1.    #1  
    What do you think the Pre 3 will be marketed as?

With Ruby calling it a "work horse" I feel like the Pre 3 will be marketed mainly as a business phone or a Blackberry competitor. Something for the professional to carry and get their work done while still highlighting the fact that it works great as an entertainment device.

I feel like whatever comes next (that keyboardless slab phone?) will be marketed as the "every day" device to compete more with all the Android phones and the iPhone and they'll push multimedia and gaming more.

What do you think?
    Pre3+TouchPad is the new technology mullet.

business on the phone, party on the tablet.
    terms like work horse phone, business phone, professional's phone etc. are best examples how Rubby is clueless about current trends in smartphone business.
    i don't think it will be marketed as anything specialized like a teen phone or business phone. I think they'll just have commerical touting features and that's it. There's no need to limit you're market by prematurely labeling it this or that thus excluding anyone not in that category. It'll just be "Introducing the Pre 3. It does this and this and that and that and also this and wow would ya look at that. Buy now." But i'm sure it will hit the exact stuff they've said before, "synergy, multitasking," and i say that cause everytime i hear Ruby and Apotheker talk about webos they seem to have similar talking points, all though Apotheker has a lot more corporate jargon.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i don't think it will be marketed as anything specialized like a teen phone or business phone. I think they'll just have commerical touting features and that's it. There's no need to limit you're market by prematurely labeling it this or that thus excluding anyone not in that category. It'll just be "Introducing the Pre 3. It does this and this and that and that and also this and wow would ya look at that. Buy now." But i'm sure it will hit the exact stuff they've said before, "synergy, multitasking," and i say that cause everytime i hear Ruby and Apotheker talk about webos they seem to have similar talking points, all though Apotheker has a lot more corporate jargon.
    I just feel that since the hardware is a little behind the pack (especially when it actually releases) that marketing it as a secure and productive business phone may be a way to kind of mask that fact.

You're probably right though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post
    I just feel that since the hardware is a little behind the pack (especially when it actually releases) that marketing it as a secure and productive business phone may be a way to kind of mask that fact.

I have not seen any info of a 1.4GHz (or better) device on the horizon. How is this "behind the pack"? Dual core is still unproven. Atrix at the att store was not fast compared to my Pre 2.

EDIT: once it is released, it COULD be on par, but not behind.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

It is no slouch, that HP Pre 3. Fastest single core processor ( mobile ), enough ram to keep it relevant. So why is it behind the pack?
    I agree, Pre3 specs are more than relevant.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I think it will be marketed as part of the HP Ecosystem
    Market the pre3 for busy moms and we got a winner.
    What do you think the Pre 3 will be marketed as?

With Ruby calling it a "work horse" I feel like the Pre 3 will be marketed mainly as a business phone or a Blackberry competitor. Something for the professional to carry and get their work done while still highlighting the fact that it works great as an entertainment device.

I feel like whatever comes next (that keyboardless slab phone?) will be marketed as the "every day" device to compete more with all the Android phones and the iPhone and they'll push multimedia and gaming more.

What do you think?
    It is hard to believe we are still asking questions like this. HP in my opinion is blowing it big time by not already having a marketing campaign out highlighting the hardware and WebOS. They are wasing time they can't get back, and are so far behind in the first place. We should have a clear picture of what capabilities these devices have with each other, and alone, and how WebOS works if we have never laid hands on one, because that is the user HP is going to have to win over. All folks here are waiting and wanting, but what about the rest of the market?
    I guess I almost question HP's commitment to WebOS and it's devices.
    Last edited by sandlizard; 04/29/2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: addition
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
    It is hard to believe we are still asking questions like this. HP in my opinion is blowing it big time by not already having a marketing campaign out highlighting the hardware and WebOS. They are wasing time they can't get back, and are so far behind in the first place. We should have a clear picture of what capabilities these devices have with each other, and alone, and how WebOS works if we have never laid hands on one, because that is the user HP is going to have to win over. All folks here are waiting and wanting, but what about the rest of the market?
    I guess I almost question HP's commitment to WebOS and it's devices.
    Why pay for advertising webOS now with no devices to sell? Those dollars are much better spent when people can buy or at least pre-order a TouchPad or Pre3.
    Maybe there are waiting until 2-3 weeks before the planned shipment so they can honor Leo's previous statement that products will ship soon after announcement. Everyone is upset because HP made that big splash in February but shipments aren't until "summer". Now, we want them to pre-announce shipment dates that are likely out there some. We can't have it both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Why pay for advertising webOS now with no devices to sell? Those dollars are much better spent when people can buy or at least pre-order a TouchPad or Pre3.
    I dunno, that seemed to work well for Verizon with their Droid Does campaign.