1.    #1  
    I thought it would interesting to post the date of the last time Pre3 is mentioned / listed on Google news. A qucik search reveals a brief mention on April 17th on TFTS blog. Before that was 4/7 unwired. The length of time between articles is decreasing. I can feel the buzz building. End sarcasm.

In all seriousness when did the moto droid start advertising? For some reason it seemed months ahead of time and mostly in movie theaters.
    Battlefield 3 is also starting advertising now when the game will be available in november
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Battlefield 3 is also starting advertising now when the game will be available in november
    i have been waiting for this game since Battlefield 2. lol. I have it preordered.
    But the thing with these franchise video games is, you KNOW the next one will be available to you. As in, I don't have to go buy an XBOX to play BC3. I can just buy the PS3 version from the jump.

>_>

I've given up hope for the Pre 3 coming to Sprint, but I'll still use my Pre- until it self destructs on me. Then hope they still have a refurb to send me via Asurion.
    Lol. there will be riots in the street if Sprint doesn't get something this summer.

Ok, well maybe not riots. but they will for sure have a lot of angry customers. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Lol. there will be riots in the street if Sprint doesn't get something this summer.

Ok, well maybe not riots. but they will for sure have a lot of angry customers. :P
    I'll be pretty dang upset. But I looked at pricing for plans today on AT$T & Verizon, and I think Sprint realizes they've got us by the wallet. webOS dilletantes or those who were reasonably happy with the phones have left (yet continue to swarm here to mock us). Some of the harder-core folks have given up and gotten Androids or iThings. I think I'm in the next ring - very big fan of webOS, holding out until the summer. If Sprint doesn't get one, I'll think long and hard about moving to a different carrier, but then will have to cave and just get whatever smartphone they do carry.

What does Sprint gain by not carrying a "fan-phone"? Sure we're a small audience, but how much overhead is that extra training & support?

And the more I think about a slab with a virtual keyboard, the less I like it.

Heck, if Sprint gets a slab or nothing, I think I'll just get a feature-phone.
    I'd prefer the Pre3 but i guess until i see what a webOS slab phone looks like i wont know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I'll be pretty dang upset. But I looked at pricing for plans today on AT$T & Verizon, and I think Sprint realizes they've got us by the wallet. .
    how do you figure, I had been thinking about possibly switching back to sprint from at&t, but the prices are almost the same.

here are the individual prices on both sprint and at&t at 450 anytime min, unlimited text, unlimited any mobile, and data.
    Sprint - 69.99 + 10 (4g) = $79.99
    At&t - 39.99 + 20 (unltmited text and anymobile) + 25 (2gb data)= $84.99

Family plan 700 on at&t and 1500 on sprint with 2 lines, any mobile, unlimited texts, and data.
    Sprint - 129.99 + 20 (2 lines 4g) = 149.99
    At&t - 69.99 + 30(unlmtd text & anymobile) + 50(2 2gb data plans) = $149.99

So you save $5 on the individual plan and the family plans are the same. of course the trade offs are sprint gives you 5gb of data while at&t only gives you 2gb, but if you dont really need that much you can actually get the at&t plans cheaper by going with the cheaper data plans with a 200mb limit. Of course you can also save another $10 on sprint by not getting a 4g phone.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    how do you figure, I had been thinking about possibly switching back to sprint from at&t, but the prices are almost the same.

here are the individual prices on both sprint and at&t at 450 anytime min, unlimited text, unlimited any mobile, and data.

Family plan 700 on at&t and 1500 on sprint with 2 lines, any mobile, unlimited texts, and data.

So you save $5 on the individual plan and the family plans are the same. of course the trade offs are sprint gives you 5gb of data while at&t only gives you 2gb, but if you dont really need that much you can actually get the at&t plans cheaper by going with the cheaper data plans with a 200mb limit. Of course you can also save another $10 on sprint by not getting a 4g phone.
    Anyone worth their salt knows that there is also an extremely easy way to get 25% off (or more) your entire sprint bill. It's so common, that you might as well include it in your equation.
    Beanis...do tell. Apparently I am not worth my salt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Anyone worth their salt knows that there is also an extremely easy way to get 25% off (or more) your entire sprint bill. It's so common, that you might as well include it in your equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkreisberg22 View Post
    Beanis...do tell. Apparently I am not worth my salt!

yes this, and also dont forget about gps prices.

and for me, i get 23% off my bill every month because my mom works at a nursing home.

based on your job, you can get a pretty hefty discount on your bill.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post

I've done the same math and reached the same conclusions. I too am not worth any salt and am stupid enough to pay Sprint the amount charged (I have three times showed someone my credit union card and received a promise of a discount but it so far hasn't shown, and I don't believe it is anything near 20%.)

My plan for now is to stay with my Pre on Sprint until it dies, and then figure it out. But assuming the new Pre3 or even the Veer is not just a terribly disappointing product, given what I have seen on pricing I expect to be leaving Sprint if they do not get a webOS phone.