Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Check out the labeling... helloooo AT&T - check out the SIM on the label.

Oh and if you go here you can search - https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

From here you can type in Hewlett Packard and a date range to see it - or you can go right to it by putting B94 in grantee code and HHF30CN in product code, then at the results page if you click on summary instead of detail it will display a summary of all documents received and their release dates. That's where the 10/15 comes from.

If I do the same for the HP VEER ID O8F-BROY we can see its photos are confidential through 8/21. So whenever the Veer comes out, I'd say the Pre3 is a couple months off.

May/July would be sweet indeed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Unless this Verizon Pre3 (pic below) was just for units testing, but a Verizon Pre3 was there and posted on PC front page
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oh wait does Verizon have this as a world phone? Both GSM/CDMA? That could explain the SIM card, if we are looking at a VZW device here.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Pre 3 is a world phone.
    Hi all,

Before anyone gets very upset...keep in mind that Ruby did discuss a dual band world phone.....it may still be the Pre 3...If not it may pay to take a 1 year contract w/ a higher co pay on the phone and by that time there will be other version of webOS phones out there....

Ruby and Leo did both say there would be other smartphone announcements this year.

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Just trying to understand What is a global phone?

What is a Global Phone?

A Global Phone is built with both CDMA and one or more of the following technologies: Dual Band GSM, Quad Band GSM, or UMTS capabilities. To see the most recent addition of Global-capable devices built with this technology in the Verizon Wireless line-up please refer to the Global Phones section of our Global Phone website.

Answers to FAQs
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    FYI:

The FCC info no longer has codenames built into the numbers. PRE had CAS and the Veer had BRO (Broadway). Guess that's over as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    I looks like the Pre3 FCC Application has been submitted. Looks like AT&T bands, but where are the CDMA bands?

webOS 2.3 Tipped in AT&T HP Pre 3 FCC Application?

Thanks for sharing.
    <<Stickied>>

Also, Thank you, Bev for Tipping Front Page.
    FrontPage:
    FCC filing says Pre 3 to launch with webOS 2.3 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/26/2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Hold off on the optimism. This is not a CDMA/GSM phone. This phone is GSM only. WCDMA is not the same thing as CDMA, as has already been pointed out. You can read the documents from the FCC yourself and see that there are no CDMA/WiMax/LTE radios in this phone. As such, it is safe to say this particular phone is intended solely for AT&T. Judging by the label, which clearly has tracks cut into it to accommodate a sliding mechanism, this is indeed the Pre3. What this means is that AT&T will likely be getting the Pre3 before Sprint or VZW, since a CDMA version of the Pre3 has yet to be submitted.

Interesting to see HP using their own FCC ID code for phones again.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Since there is nothing in the FCC filing that says this is the Pre 3, isn't it possible that this could be that keyboard less slab that was leaked a few weeks ago?
    First off, it's doubtful that HP would submit the unannounced slab to the FCC before submitting the already-in-the-works Pre3. Secondly, just by looking at the design of the label, you can see that this is going to be a portrait slider phone. I can't think of anything else it could be other than the Pre3.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Another thing we can assume from the FCC info is that the Pre3 will come with a TouchStone back pre-installed, since the submission contains the 3.1MHz band. For devices like the Pixi and the original Palm, the 3.1MHz band was not included with the submission for the phone because the TouchStone backs were sold separately. There are actually separate FCC submissions from Palm just for Pixi and Pre TouchStone backs. When Palm started including the TouchStone backs with the phones, the 3.1MHz band was included in the FCC submission for the phone, as we have here.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    im not seeing the 3.1MHz anywhere on this....
    https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicat...tml?id=1453691

Page 11 shows the 3.1 MHz band, page 8 actually shows a diagram of the phone sitting on an inductive charger.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    There you have it folks, the pre3 will get released by oct. Heh. More waiting :-p

Honestly thoe, we can predict a june release since the Veer is in May. But also AT&T is the launch partner as I have been saying all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    There you have it folks, the pre3 will get released by oct. Heh. More waiting :-p

Honestly thoe, we can predict a june release since the Veer is in May. But also AT&T is the launch partner as I have been saying all along.
    My Prediction:

Veer 4G on at&t late May or beginning of June.
    Pre 3 4G on at&t late July or beginning of August.

Then both the Veer and Pre 3 will be out on Verizon by November and everybody on Sprint will be saying, "Sprint skipped the Pre 3 because they are getting the Pre 4!"
    god this is taking forever. Im so close to jumping ship now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    god this is taking forever. Im so close to jumping ship now.
    You can count me in on that, I will be at sprint may 8th to give the nexus a go. Its the only android i'd ever even think about trying. Non of that half-who non-supported ui expierence the other phones are.

But whenever the Pre3 came to sprint (if), I have my doubts. I would without a doubt switch back as some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    You can count me in on that, I will be at sprint may 8th to give the nexus a go. Its the only android i'd ever even think about trying. Non of that half-who non-supported ui expierence the other phones are.

But whenever the Pre3 came to sprint (if), I have my doubts. I would without a doubt switch back as some point.
    well whenever this comes out ill get it if on sprint, but for everyone out there I have a HTC Arrive for sprint on another line, and hands down WP7 is second only to webos. If I were you and everyone else I would highly consider it as a replacement, or a placeholder for the Pre 3. Ive tried alot of android devices (eVO 6 months, shift 3 months) and they all are the same in a different shell, but are not as fluent, or innovated as Webos, nor WP7. Also WP7 has over 15k apps already, and pretty much all the support you would want from developers, as well as the full slide out keyboard is def the best in the biz, read engagdets and BGR's review of it. Oh and I get 18 hrs to 22 hrs of battery life from the original battery with pretty much heavy use a day.
    I bet they are waiting for carrier certification to finish and waiting until carriera announce pre 3 to file cdma.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast