Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 111
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    My Prediction:

    Veer 4G on at&t late May or beginning of June.
    Pre 3 4G on at&t late July or beginning of August.

    Then both the Veer and Pre 3 will be out on Verizon by November and everybody on Sprint will be saying, "Sprint skipped the Pre 3 because they are getting the Pre 4!"
    Oh man, what you say is probably true since AT&T always seems to get the new phones quickly, with Verizon lagging behind. Makes me feel like the guy in your avatar!

    Last edited by kevets; 04/26/2011 at 08:37 PM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  2. #42  
    I jumped ship, I couldnt waited any more, went out and got i4 + ipad2 what did it for me is no news from HP and Sprint is not getting it, plus the apps. And I must I have no regrets, and I think HP loosing lot of people that were on the fence. I would have gotten the Pre3 with touchpad if they came out in feb.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Check out the labeling... helloooo AT&T - check out the SIM on the label.

    Oh and if you go here you can search - https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

    From here you can type in Hewlett Packard and a date range to see it - or you can go right to it by putting B94 in grantee code and HHF30CN in product code, then at the results page if you click on summary instead of detail it will display a summary of all documents received and their release dates. That's where the 10/15 comes from.

    If I do the same for the HP VEER ID O8F-BROY we can see its photos are confidential through 8/21. So whenever the Veer comes out, I'd say the Pre3 is a couple months off.

    May/July would be sweet indeed
    Another thing to note that is the Pre3 uses HP's grantee code whereas the Veer uses Palm's. Which could mean the Pre3 is the first phone HP has input into, and the Veer is simply a rebadge.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4. #44  
    Touchpad is in there under the HP code as well... they are busy with the filings this week. Hopefully this produces some interest!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  5. #45  
    Remember the Pre 3 that had "Verizon Wireless" in the carrier string? Ya, VZW is getting the Pre 3.
  6. Ulairi's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I jumped ship, I couldnt waited any more, went out and got i4 + ipad2 what did it for me is no news from HP and Sprint is not getting it, plus the apps. And I must I have no regrets, and I think HP loosing lot of people that were on the fence. I would have gotten the Pre3 with touchpad if they came out in feb.
    I did the same thing but I just sold my iPad and I'll sell my iPhone 4 when the Pre 3 comes out. The apps don't make up for the deficiencies of iOS and it is never clearer until I used the iPad. Making the iPad a giant iPod Touch is a big mistake. Apple needs to fix multi tasking and how app switching works. If I'm using a tablet, I need to be able to multi task better such as watching a movie on netflix and wanting to pop out and check my e-mail while still allowing the movie to run. That's juts one example. HP has an inroad by innovating and creating a better product.
  7. #47  
    I would still like to see two apps at once open on the touchpad, but i highly doubt its going to happen.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    I did the same thing but I just sold my iPad and I'll sell my iPhone 4 when the Pre 3 comes out. The apps don't make up for the deficiencies of iOS and it is never clearer until I used the iPad. Making the iPad a giant iPod Touch is a big mistake. Apple needs to fix multi tasking and how app switching works. If I'm using a tablet, I need to be able to multi task better such as watching a movie on netflix and wanting to pop out and check my e-mail while still allowing the movie to run. That's juts one example. HP has an inroad by innovating and creating a better product.
    You know, I don't really need any old tablet. A smartphone is a necessity, but there's no compelling reason for me to get a generic tablet.

    However, I would get a TouchPad, if I had a webOS phone to marry it to. You're right, an iPad is just a big iPod Touch. I've already got one of those. But a TouchPad that did double-duty as a pad and a phone would truly be a useful tool.

    A TouchPad by itself? It doesn't make the sale, for me.

    Sadly, I'm a Sprint user and it doesn't seem likely there'll be any phones for me when the Touchpad comes out, or any time afterwards. Yeah, there's the rumored slab, but fer cryin' out loud, even Androids have physical keyboards. I don't think folks buy iThings because they hate keyboards..
  9. #49  
    TouchPad will be easier to pick up and use compared to iPad just for the fact it doesn't have to be stuck to iTunes.

    (although bringing back media sync would be quite alright with me)
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  10. #50  
    Another thing to consider is that, while Palm had a relationship with Sprint, HP--back when it still sold iPaq phones--has always been loyal to AT&T. In fact they have never made a CDMA phone. I'm not sure what the reasoning is there, but it will be interesting to see if they have changed their ways.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  11. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I jumped ship, I couldnt waited any more, went out and got i4 + ipad2 what did it for me is no news from HP and Sprint is not getting it, plus the apps. And I must I have no regrets, and I think HP loosing lot of people that were on the fence. I would have gotten the Pre3 with touchpad if they came out in feb.
    Still wanna come back I guess cause you post here.

    iOS, good riddance. Begone to Tipb!
  12. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Another thing to consider is that, while Palm had a relationship with Sprint, HP--back when it still sold iPaq phones--has always been loyal to AT&T. In fact they have never made a CDMA phone. I'm not sure what the reasoning is there, but it will be interesting to see if they have changed their ways.
    GSM phones are easier to do. Plus, they were NEVER big wireless players. This comparison is kinda useless unless you point out that HP's "wireless channels" only included AT&T before the acquisition.

    Edit: mostly included
    Last edited by bnceo; 04/27/2011 at 06:15 AM.
  13. #53  
    hp has been selling networks through verizon for years. Many had cdma radios in them.

    for example:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0029ZAJQE/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/187-0618088-6003125
  14. #54  
    You know it doesn't surprise me that they could be getting the first round of WebOS devices as an exclusive. Think about it. AT&T been trying to get a new exclusive that will help with loosing iPhone exclusive. First with Windows Phone 7 and now with WebOS. The only thing is if it was true that it will be exclusive for any amount of time and AT&T was the exclusive launch partner it would have been announced back in Feb. 2011. So who knows what will happen, but I doubt AT&T will have it an exclusive for long.
  15. #55  
    hey over at webosroundup they make a good point that no where in the documents does it mention a slider, or Pre 3. Also we all know that the Pre 3 is a world phone, not GSM only. They also concluded that the device is said to be running 2.3 not 2.2 which is what was stated to be launched with the pre 3. So is it possiable this is NOT the Pre 3, and something else, and we again are jumping the gun.


    See that image to the left? That is what the FCC label will look like on a phone that just cleared the FCC. While we would love to shout out that it is the Pre 3, we are uncertain of that.

    The main reason is that nowhere in the FCC documents does it say Pre 3, nor does it reference frequency outputs in the “open” or “closed” positions (that is, when the slider mechanism is open or closed) as the Pre 2 and Veer documents do. The secondary reason is that in those documents it references webOS 2.3 as the tested OS version, whereas we’ve only ever expected webOS 2.2 to be the version launching on the Pre 3, particularly since the Palm Developer Portal used to reference that version of webOS as being the version to launch with the Pre 3.

    So what we know at this time is that this phone that cleared the FCC is headed to the US, Canada, or Mexico, due to it


    HP Phone and HP TouchPad Visit FCC | webOSroundup
  16. #56  
    That would mean an AT&T exclusive maybe the stingray we seen?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    This is going to be me. My daughter bought herself an i4 and frankly it makes my Pre+ look like it came out of a Cracker Jack box. Since the Pre3 is essentially the same cheap plastic body but bigger there's no relief there. If the Pre3 were to be released today it would be behind in terms of hardware, and that doesn't even touch the app iceberg.
    huh? have you handled the pre 3 yet? last time I checked it is def not the same cheap plastic body of the previous Pres. Second the Specs alone are if not the same better then even whats still not out yet. It has all the bells and whistles the front cam, rear cam (megapix dont matter again unless you have over 20) the processor alone is more then anything on the market or coming at 1.4ghz. Screen size is what it is, and resolution is that of even the likes of the new Tmobile Gx2 at 800x480. So again im not sure you know the facts, or really weigh specs vs specs.
  18. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    huh? have you handled the pre 3 yet? last time I checked it is def not the same cheap plastic body of the previous Pres. Second the Specs alone are if not the same better then even whats still not out yet. It has all the bells and whistles the front cam, rear cam (megapix dont matter again unless you have over 20) the processor alone is more then anything on the market or coming at 1.4ghz. Screen size is what it is, and resolution is that of even the likes of the new Tmobile Gx2 at 800x480. So again im not sure you know the facts, or really weigh specs vs specs.
    If you were to show someone two phones with all things being equal except one had a resolution of 800x480 and the other had 960x640 (ignore the fact that the images would look skewed if the phones were the same size. I'm just talking image quality) I bet most couldn't tell the difference.

    Give them two phones with all things equal except one had a 5MP camera and the other had an 8MP camera and I bet for what most people use their camera for, they couldn't tell a difference.

    Give someone two phones with all things being equal except one has a 1.4 GHz single core processor and the other has a 1Ghz dual core processor, and without doing a side-by-side comparison, if you were to have them open angry birds on one, then open it on the other, I doubt they would be able to tell you definitively which one opened faster.

    I don't think people really know what they want. $200 and 2 years is a big commitment and people want to feel that they got the best for their money. Higher specs = better deal to them. I don't understand why user interface wouldn't be the #1 priority on everyone's list of phone features, but that's just me.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    If you were to show someone two phones with all things being equal except one had a resolution of 800x480 and the other had 960x640 (ignore the fact that the images would look skewed if the phones were the same size. I'm just talking image quality) I bet most couldn't tell the difference.

    Give them two phones with all things equal except one had a 5MP camera and the other had an 8MP camera and I bet for what most people use their camera for, they couldn't tell a difference.

    Give someone two phones with all things being equal except one has a 1.4 GHz single core processor and the other has a 1Ghz dual core processor, and without doing a side-by-side comparison, if you were to have them open angry birds on one, then open it on the other, I doubt they would be able to tell you definitively which one opened faster.

    I don't think people really know what they want. $200 and 2 years is a big commitment and people want to feel that they got the best for their money. Higher specs = better deal to them. I don't understand why user interface wouldn't be the #1 priority on everyone's list of phone features, but that's just me.


    I couldnt have said it better
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    huh? have you handled the pre 3 yet? last time I checked it is def not the same cheap plastic body of the previous Pres. Second the Specs alone are if not the same better then even whats still not out yet. It has all the bells and whistles the front cam, rear cam (megapix dont matter again unless you have over 20) the processor alone is more then anything on the market or coming at 1.4ghz. Screen size is what it is, and resolution is that of even the likes of the new Tmobile Gx2 at 800x480. So again im not sure you know the facts, or really weigh specs vs specs.
    nor do I think that the individual has handled and used a Pre 2, wellwellwell.

    holding the Pre 2 in my hand right now is like night and day vs the original Pre. Thing is built well, and I can't wait to see what the Pre 3 is like as well.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions