Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    How much time have you spent using the Pre3 to have such a solid opinion that it's the same as your Pre+. News flash, it's the most solid and well designed phone I've seen. Unless you've actually used it... you might want to hold off declaring how poorly it is made, cuz you are not even close.
    It's the same cheap plastic. It will wear. Within a year there will be threads about the phones falling apart. You may have seen and gasp! held one, but you haven't used one for days or weeks in a row. My Pre+ was solid out of the box too, but the slider slowly broke in and then basically broke. (Oreo.) The keys used to work too. And I really don't see the Pre3 being significantly better. Sorry.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    It's the same cheap plastic. It will wear. Within a year there will be threads about the phones falling apart
    You can't judge plastic quality based on pictures. Iphone's plastic is great, but how you can tell how good is it just looking product picture.
    Also, you can't be sure that Pre3 will suffer from Oreo. Original Pre suffered from Oreo not because plastic quality. It was because lousy slider design.
    It's the same cheap plastic. It will wear. Within a year there will be threads about the phones falling apart. You may have seen and gasp! held one, but you haven't used one for days or weeks in a row. My Pre+ was solid out of the box too, but the slider slowly broke in and then basically broke. (Oreo.) The keys used to work too. And I really don't see the Pre3 being significantly better. Sorry.
    So then my blackberry that's over two years should be falling appart then, right? And my dads epic shouldn't last him over a year correct? There is no way you can know if its the same quality without holding it and inspecting it. And if you think the pre+ was solid ... You will be amazed at the quality of pre 2/pre 3. Everyone who has seen it (and used it pre 2) say its better.
    It's the same cheap plastic.
    Can I ask you how you know that? Unless you are referring to all plastic as the same, you're most definitely wrong. Many different materials come under the lay term "plastic," but have wildly different qualities. Are you saying the plastic used in the Palm III is the same as the plastic in the Pre+ and Pre3? You may call them all plastic, but they're made with different materials.

If you're looking for a fully-encased metal phone, good luck getting any reception with that. Any phone made today is going to have plastic in it. You can either educate yourself about how the plastic differs and deal with it, or you can just refuse to buy a phone altogether.

Don't you find it kind of amazing that everyone who has held a Pre3 claims it is far superior to the Pre+, yet you who have never even seen it in person claim it's the same?
    I'm not sure if it was this thread or another, but the Pre2 is such an impressive built device.
    The Pre3 is said to be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm not sure if it was this thread or another, but the Pre2 is such an impressive built device.
    And the pre 2 was out last year. Have we heard any stories of it falling apart yet?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Sorry to bring up an off topic question. I'm new to this forum, and the instructions for making a new post, is confusing. I can't find the "new post" button, and can't contact administrators. In forum topics there is no heading for Palm Pre Plus, which I have questions about. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The FAQ has not been that useful for me. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by joffee View Post
    Sorry to bring up an off topic question. I'm new to this forum, and the instructions for making a new post, is confusing. I can't find the "new post" button, and can't contact administrators. In forum topics there is no heading for Palm Pre Plus, which I have questions about. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The FAQ has not been that useful for me. Thank you.
    Let's continue our discussion here:

http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...st-button.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    And the pre 2 was out last year. Have we heard any stories of it falling apart yet?
    The working demo phones I've seen in person always seem nice and responsive and easy to use. I wouldn't mind using a Pre 2 at all.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Hi all,

Since I had to wait to last Oct for my Contract to end, I might as well wait for the Pre 3! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    yeah very bad statemnt I myself had a launch day pre and never had any issue with the build quality. Frankly I though it was overexaggerated IMO from even people I knew had one and never had a issue either. I then sold it 6 months ago upgraded to 2.1 for 150 dollars (w extras) on ebay within a week because it was still in perfect shape with no major scratchs and 0 cosmetic issues with the slider, usb port etc. As well as Ive used the Pre2 and have a htc arrive and can say the build and materials are identical with the pre 3 being even better quality. So no very bad statement again, and If I were you I would get either evidence, or just think about what your going to say before you say it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The Pre still has life.
    **Save $348 by Switching to Allstate 877-751-1167 Youíre in Good Handsģ**
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The Pre2 that I have is head and shoulders above the quality of my original Pre. If the Pre3 is on a par with the Pre2 then it will be fine, hopefully it may be even better. Pre2 feels solid and built to last.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Just about every wireless n router has wireless G as well. Link me to your router.

Also, this FCC mentions 2.4ghz Wireless N. Not 5ghz.
    Yes, my router is capable of broadcasting both G and N. I did that for a while right after I got it, but my speeds are much higher when just transmitting N.

If the Pre3 only has 2.4ghz N, I can set my router to broadcast on both 2.4 and 5ghz with just wireless N. That is no problem for me. I just don't want to have to run dualband at with both G and N since the speeds are so much slower.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    The Pre2 that I have is head and shoulders above the quality of my original Pre. If the Pre3 is on a par with the Pre2 then it will be fine, hopefully it may be even better. Pre2 feels solid and built to last.
    If the Pre 3's slider is anything like the Veer's, then it's an improvement, even upon the Pre 2's slider.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I think the next thread I read in reference to the Pre3 will read something like "Pre3 on Sprint confirmed...really!"

Cause crap like ths just makes me salivate.
    The CDMA Pre3 has an FCC ID B94HHF30CV.... Verizon?

Although then I couldn't explain who is GSM B94HHF30CN is for.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    The CDMA Pre3 has an FCC ID B94HHF30CV.... Verizon?

Although then I couldn't explain who is GSM B94HHF30CN is for.
    Just guessing .....
    For NA, since 850 and 1900 are for the most part ATT and the device when unlocked can be used on any North American Carrier (except Wind - and TMO for now)????
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/10/2011 at 11:48 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Were you using your Pre + as a Frisbee or a boomarang? Only asking 'cuz I downgraded my unlocked GSM Pre 2's slider to an AT&T Pre Plus slider about two months ago. Its still as solid as the donor Pre Plus's slider was right out of its box, although the Pre 2's slider did feel more robust.

I have no complaints with the Pre Plus slider ........
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/10/2011 at 11:46 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    So why are we debating build quality in a thread entitled FCC application?

We all have our opinions on build quality but start a build quality guessing thread elsewhere!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast