Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110
  1. alfred86's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #21  
    I could see Sprint Releasing the Stingray as the first HP product because Sprint has recently been big into this "industry first" stuff. And a Slate WebOs device would be another one of those industry first. I would perfer the Pre 3, but at this point I would really take any WebOs Sprint Device. I love my launch day Pre but as you can imagine is getting a little rough around the edges.
    Last edited by neobaptist; 04/19/2011 at 12:09 PM.
  2. #22  
    good idea. i "liked"
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    I actually spoke with two SAR's from Sprint today that they said that they have internal e-mails stating that Sprint will be recieving four HP device's by the end of this year. They are part of the 33 devices Sprint is planning to launch. They where not told which four. They also said that Sprint wasn't planning to carry any of them until HP bought them out and now Sprint is working heavily with HP.
    I'm not sure if this is good news or not. HP has only officially announced 3 devices, so a Sprint person saying 4 devices makes me doubt the validity of their claim. I think that HP would have announced all devices for this year at the Feb 9 event to generate as much buzz as possible... I do not see anything other than Veer, Pre3, and TP coming out in 2011.

    Anywho, I'm on the facebook campaign too!
  4. alfred86's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #24  
    Like I said I was told a year, which could mean by April next year if you take it literally we didn't have details, and I'm sure a year from now HP will hold yet another conference and roll out new devices. I don't think HP wants to be like Blackberry or Apple and only have a handfull of devices on a couple networks to choose from. They want a whole ecosytem like Andriod which would require them to role out a lot of devices on a lot of networks. HP has also hinted at a smaller version tablet and since the hardware has been removed from Palm and given to an HP team I would expect them to begin rolling out devices pretty regularly. HP is used to producing different products quarterly and now Palm can focus on what they do best which is software. We have already proven that WebOs scales well and is easily placed on different carriers with the Pre to Pre Plus and 2 conversions. If I can do it in my garage I'm sure HP can easily make a Sprint version of a device.

    They also said they are in talks which would mean they would like to get four but may end up with one or two less, but at this point anything would be better than what we have. Thirty-three devices seems like a lot but if you look at Sprints current line up they have gaps and you have to also include Nextel which is in desperate need of new hardware. Talks like that always give the "best case senerio", but just that Palm was brought up was news to me.

    I have a couple reasons to believe them. I have had a long standing relationship with one of them both in and outside of work, they both gave the same answer without hesitation, and they are both Android guys so I wouldn't see them both picking up false information.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    Like I said I was told a year, which could mean by April next year if you take it literally we didn't have details, and I'm sure a year from now HP will hold yet another conference and roll out new devices. I don't think HP wants to be like Blackberry or Apple and only have a handfull of devices on a couple networks to choose from. They want a whole ecosytem like Andriod which would require them to role out a lot of devices on a lot of networks. HP has also hinted at a smaller version tablet and since the hardware has been removed from Palm and given to an HP team I would expect them to begin rolling out devices pretty regularly. HP is used to producing different products quarterly and now Palm can focus on what they do best which is software. We have already proven that WebOs scales well and is easily placed on different carriers with the Pre to Pre Plus and 2 conversions. If I can do it in my garage I'm sure HP can easily make a Sprint version of a device.

    They also said they are in talks which would mean they would like to get four but may end up with one or two less, but at this point anything would be better than what we have. Thirty-three devices seems like a lot but if you look at Sprints current line up they have gaps and you have to also include Nextel which is in desperate need of new hardware. Talks like that always give the "best case senerio", but just that Palm was brought up was news to me.

    I have a couple reasons to believe them. I have had a long standing relationship with one of them both in and outside of work, they both gave the same answer without hesitation, and they are both Android guys so I wouldn't see them both picking up false information.
    they are both Android guys so I wouldn't see them both picking up false information.


    Becuase they want to bait you?
  6. #26  
    Done.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
  7. #27  
    done!
  8. #28  
    Did, done, doned. I know it won't make any kind of difference, but it makes me feel all accomplshed inside...
  9. #29  
    Bump.

    Love Sprint even though I'm on AT&T.
  10. #30  
    Done.

    I had a terrible dream last night.

    Sprint decided they were going to pick up HP, but only the Stingray which wasn't being released until September. I hope I'm not Nostradamus reincarnated and I'm wrong. Don't care for a slab, and I want the Pre3 this summer!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    I could see Sprint Releasing the Stingray as the first HP product because Sprint has recently been big into this "industry first" stuff. And a Slate WebOs device would be another one of those industry first. I would perfer the Pre 3, but at this point I would really take any WebOs Sprint Device. I love my launch day Pre but as you can imagine is getting a little rough around the edges.
    I know how u feel. I like the pre 3 form factor but at this point I'll take a WebOS toaster on sprint if that's my only choice!!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I know how u feel. I like the pre 3 form factor but at this point I'll take a WebOS toaster on sprint if that's my only choice!!
    and when it toasts, it imprints the Sprint Logo on the toast. LOL
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bear9494 View Post
    and when it toasts, it imprints the Sprint Logo on the toast. LOL
    QQ I want it all ready!
  14. #34  
    Done.
  15. #35  
    My recent tweets on this:

    @hplabs Plz don't let the Pre-/Pixi- owners swing in the wind...if no webOS 2, then make it worth our while to root on @hpdeals @precentral
    21 Feb

    @sprint @hpdeals @palm would it be so bad to hook up #palmpre owners w/ a shiny new #pre3?I would gladly re-up my exp contract & stay loyal
    24 Feb

    @sprint @hpdeals @palm @precentral C'mon people now, smile on your Pre- owner, evrybody come 2gether, lets all swap Pre- for Pre3 right noww
    24 Feb

    @precentral @sprint @hpdeals #HP don't forget about ur loyal @palm #pre /pixi owners..small pittance=loyalty! make it worth our while plz
    25 Feb via Spaz

    @precentral @palm @hpdeals I'm a @sprint #Pre user & I'm ready to buy a #Pre3. Plz give us launch-day adherents a reason 2 not jump ship!
    19 Mar via Spaz

    Hey look a response from @hpdeals:
    @L00pHole It'll be coming soon.... We'll be sure to let our fans know if any dates come out!
    22 Mar

    @hpdeals We #Pre users are excited for the news of a #Pre3 offer for our loyalty&patience Thx! @precentral @palm @HP_Listens #webos #Sprint
    5 Apr

    So then I decided to get at @HP_Listens (guy's name is Arv, based out of Isreal):
    @HP_Listens Arv how likely is a #sprint @palm #Pre trade-in prog. for a #Pre3? #webos @hpdeals @precentral #loyalty
    20 Apr via Spaz

    And Arv's response:
    @L00pHole Wish I could answer that question but I don't have any information on that. Sorry!
    21 Apr via HootSuite

    thx for the door slam, Arv!

    Follow me @L00pHole
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bear9494 View Post
    and when it toasts, it imprints the Sprint Logo on the toast. LOL
    Damn carrier branding!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    I'm not sure if this is good news or not. HP has only officially announced 3 devices, so a Sprint person saying 4 devices makes me doubt the validity of their claim. I think that HP would have announced all devices for this year at the Feb 9 event to generate as much buzz as possible... I do not see anything other than Veer, Pre3, and TP coming out in 2011.

    Anywho, I'm on the facebook campaign too!
    Why would this make you doubt it? Did you not see the posting, a while back now, on the smaller 7" tablet that is coming in September? HP's internal emails stated 6 devices coming out this year. Too me that's Pre 2, Pre 3, Veer, TouchPad 10", "Stingray", and 7" tablet. If the Pre 2 isn't one of those 6, then perhaps we'll see either a landscape slider or a true Pixi replacement (i.e. exposed keyboard candy bar format).

    The 7" tablet is pretty much a given as we've seen the information for the release. The device with the big question mark is the slab phone we saw that may be "Stingray". So having 4 devices is quite logical.
  18. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Why would this make you doubt it? Did you not see the posting, a while back now, on the smaller 7" tablet that is coming in September? HP's internal emails stated 6 devices coming out this year. Too me that's Pre 2, Pre 3, Veer, TouchPad 10", "Stingray", and 7" tablet. If the Pre 2 isn't one of those 6, then perhaps we'll see either a landscape slider or a true Pixi replacement (i.e. exposed keyboard candy bar format).

    The 7" tablet is pretty much a given as we've seen the information for the release. The device with the big question mark is the slab phone we saw that may be "Stingray". So having 4 devices is quite logical.
    Yha I think their obviously lining up a epic fall launch for the holidays. Opal, StingRay and possibly a 3rd device.
  19. alfred86's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #39  
    RUMOR: New HP phone coming to Sprint this August as a 6-month exclusive | webOSroundup

    For some I'm sure they will still complain that Sprint isn't getting the Pre Plus, because they are never happy, but this does look like a decent rumor. I think the time line sounds about right. I would like to believe this. I haven't heard anything about the competition but Sprint is big into competition among their techs. Like the information I was given it would be easier to believe with an e-mail or something mentioning a competition or something. Also with them saying Aug. I would say it will be closer to Sept. because launch days always seem to get pushed back.
  20. #40  
    any new WebOS phone will be an industry first since HP is the only one that has WebOS. makes it hard for others to make a WebOS first

    come on Pre 3 to Sprint
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions