    goin off track.. I had a chat with palm on palm chat that's featured on our phones a while back about the touchpad and gestures when I found out the playbook had gestures. The rep told me the touch pad with feature gestures like webos has always had. He then pointed out an example of some palm pic of the touch. I snapped some screen shots of our convo but can't upload due to me not having a computer but I thought I'd share. Wanted to make a post on this but never got around doin it.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Are you people on VZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ruby said at last engadget interview a month ago that they were in carrier testing, how long could that take?
    STUPID long
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I got a call from HPalm after leaving a email in the CEO's inbox about the insane length of time it's taking to come out with another webOS device on Sprint. The gentleman I spoke with said it would be out in the summer and made sure to say that means anytime from June 21st to September 21st...the wait continues.
    What was the first name of that dude that told you that?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Well the iPhone for VZW had been testing since 2008 so....
    I wish hp called me and ask if I will switch to the pre 3.
    I would answer just like they do... Maybe in the coming months or be patient or I can't say
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    What was the first name of that dude that told you that?
    Probably Leo .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    5 Months is more then I plan to wait. Ill have 30 days from may 8th .
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Got a call from Palm a little over an hour ago asking me to give them some feedback about the Pre 2 (Verizon) I had returned a little over 2 months ago. Had a fairly long conversation, with mostly me doing the talking on how I am patiently waiting for the Pre 3 as are many of them within the corporate office but he said everyone who is privy to the release dates of the products isn't speaking a word so they (Palm employee's) are pretty much in the same boat as us.

Like a few others who have gotten these calls, I was completely taken off-guard when I pick up a call from area code 407 and the guy tells him he is calling from Palm. Its pretty silly but you feel the sense of importance that the manufacturer themselves would calls its customers directly for feedback. He did tell me that they have been doing this since the time when the first Pre was released on Sprint. Being that I never had that phone and was just recently introduced to webOS, I thought it might have been a fairly new thing they are doing. Nevertheless, as far as phone manufacturers go, he did say they are the only ones to do this and I dont have any reason not to believe him since I nor do I know anyone else who has gotten calls from any other manufacturer of phones they currently own or have owned in the past.
    I hope one calls me someday. I would say "Hey, it's cool and all that you call us to hear what we want but it's also the dumbest thing on earth considering you know just as much as me and my opinion isn't going to change anything important." Also I would tell him I have 2 upgrades on my account and I'll use one for an HTC Trophy if the Pre 3 doesn't get here soon.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Weird, I was curious if anybody else got a call from Palm. Ignored the number the first two times they called until I put the number in Google to find out it was their corporate number. I called them back and they said they were calling to ask about my opinion on the Pre 2. They knew I had returned it and were curious why. I simply told them the sliders were far too loose on the ones I received and decided it would be better money spent to wait for the Pre 3.

I was surprised to see they were calling and I'm quite shocked to see a company go out of their way randomly to get real user feedback.

They wouldn't give me any details on release dates and only noted the TouchPad was coming out soon.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Sounds like the majority of people getting calls are on VZW.

Sad for us OG Pre users on Sprint. I probably wouldn't call me either though. Pretty hacked off at having no webOS option to even consider now. I mean at least AT&T and VZ have the Pre 2... Soon to be Pre 3 and Veer.
    Interesting. I'm curious how much stock they are putting in the feedback. I'm sure some since they are taking the time to call.

Most of my complaints I have with WebOS is mostly VZW fault (long waits for updates). I guess I'd complain about the long wait for the Pre3 after its announcement.

ET
    I got a call from a HP rep after complaining to the CEO about the missing update for my pre-. Funny though that the guy who called me was totally unaware of the possibility to update the legacy devices. He also had no clue about future plans or release dates for Germany. Positive: They respond to mails. Negative: The person calling is not really familiar with the product, most likely just a call center ...