1.    #1  
    UK: HP webOS Pre3 running on O2 networks at the Gadget Show 2011.

On the video demo here below made at the Gadget Show 2011 in the UK this week, the presenter is making a HP webOS TouchPad demo and confrims once more what I said before that Touch to Share is expanding its applications with Maps to interact between the TouchPad and the Pre3.

The interesting thing is that when the presenter demos the Touch to Share feature shows the Pre3 which is actually running on the UK O2 carrier networks.

This summer are planned by HP to launch both devices and we see now O2 will probably launch the Pre3 sure with the TouchPad in the UK and the HP webOS Veer in Germany .

I took a pic of the Pre3 O2 UK on the video. See the left top corner on the Pre3 on the pic attached herewith:

And the video that some of you have already saw it:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Unfortunately I don't think we can really draw anything from it given the TouchPad they demoed at the webOSconnect event was running on Vodaphone (3G TouchPad article) and they'd just purchased the SIM card from a nearby shop I'd be surprised if they hadn't just done the same here.

Given the trouble O2 UK had with the Pre and Pre+ (very high return / failure rates and poor sales) I actually think its going to be touch and go as to whether they pick up the next round of webOS devices even with HP now backing the platform.
    I hope they go back to Orange in the Uk, as the Orange / T-Mobile link up is giving good coverage for their customers. I'd then switch back from O2
    This means O2 Pre3 in the works or the unbranded versions will be out sooner than expected.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think we can really draw anything from it given the TouchPad they demoed at the webOSconnect event was running on Vodaphone (3G TouchPad article) and they'd just purchased the SIM card from a nearby shop I'd be surprised if they hadn't just done the same here.

Given the trouble O2 UK had with the Pre and Pre+ (very high return / failure rates and poor sales) I actually think its going to be touch and go as to whether they pick up the next round of webOS devices even with HP now backing the platform.
    Yes, but as O2 Germany twitted they are going to launch the Veer in May, is more probably that O2 UK could get the Pre3 and TouchPad as well. Same company, different countries.

By the other way the Pres were beta versions . The Pre3 is a final product.
    ... or maybe the Pre 3 will be featured on both carriers. Considering HP wants a fast deployment of the new webOS products I think it would even make sense to have it not only on O2 and Vodafone, but on Orange too.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Yes, but as O2 Germany twitted they are going to launch the Veer in May, is more probably that O2 UK could get the Pre3 and TouchPad as well. Same company, different countries.

By the other way the Pres were beta versions . The Pre3 is a final product.
    Actually I'm afraid they're not, while they're all part of the Telefonica group the different O2 companies are independent of one another and as such all make their own separate decisions with regards which phones to stock. As for the Pre's being 'beta' versions, well they shouldn't have been on sale then, first impressions being what they are and all

Don't get me wrong though I'm hoping it'll come to O2 UK given that's who I'm with I'm just not convinced it will given how badly the Pre and Pixi originally did in the UK.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Actually I'm afraid they're not, while they're all part of the Telefonica group the different O2 companies are independent of one another and as such all make their own separate decisions with regards which phones to stock. As for the Pre's being 'beta' versions, well they shouldn't have been on sale then, first impressions being what they are and all

Don't get me wrong though I'm hoping it'll come to O2 UK given that's who I'm with I'm just not convinced it will given how badly the Pre and Pixi originally did in the UK.
    I really hope HP negotiate the full HP webOS new package with carriers, as they are bundle experts, this is the moment to show that expertise. I hope they succeed.
    I just want to also add to this thread another video that has came out. It shows alot of impressions of several people there and one of them that I really noticed was that one guy complimented the TouchPad by saying, "It was much lighter that I thought it would when I first picked it up." I would have made a whole new thread but didn't feel like spamming PreCentral with a new thread. Here is the video... MUST WATCH!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rennat; 04/23/2011 at 02:10 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I just want to also add to this thread another video that has came out. It shows alot of impressions of several people there and one of them that I really noticed what that one guy complimented the TouchPad by saying, "It was much lighter that I thought it would when I first picked it up." I would have made a whole new thread but didn't feel like spamming PreCentral with a new thread. Here is the video... MUST WATCH!!!!!!!!!!
    OP already has that same video.

Also at 2:37 how come the Touchstone is unplugged?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    OP already has that same video.
    uhm. i dont quite see where this video is in the OP?

Rennat, thanks for posting that!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Nice and thanks for posting that
    Duetschland Uber Alles
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    uhm. i dont quite see where this video is in the OP?

Rennat, thanks for posting that!
    Quote Originally Posted by 92turbo2 View Post
    Nice and thanks for posting that
    Your Welcome! I Actually found this via WebOSRound up. It was posted a bit ago but PreCentral didn't do anything with the gadget show for the blog so I posted it here. It had the most reactions from real world people, both nerds like us and the norm people. I really liked it. I have watched it a few time because I keep picking up things I missed.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    ya, i really like that it shows reactions of both nerds and the general population. very good reaction video in my opinion.