Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    So why are we debating build quality in a thread entitled FCC application?

We all have our opinions on build quality but start a build quality guessing thread elsewhere!
    Thanks for that.
    Just call me Berd.
    Posting my comment made in response to the front page article in this thread since it seems there is still quite a debate about what the "N" in B94HHF30CN means.

Derek wrote: The "straight GSM Pre 3 ended with an “N,” which we really can’t connect to “GSM” or “AT&T” in any manner."

Actually we can. The "N" may stand for "North American" In the Pre, Pre +, and Pre 2, the comms boards for North American 3G bands carriers use, 850 and 1900 MHz (except TMO) and are marked "NA".

According to the FCC filing, the Pre 3 GSM (not the CDMA/GSM world phone version) uses the same 3G bands as the Telcel Pre, the AT&T Pre +, the unlocked Pre 2 for North America and the Rogers Canada Pre 2 - all of these devices have the "NA comms board inside and are designed to operate using 3G bands 850 MHz and 1900 MHz.

That should help connect the "N" to the Pre 3 GSM FCC filing, "N" for NA = North American comms board!

Everyone has assumed the Pre 3 GSM would be released on AT&T first due to the 850/1900 3G bands in the FCC filing, what if the first "GSM" Pre 3 shows up on Rogers Canada, or Telcel Mexico? Doubtful, but entirely possible! At this point we really do not know, do we????

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    HI all,

At this point I think we should consult a Phrenologist, LOL!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Is there a way to tell from the FCC filing which Category HSPA+ (10 / 20 / etc.) is included?
    New FCC ID B94HHF30CV posted on 5/10

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...7B94HHF30CV%27

Wonder what this will be? So we've got B94HHF30CN and B94HHF30CV so far.

edit: just saw the other thread... oops!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kevets; 05/16/2011 at 09:24 AM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Is there any chance of a Pre3 working on t-mobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Doesn't look like neither have AWS.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    The one that has passed FCC already will work on 2G (up to EDGE speed) with T-Mobile USA. For HP to release one that will do 3G/'4G' on T-Mo, there will have to be another device FCC filing (not out of the question).

T-Mo's rumored leaked device schedule for the year didn't include any HP phones, though.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    sorry for being dense...I assume Pre3 will be quad GSM but will it have the 2100 band UMTS so it can work in Japan and Korea? Also, any ideas if there will be an unlocked variety?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    sorry for being dense...I assume Pre3 will be quad GSM but will it have the 2100 band UMTS so it can work in Japan and Korea? Also, any ideas if there will be an unlocked variety?
    Euro will be 900/1900/2100, US will be 850/1900/2100. Both will support GSM 850/900/1800/1900.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Excellent. Hope there's a reasonably priced US version with no carrier (unlocked) so I can feed my new webOS habit (TouchPad and Veer at the moment).
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456