Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I was just call by Sprint after sending an email to dan@sprint.com. She told me that there had been alot (and I mean alot) of people sending in comments, email, and the like about wanting the Pre3 on Sprint. However, she did inform me that they have no current plans on adding the phone to their lineup. She then asked me why I loved WebOS and what features standout.
    What I believe is happening is that they decided not to jump on the WebOS bandwagon after what happend with the Pre. However, now they are getting so much feed back that they should get it that they are now seriously doing what they can to get it. This means that they is a 99% chance that they will get it because all of their customers are revolting, in a sense, and want it. But the fact is that they will be getting it after it gets released. Which means that it will be released on Verizon and AT&T then later will come to Sprint because Sprint still has to go through what Verizon and AT&T already have, going through and approving the phone or what ever they do to get it on their network.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Sorry, but I don't understand how you guys believe anything that the call center says. They know nothing that isn't already announced, and even if they did they could not relay that to customers. I am just going to go ahead and say that we will not know anymore than we do right now until we get an official announcement from either HP or Sprint.
    If you guys go on the sprint forums (must have a sprint account to post), there's a looong thread asking for new webos devices. A sprint moderator has said that they can't comment on any new/unreleased devices, but they have a great lineup of new phones: Nexus S or EVO 3D.

Unfortunately I'm will be staying with sprint with or w/o a new device. I just can't give up SERO LOL. If it goes only to ATT and Verizon, I'll buy myself a Pre2 and try a Frankenpre.
    done
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand how you guys believe anything that the call center says. They know nothing that isn't already announced, and even if they did they could not relay that to customers. I am just going to go ahead and say that we will not know anymore than we do right now until we get an official announcement from either HP or Sprint.
    I emailed dan@sprint.com. Dan Hessie is the CEO of sprint and his staff called me. Now don't try to say that if you are that far up you don't know anything about future phones.
    liked the page
    Screw 'em... My pre- has is on it's last leg. I've no plans to leave Sprint, but for 2 years I've stuck with WebOS and I get pooped on at renewal time with nothing to switch to or look forward. Friggin' jerks.
    hi all,

Don't throw the towel in just yet...none of us know for sure what's going one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Haha. I just emailed him too. I don't even know who he is! Man...peer pressure is a *****

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I want the Pre 3 or another Awesome WebOS Smart Phone. SPRINT GET IT OR I AM GGGOOOONNNNNEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just sent a email to dan expressing my desire for the pre3. Also told him I will leave sprint after 10 years with them if it doesn't come to sprint. Had enough of android and my EVO. Would have bought the pre2 but to many coworkers were disappointed with it. Still followed the development. Looks to be one hell of a OS. Let's just hope HP hits a home run with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    .... But the fact is that they will be getting it after it gets released. Which means that it will be released on Verizon and AT&T then later will come to Sprint because Sprint still has to go through what Verizon and AT&T already have, going through and approving the phone or what ever they do to get it on their network.
    Doesn't this kind of jive with the rumor from webosroundup? They said that sprint will be getting the pre3 in August (in addition to a keyboardless device). At this point with the want-ads for training personnel at BB, and Germany saying it's weeks away, it looks like the Pre3 will be released sometime in June.

If its only Verizon and ATT at launch, I say Precentral has to organize a full scale Facebook/email spamming demanding a Pre3. I remember when Precentral posted a story about HP telling a customer on FB to tell Sprint that you want the phone b/c they have the final say in the device, and Sprint's facebook page hundreds (thousands?) of messages for days asking for a webOS device.

I don't know if my pre- can last til August. I just spilled gatorade all over it this weekend LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheX-Man View Post
    Doesn't this kind of jive with the rumor from webosroundup? They said that sprint will be getting the pre3 in August (in addition to a keyboardless device). At this point with the want-ads for training personnel at BB, and Germany saying it's weeks away, it looks like the Pre3 will be released sometime in June.

If its only Verizon and ATT at launch, I say Precentral has to organize a full scale Facebook/email spamming demanding a Pre3. I remember when Precentral posted a story about HP telling a customer on FB to tell Sprint that you want the phone b/c they have the final say in the device, and Sprint's facebook page hundreds (thousands?) of messages for days asking for a webOS device.

I don't know if my pre- can last til August. I just spilled gatorade all over it this weekend LOL
    at least you have a smartphone. My Evo was stolen and I'm stuck with a rumor 2. Consider yourself lucky. I'll be switching over to Verizon for a number of reasons, one being that Sprint is just going down the drain with prices and service. Come July I'll be getting a Pre3 any which way.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I'm hanging on! I'm wiping and resetting my phone as I type this. Keyboard is going haywire on me...reboots only make it work temporarily.

I'm hopeful the Pre 3 comes to Sprint.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    The hell with HP. When Leo the Ceo made the statement about rolling out product soon after announcements and then immediately went against that, you knew he has the integrity of the likes at Enron.

While webOS is a great creation with Apple thinking, the company behind it lacks an empowered visionary (i.e. Steve Jobs). Key word is empowered. Rubinstein can't get crap out the door as fast as he'd like with the "structure."

The fact that the OS has manufacturer testing folowed by carrier specific testing that takes forever and results in no updates (ala Pre-) proves that this marriage can't get squat done and surely won't with Sprint. The don't care about the evangelists that bought in to the cool aid and loved it.

Learn from this. Go Nexus S 4G if you like Sprint. It's a Google branded device made by Samsung. This means Google can test everything on their own first and pump out updates WITHOUT CARRIER BLOAT-WARE... and all the other Android "enthusiasts" can clamor as to why they don't get updates. (Hmmm. Sound familiar.)

The fact that Google chose to connect a key element of service in their lineup to Sprint means that it will have to stay. They can't just yank it like Sprint dumped webOS.
    Joined, Liked, Whatever, Done. I want my Sprint Pre3 and a WiFi Touchpad, but I hate to admit, I am Sprint loyal (price makes the difference along with coverage for me), but I will probably NOT get the Touchpad if I can't pair it up with a Pre3.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajffja View Post
    Learn from this. Go Nexus S 4G if you like Sprint. It's a Google branded device made by Samsung. This means Google can test everything on their own first and pump out updates WITHOUT CARRIER BLOAT-WARE... and all the other Android "enthusiasts" can clamor as to why they don't get updates. (Hmmm. Sound familiar.)
    Is the Nexus S also immune to Google's 18 month update life?
    I was chatting with someone from HP's sales department today... Here is the transcript. Take it with a grain of salt.

Tim: Welcome to HP Chat, please tell me the nature of your visit to chat today? (ie: technical support, pre- sales question, purchase, or quote)
    Guest: Hey Tim
    Tim: Hello there!
    Guest: I'm looking to get 20 new smartphones for my employees
    Guest: the pre3 looks amazing
    Guest: but my business has a sweet deal on Sprint. Will the Pre 3 be launched on Sprint?
    Tim: I'm checking on that for you.
    Tim: Thanks for waiting online and your patience.
    Tim: Yes, pre3 will be available on sprint.
    Guest: When will it be availble?
    Tim: The "HP pre3 ." is the most awaiting model. But, unfortunately, we do not have any official information on the releasing / orderable date. However, it is been expected to be available at the end of May.
    Guest: Thanks Tim
    Guest: have a great day
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I was chatting with someone from HP's sales department today... Here is the transcript. Take it with a grain of salt.

Tim: Welcome to HP Chat, please tell me the nature of your visit to chat today? (ie: technical support, pre- sales question, purchase, or quote)
    Guest: Hey Tim
    Tim: Hello there!
    Guest: I'm looking to get 20 new smartphones for my employees
    Guest: the pre3 looks amazing
    Guest: but my business has a sweet deal on Sprint. Will the Pre 3 be launched on Sprint?
    Tim: I'm checking on that for you.
    Tim: Thanks for waiting online and your patience.
    Tim: Yes, pre3 will be available on sprint.
    Guest: When will it be availble?
    Tim: The "HP pre3 ." is the most awaiting model. But, unfortunately, we do not have any official information on the releasing / orderable date. However, it is been expected to be available at the end of May.
    Guest: Thanks Tim
    Guest: have a great day
    hi,

I died and went to heaven! LOL,

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Ahhh, most awaiting model....

All your Pre3 are belong to us!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast